5 replies to this topic

#1 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

So, I've got all the ini settings in and ready to do the first couple of benchmarks. However, as part of the instructions, I disabled the V-sync as it's supposed to be controlled by the enblocal.ini. But, I thought I was supposed to wait until after STEP is fully implemented. So do I turn on V-sync either in game or in the graphics setting, or am I suppose to benchmark with it off? 

Just checking, sorry if this seems like an idiotic question, just not done much benchmarking before. 

#2 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

VSync should be enabled with iPresentInterval=1 in the [Display] section of skyrim.ini, EnableVSync=true in the [ENGINE] section of enblocal.ini, and Application Controlled or similar in the video driver configuration.

#3 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

VSync should be enabled with iPresentInterval=1 in the [Display] section of skyrim.ini, EnableVSync=true in the [ENGINE] section of enblocal.ini, and Application Controlled or similar in the video driver configuration.

I get all that, but what I'm saying is that if you follow the directions, correct me if I'm wrong, it would seem like you wouldn't at this point? Perhaps I missed it though. I'll just do it from the ini. Thanks though. I can finally move forward. 

#4 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:02 AM

I get all that, but what I'm saying is that if you follow the directions, correct me if I'm wrong, it would seem like you wouldn't at this point? Perhaps I missed it though. I'll just do it from the ini. Thanks though. I can finally move forward. 

Yeah, all the settings have to be set up as Greg mentions for VSync to function correctly. And if VSync doesn't function correctly, you can have issues and weird bugs in Skyrim.

If following the guide, all three of those items should have been mentioned at some point before installation of any mods. If they aren't mentioned, then that is an error in the guide that we should rectify. I think they are, though, IIRC.

#5 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, all the settings have to be set up as Greg mentions for VSync to function correctly. And if VSync doesn't function correctly, you can have issues and weird bugs in Skyrim.

If following the guide, all three of those items should have been mentioned at some point before installation of any mods. If they aren't mentioned, then that is an error in the guide that we should rectify. I think they are, though, IIRC.

Well I know the ENB one isn't right, because I remember very clearly the guide saying to wait before installing ENB until you have a stable STEP installed. I'll have the check on the others, because now I can't recally exactly what was suppose to be the primary program to run it. 

Edit: Ah nope my mistake, think just with going through all the stuff I missed it but yeah it's there. I must of imagine the ENB thing as well, because I couldn't find it. Oh well, what I get for doing this at 1 AM I suppose. 

Edit 2: I assume it's safe to leave the duplicate in the prefs.ini? 

Edited by Aeradom, 08 July 2016 - 01:09 AM.

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Install ENB lighting after step at user discretion, but ENBoost is just the memory portion and configured up front ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users