Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

I just installed this the other day along with the HD torches - It looks really good, blends well with the game & works with Deadly spell impacts. I run a heavily modded skyrim & used to have freezes and crashes during combat, I had been told enhanced blood was the cause OR deadly spell impacts. I won't remove enhanced blood as combined with bloodier combat and bloody facials it visually improves combat tenfold, bloody facials also creates bloody water drips when combined with wet & cold. the solution instead seems to be to install deadly spell impacts then delete the esp and only use the textures/meshes. you still get the effects but minus the freezes/crashes. The HD fire spells textures used with the just mentioned mod combination+project ENB+enhanced lighting & fx & many other high res textures doesn't seem to cause any CTD/freezing issues at all.

Peace.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed this the other day along with the HD torches - It looks really good, blends well with the game & works with Deadly spell impacts. I run a heavily modded skyrim & used to have freezes and crashes during combat, I had been told enhanced blood was the cause OR deadly spell impacts. I won't remove enhanced blood as combined with bloodier combat and bloody facials it visually improves combat tenfold, bloody facials also creates bloody water drips when combined with wet & cold. the solution instead seems to be to install deadly spell impacts then delete the esp and only use the textures/meshes. you still get the effects but minus the freezes/crashes. The HD fire spells textures used with the just mentioned mod combination+project ENB+enhanced lighting & fx & many other high res textures doesn't seem to cause any CTD/freezing issues at all.

Peace.

Do you have any idea why Deadly Spell Impacts is using an ESP at all if you get the same effects without it?

Peace.

Do you have any idea why Deadly Spell Impacts is using an ESP at all if you get the same effects without it?

Not sure. I haven't tested it installing just the meshes & textures, I've only tested it after installing it with the esp, running the game, having a crash occur during the wolf fight near riverwood at the start of the game, then removing the esp, recreating the bashedpatch and playing the game again. its a pretty consistant crash too, has occurred in the same way and been solved in the same way through several re-installs of the game.

the crashes seem to have something to do with the demand for resources from the pc/graphics card also. For example if I ran vanilla skyrim + enhanced blood textures + bloodier combat + bloody facials & Deadly spell impacts, I'm pretty sure the game would run fine, no crashes or freezes. but because of all the texture packs I'm using, the enb & the 260+ mods, there just doesn't seem to be enough resources for running the deadly spell impacts esp along with everything else. either that or its a conflict with another mod, however as the textures still appear in game without the esp, I can just remove the deadly spell impacts esp.

As to why its needed when you get the textures appearing in game without it, I have no idea, though I'd suggest it may have something to do with the pattern that appears on the surface of things you fire spells (how often the texture appears as you move the spell around burning/zapping/freezing things) OR something to do with making it interact with the creatures/enemies/npc models properly. I need to test and see if corspes burn like they're meant to after being hit with fire spells, or if the textures stay the same. as far as I know; the textures on killed-by-fire creatures/enemies/npc's are meant to change to a burnt flesh texture. maybe its needed for something like that; If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Peace.

Oh yeah' date=' I think it is the burning feature, I'm pretty sure that's not part of Vanilla. Totally forgot that mod did that.[/quote']

It may also help to control the 2 fire effect, but not sure

@peacefulmoments

You seem to have a lot of XP with a lot of Skyrim mods. This would be beneficial to mod testing and STEP Packs. Let us know if you want to help out with that work as we enter our wiki-Mod-Testing beta (coming very soon)

Oh yeah' date=' I think it is the burning feature' date=' I'm pretty sure that's not part of Vanilla. Totally forgot that mod did that.[/quote'']

