Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

As far as a video would go would you all rather have the two mods shown one after another or side by side?

Either is fine as long as it's in-game. Some of the programs that allow you to test in a testing environment (as Z found out) isn't up to par with the in-game lighting.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer ultimate except for the candle and the giants bonfire.

Also, which resolutions have you used? It'ld be best if the comparison uses the same resolution, so e.g. 1k vs. 1k instead of 8k vs. 2k...

For comparisons sake, I'ld say we stick to STEP baseline, which means Medium resolution for Ultimate HD Fire Effects vs. the files from Cinematic Fire Effects.

If the video footage you have provided fulfills these prerequisites we can either decide to create a bcf for cinematic fire which only selects a few textures (if actually possible) or don't use cinematic at all.

I prefer ultimate except for the candle and the giants bonfire.

Also, which resolutions have you used? It'ld be best if the comparison uses the same resolution, so e.g. 1k vs. 1k instead of 8k vs. 2k...

I didn't alter the resolution size of either of the mods. They are the the textures right as downloaded. Not optimized. This is to say that Ultimate HD has higher res textures all around. Cinematic textures seems to be a lot of 1k and closer to 512. The Ultimate textures are mostly at 1K I believe, but does have quite a few at 2k. Specifically where the two mods overlap. Even with this difference  I believe that it reducing Ultimate to 1k would still look better than Cinematic. Higher res even when reduced to 1K.

EDIT: To maybe better answer. Using Ultimate HD Fire Effects Medium version, yes =)

everyone complained about fps drop (i never noticed any) on 1.0, so i was hesitant to use anything too big this time

looks like i got some work to do if i wanna beat ultimate huh)))

updated

please remake ur comparison video :x

doubt ill come out on top still, but at least there shouldnt be anything totally pony now, like the whiterun brazier fires and bannered mare fire)))

• 4 weeks later...