SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I'm looking to start installing this behemoth soon but I have some questions before that.

1: How stable is it? ie. I expect to crash now and then, but if it's every 30 mins, I might wait

2: How much hand-holding and error fixing is needed during a 100% gameplay? I expect some errors to show up that needs to be fixed via console or otherwise, but again, if it's every quest I'll wait

3: What's the expected FPS? (see my system in sig)

4: I don't understand the purpose of the 2 different wiki's for this install (Main Guide and Install guide). How do I use them?

Thanks in advance and thumbs up for all your hard work.

Well, I did a complete install of the guide like, 3 months ago, with the then-current guide and I must say, I have not ran into any serious problems.

1: It was pretty much stable, but account for some hiccups here and there, it is heavy modding after all. Not gonna crash on you every 30 mins, more likely once a week.

2: The self-fixing is almost non-existent. You can just disable Helgen Reborn at the start, get to the end of the cave, then add it back again and you are good to go. There won't be any quests impossible to do or such.

3: I got a VERY inferior system (HD7770 1GB+i5-3470+8GB value RAM) and I could run the whole game on a pretty stable 45+ at most times with no ENB. Your rig will just laugh at the game and have fun on the highest levels of detail (2k or 4k textures at every mods, instead of my 1k everywhere with some random 2k diffuses)

4: If you are familiar with the world of modding somewhat, you will only need the Main Guide, which has every information you shall need. The other guide might help in troubleshooting the order of mods/files.

All-in-all, I can only vouch not to wait on any other revision, because this guide is the most complete, best guide ever to get the most out of the current mods and the Skyrim engine.

P.S.: If you wanna wait some, just read about how many kinks are there with the recent merge with the original guide - nearly zero. Just go for it!

• +1 1

Alkira thank you for the instructions regarding Helgen - RS child patch. Learnt something new with xedit...however again as mention in an earlier post at the bottom of said child there is no tint layer in order to fix..as can be seen here. Apology Nozzer/ Darth don't know how to add as spoiler. Perhaps i'm misunderstanding your instruction but if there is no tint layer at the bottom what value are we to fix to 27?

Berndaroy PS the screen shot i took hasn't uploaded here with the post...i'll try again

Edited by berndaroy

Alkira thank you for the instructions regarding Helgen - RS child patch. Learnt something new with xedit...however again as mention in an earlier post at the bottom of said child there is no tint layer in order to fix..as can be seen here. Apology Nozzer/ Darth don't know how to add as spoiler. Perhaps i'm misunderstanding your instruction but if there is no tint layer at the bottom what value are we to fix to 27?

Berndaroy PS the screen shot i took hasn't uploaded here with the post...i'll try again

It at the bottom you'll find the tint layers where it says "TINI - Tint Index" right click on the number click Edit change value to 27. I have a question out to Arthmoor cos CRF also appears to have this issue as well. I am seeing if he can give some insight into it.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Darth thank you, but this is what i'm trying to show with screenshot...NAMA Face part is the last thing on said child( 0310865d Balok_Act_MnGirl..Hannah)...absolutely NO TINI - Tint Index. At this point i have simply flag this patch in Merged Tool to ignore error to enable the merge though that may bring up problems later

Berndaroy

Darth thank you, but this is what i'm trying to show with screenshot...NAMA Face part is the last thing on said child( 0310865d Balok_Act_MnGirl..Hannah)...absolutely NO TINI - Tint Index. At this point i have simply flag this patch in Merged Tool to ignore error to enable the merge though that may bring up problems later

Berndaroy

suggest you reload the original plugins cos it is there plus it in helgen reborn itself although i am not really convinced it is major issue.

It's not a major issue. It would be more of an issue if the child in question was actually alive, She's actually a ghost. All it will mean is that the ghost has a slight discolouration under it's (her?) eyes. You'll likely have to look pretty hard to even see it.

Hello pt1f4b,

Had this issue some time ago.

So I have replaced the value with 27 ([EyeSocket Lower] FemaleLowerEyeSocket) instead of 24 (Skin tone) (because after having looked at the Hanna character in-game, was a lower eye socket missing texture) in both the plugins because one is merged and the other part of the load order.

Works so far.

For any help:

- run xEdit,

- uncheck all,

- check ONLY "Helgen Reborn-RSC Patch.esp"

- wait for the tool to finish loading,

- right-click the plugin Helgen Reborn-RSC Patch.esp and click "Check for errors",

- copy the number under brackets in the first line,

- paste it in the left panel top left box (FormID),

- click "enter"

- in the right panel, scroll down to the bottom where the TINT Layer issue is missing on both the main and patch plugins,

- left click on the value slowly (clicking yes you are sure from the poping warning window) until a scroll menu appears proposing different values (24, 27, 28...),

- click on the 27 and redo it for the other plugin,

- check for errors another time to make sure there is no more error,

- close the window, make sure both the plugins and the "backup plugin" option are checked.

Edit: this is better to do it that way and redo the merged patch afterwards although the error's being carried over the merged file should be same result to do it in the merged (and the main file) directly instead.

Alkira.

Thanks Alkira, that was helpful, as i don't like seeing any errors during such a massive installation like this guide. It stresses me a little as i don't want to do stupid mistakes and redo it from scratch !

a couple of more questions:

1) I could still use some more guidance as to why there are 2 wiki guides for this (main and install) and which one I should follow

2) Do I need to install STEP:Core/Extended add SR:LE and then add SRLE Extended LOTD on top of it or should I start with vanilla Skyrim and then add SRLE Extended LOTD?

3) How is the performance on Win 10? (see sig for rig). I'm not counting on installing 4K textures (only 2K max) as my screen resolution is only 1680x1050 (one piece of PC equipment I never got to upgrade). Please advice me if my thinking on textures are flawed :P

a couple of more questions:

1) I could still use some more guidance as to why there are 2 wiki guides for this (main and install) and which one I should follow

2) Do I need to install STEP:Core/Extended add SR:LE and then add SRLE Extended LOTD on top of it or should I start with vanilla Skyrim and then add SRLE Extended LOTD?

3) How is the performance on Win 10? (see sig for rig). I'm not counting on installing 4K textures (only 2K max) as my screen resolution is only 1680x1050 (one piece of PC equipment I never got to upgrade). Please advice me if my thinking on textures are flawed :P

I installed windows 7 just for this game, with windows 10 you only have 4gb available of ram.