Mising DLC? - [SOLVED]

Smile44

Question

Hi I know that this on the surface is a missing textures problem for which there are other posts but from what I have seen they don't cover what I am experiencing. I have been trying to solve this problem with fresh installs of the game / packages etc. but I need some help.

When I run Skyrim un-modded everything is fine, but when I add textures through Step 2B, i get purple shapes etc.. which are missing and or corrupted files. Problem is when I uninstall them, I still have the same missing textures - I am using WB to install them and have done so without problems in the past. So I use steam to validate the game cache and it starts on a big file download. Looking in my data folder I find that the Bethesda HD DLC 2 bsa has disappeared from the data folder. In other words WB has uninstalled and deleted it. This happened recently but I assumed I had deleted it by accident - not the case apparently.

This is pretty freaky and I wonder if anyone has come across this before. Hopefully something ridiculously obvious - that I am not doing.

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just completed a walk-through of the guide. It's not as hard as it was the first time I read through it. Here are a few suggestions:

• The comment I made above.
  • Include screenshots of the step-by-step process. One screen per step.
  • On the "Extracting the Vanilla Textures" instructions you say to tick [Don't process any of the know file types]. On the next tab and next set of instructions, you say to tick this again in step 6. This leads me to believe somewhere in-between these steps, for someone working straight through the guide, this setting should be unticked; however, there is no instruction to do so. I untick it at the beginning of the optimization tab before proceeding because I double checked the configuration screenshots and this was not ticked. If it should not remained ticked throughout the entire process, a step needs to be added to untick it.
  • All your stuff from the Guide's OP needs to be added to the guide. I didn't even see it till I had already ran through the guide.

Hi I have made the changes to the ini - used the example on the guide - so much clearer now. It seems that some of the text supplied in the ini implies that changes only need to be made if necessary, so I have left the last one unchanged as my Mopy folder is where it should be and WB had no problem locating the game so all is as it should be.

Thanks again.

Ixian Inventor? Are you a Dune fan?