During my install I'll list my notes, thoughts etc on the guide. Feel free to discard or use the information how you choose.
- there are no 17_3 (or 17.3) MAIN files. There is an old file though. The newest is 17.5 - I guess it's okay to install 17.5?
- Author: valda and Sharlikran
- Version: v17.3
- Fallout 3 Equivalent: Wrye Flash
- Installation: This program is NOT optional. Get the Wrye Flash 17_3 - Standalone Executable main file. Follow these instructions:
- Open up the Wrye Flash 17_3 - Standalone Executable archive from where ever it was downloaded to.
Extract the entire contents to the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas" folder, not the "Data" folder.
Start Wrye Flash NV right now to correct an annoying setting:
From the Mods tab, right click the File on the top bar and make sure Lock Times is UNTICKED.
Wrye Flash NV is only going to be used for its Bashed Patch abilities to merge mods or parts of mods to increase compatibility while using many mods. Sharlikran has started developing Wrye Flash NV again, but he is only one person, so anyon
e with python experience should consider lending a hand on Wrye Bash/Flash/Flash NV/Smash coding.
Red emphasis mine
I'm guessing this should be interpreted as install BOTH the "mopy" AND "data" folder from the zip, to the root folder of FNV? and not that I should NOT extract the "data" folder from the zip?