SRLE + SkyComplete + Legacy of the Dragonborn Installation Vids

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick note. My video series is now complete. It consists of a total of 56 videos and covers, in some detail, a full installation of SRLE from beginning to end (starting with installing Skyrim). After that is finished, I then cover adding SkyComplete and Legacy of the Dragonborn to the install (what can I say, I'm a completionist!). I tried to keep each video to 20 minutes or so. In a few cases they go longer.

The playlist is here if you are interested in taking a look.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaHO2M49jtr28CV0Of1RbMhQhmR3_yVS-

Videos 1-49 (plus video 7A) cover the installation of SRLE.

Videos 50-55 cover the installation of SkyComplete and Legacy of the Dragonborn over the top of SRLE (including creating a new bashed patch, conflict resolution, etc, in order to stabilize the game with the new additions).

Along the way I did make a few mistakes here and there. It's difficult not to when you are trying to keep things moving along for the purposes of a video. But when I did make a mistake, I noted it (usually I caught them during editing, some of them were caught by viewers), and then corrected the mistake is a subsequent video.

I want to say thanks to Neovalen (of course!) for his amazing guide without which I obviously could not have produced these videos. And also to the viewers that proofed my work and pointed out issues along the way.

Note that I'm aware the entire thing will quickly go out of date (in fact, it already has). The purpose though I think is still valid even if the specific steps are not going to be the same as SRLE evolves. That purpose is to help people who are new to modding learn how to run through the guide so that they are knowledgeable enough to tackle the changes as they come up.

I'll be starting up a "Let's Play Skyrim" with this install (or at least something very similar to it, I'm actually redoing the entire install to update it to the current version of the guide). Probably in a couple of weeks or so.

• +1 5

The conflict resolution should be very helpful for me, thanks for all the hard work Ron!

Edit : This is just my opinion but i think if you name each videos with what you cover in that video specificly would be helpful to everyone and to you to get more likes and subscribes.For example:

Episode 53 : Skyrim conflict resoulution guide after '....' setup

I know that you put them in the description but for those who do not know about it ,it would be easier for them to click your videos.

Edited by Bircangelo

Great to hear your (just short of) 6-month project has reached fruition! I have been wondering this for a while but didn't have an appropriate place to ask...

How did you deal with version-skew, etc. over so long a time period? I started my install on a Friday and was done by the end of the weekend, even then I needed to backtrack several times to account for changes made to the guide during the few days it took to install.

Although I didn't actually use your guide I nevertheless thank you for making it as, after stumbling across it, I was made aware of the existence of SR:LE and am now very much enjoying playing of same! Cheers and good luck with your "Let's Play" series. :-D

Great to hear your (just short of) 6-month project has reached fruition! I have been wondering this for a while but didn't have an appropriate place to ask...

How did you deal with version-skew, etc. over so long a time period? I started my install on a Friday and was done by the end of the weekend, even then I needed to backtrack several times to account for changes made to the guide during the few days it took to install.

Although I didn't actually use your guide I nevertheless thank you for making it as, after stumbling across it, I was made aware of the existence of SR:LE and am now very much enjoying playing of same! Cheers and good luck with your "Let's Play" series. :-D

I stuck with the "current" version as long as I could. There came a point when that was no longer feasible, and that point came on March 8. At that time, the guide changed, and I had a choice to go backward and redo stuff I'd already done, or continue on using an old version of the guide. As the first option ultimately was an exercise in futility (I would never have finished the series, it would simply have become a constant reinstallation of prior mods), I chose the latter. So from that point on I used the March 8 version of the guide.

I stuck with the "current" version as long as I could. There came a point when that was no longer feasible, and that point came on March 8. At that time, the guide changed, and I had a choice to go backward and redo stuff I'd already done, or continue on using an old version of the guide. As the first option ultimately was an exercise in futility (I would never have finished the series, it would simply have become a constant reinstallation of prior mods), I chose the latter. So from that point on I used the March 8 version of the guide.

I see, thanks for the reply, I've been wondering that for a while. Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.