FNIS install

thebiglutovsky

Question

Howdy.

I've tried installing FNIS about half a dozen times, with steps like disabling antivirus while installing and opening up all permissions to the skyrim install file, but Nexus Mod Manager keeps spitting out this message, and I can't find any other sources that lead me in a direction to fix it: 

A problem occurred during install: 
The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Bluto\AppData\Local\Temp\NexusModManager\551otdau.oms\FNIS Behavior 6.3\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Modders\generatefnisformodders.exe' because it is being used by another process.
The mod was not installed. // Install // 

The fine folks over at GamerPoets suggested I give y'all a try.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to render.

3 answers to this question

The best answer I can give you is: FNIS isn't really a 'mod', in the truest sense of the definition, rather it is a tool that accesses the Data folder. Since STEP recommends Mod Organizer I could advise you to switch, but that probably isn't the answer you're after.

Please note the sticky post on the FNIS forum is wrong, FNIS works perfectly well with MO.

Now specifically the error message occurs because NMM is trying to access the tool that is found in the temporary folder used during the installation, this is wrong and I have no specific answer for that other than following @Gamerpoet's video exactly.