Ultimate HD Fire Effects (by BuzzDee84)

JudgmentJay

Can anyone grab a 30 sec to 1 min clip of before and after and post to youtube? FRAPS is good for quick captures. If the quick clip warrants further investigation then I'll try to put together a quick compare video. (Still working on my water mod compare vid in my spare time).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I was just wondering if you knew if the SMIM overwrite of the HD fire effect doesn't have any significant value, since fire effects it not listed before SMIM in the STEP guide. Because on the SMIM nexus site the author recommends installing the fire effects before SMIM.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am currently installing STEP 2.2.9

STEP recommends Ultimate HD Fire Effects - Meduim Resolution and the Ulitmate HD Candle Flames files. I chose "Ultra Version" of the HD Fire Effects mod instead. When I try to install the HD Candles file (via MO) a warning pops up...

This mod seems to be installed already. Do you want to add files from this archive (overwriting exsisting ones) or do you want to completely replace the exsisting files (old files are deleted)? Alternatively you can install this mod under a different name. Click > Merge-Replace-Rename-Cancel

What do I do?

• 1 year later...

As mentioned in my general topic, I feel this is not the approach needed for a large guided install that is often taken by newer users.

By all means we can explain that either choice is allowed but what is wrong with making a choice ourselves and letting users that can't make it use that?

We have the experience to see that there is a choice and either is fine. Some users will be doing the install and be confounded by this step when all that is needed is for "a choice" to be made for them.

It's not like I'm asking for a complete re-write of the guide, just a small addition.

As mentioned in my general topic, I feel this is not the approach needed for a large guided install that is often taken by newer users.

By all means we can explain that either choice is allowed but what is wrong with making a choice ourselves and letting users that can't make it use that?

We have the experience to see that there is a choice and either is fine. Some users will be doing the install and be confounded by this step when all that is needed is for "a choice" to be made for them.

It's not like I'm asking for a complete re-write of the guide, just a small addition.

When I first started using STEP I'd be lying if I said this wouldn't have been handy, simply because I had no idea what was going on.

This has come up several time before and the answer is to always RTM. Learning to use MO and it's functions is part of the process and we all had to do. That's why we have the MO manual on the wiki. We want to teach users rather than just tell them what do it. This has always been the stance of STEP. The Guide is 100x easier to use than it was when it was just a PDF! I've actually not seen this issue crop up in a long time. We should be linking to documentation during our support so the user knows it's there and learns on their own.