@peacefulmoments

You seem to have a lot of XP with a lot of Skyrim mods. This would be beneficial to mod testing and STEP Packs. Let us know if you want to help out with that work as we enter our wiki-Mod-Testing beta (coming very soon)

cheers for the offer, I might take you up on that, though I'm meant to be working on the several musical & business collaborations I've got going at the moment & to be honest, I just finished my mega modded skyrim config this morning & after spending 2 whole days trying to get navetsea cbbe skin to match nuska realskin navetsea or beauty faces, and failing, i'm a bit burnt out. I have however finally got the desired character diversity & natural looking enhancement I was looking for AND get to keep the Tera armors collection for UNP + 3rd beta male armor pack which I so badly did not want to lose. I found the armor pack works fine with XCE meshes & skins & that I can achieve no neak seam & no plastic shine (2 bains of my modding existence) using better beast races+cover khajiit then ethereal elves (no optional hi res) then XCE+clean skin patch for females then realistic hair+aof believable hair+lighter hi res beards (as per step) then XCE hi res scars+hi res warpaint&dirt for men +hi res eyebrows and finally natural eyes+ran's reflection extended+longer lashes. far fewer steps & a far more vanilla like & generally awesome outcome. sorry to get off topic again. if it helps I've written a decent mod install list incl. skyrimnexus mod numbers so they're ez to look up for download. and the install list is in order. I wanted to post it here anyway but was unsure of the forum rules regarding mods like - swearing mudcrabs, skyhighrim & the cannabis mod, I wouldn't want to post the list without mentioning those mods but don't want to break the rules either.

Peace.

Oh yeah' date=' I think it is the burning feature' date=' I'm pretty sure that's not part of Vanilla. Totally forgot that mod did that.[/quote'']

@peacefulmoments

cheers for the offer, I might take you up on that, though I'm meant to be working on the several musical & business collaborations I've got going at the moment & to be honest, I just finished my mega modded skyrim config this morning & after spending 2 whole days trying to get navetsea cbbe skin to match nuska realskin navetsea or beauty faces, and failing, i'm a bit burnt out. I have however finally got the desired character diversity & natural looking enhancement I was looking for AND get to keep the Tera armors collection for UNP + 3rd beta male armor pack which I so badly did not want to lose. I found the armor pack works fine with XCE meshes & skins & that I can achieve no neak seam & no plastic shine (2 bains of my modding existence) using better beast races+cover khajiit then ethereal elves (no optional hi res) then XCE+clean skin patch for females then realistic hair+aof believable hair+lighter hi res beards (as per step) then XCE hi res scars+hi res warpaint&dirt for men +hi res eyebrows and finally natural eyes+ran's reflection extended+longer lashes. far fewer steps & a far more vanilla like & generally awesome outcome. sorry to get off topic again. if it helps I've written a decent mod install list incl. skyrimnexus mod numbers so they're ez to look up for download. and the install list is in order. I wanted to post it here anyway but was unsure of the forum rules regarding mods like - swearing mudcrabs, skyhighrim & the cannabis mod, I wouldn't want to post the list without mentioning those mods but don't want to break the rules either.

Peace.

Post anything you want in the appropriate threads as long as it is not an obvious insult. Our Citizenship guide is on the wiki if you want to peruse. Anything about modding, including mod lists can be posted in fe, Skyrim Related forum. If you do some testing for us in your spare time, you will get Wiki access (soon to open anyway) where you can create your own ongoing material as you please. We only have a handful of common-sense rules around here.

Cheers,

z

I wanted to post it here anyway but was unsure of the forum rules regarding mods like - swearing mudcrabs, skyhighrim & the cannabis mod, I wouldn't want to post the list without mentioning those mods but don't want to break the rules either.

Peace.

Go for it, we don't care about cussing as long as it's not directed at anyone, and the drug mods are just hysterical IMO.  Basically, if it's allowed on the Nexus, it's allowed here (and we even let people say bad things about mods here :ohmy: ).  Just make sure to wrap your list in spoiler tags ("[ spoiler ]" and "[ /spoiler ]" without the spaces) so it doesn't take up several pages.

In TES5Edit it looks like the DSI esp adds 11 additional impacts to get different effects when magic is used on snow (vs. vanilla which doesn't have these differences), adds some impact decals, and changes some of the parameters on the impacts from vanilla skyrim.esm

• 2 months later...