SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

The main guide is standalone, as has been said often. The other guide is the integration guide which is of use if you already have a working Neovalen base SRLE.

AS for Windows 10 I cant help you as I refuse to use that spyware riddled junk OS.

Nozzer it might have been said often, but it's not explained in the Op and I'm not about to read through 400 pages to find the answer.

I installed windows 7 just for this game, with windows 10 you only have 4gb available of ram.

I know of the problems with DX9 and Windows 8+ but my question was if it made any significant performance problems with WIN10. Or rather will this install with 2K textures ever reach the DX9 4Gb Vram limitations?

Did you click on the link in the OP and look at the actual page? Would have answered your question.

I did actually... But it only made me more confused as it seemed as if I could start from both a Vanilla game and a SR:LE game, which made no sense to me if the desired output should be the same.

But you've cleared it up for me so at least that hurdle is done with ☺ï¸

ORIGINALLY: you needed a SRLE setup and this pack was designed as an add-on. Hence why the integration guide's still around, as a bit of a legacy service to anyone who's coming at it from that angle.

We then decided it was easier if the whole guide was standalone, so you didn't need worry about Neovalen's guide, thus saving having to have many tabs open etc. So if you use the first link in the OP, you should be fine to go from dead vanilla to fully modded with at most maybe 2 tabs open at once.

IF and WHEN SKSE arrives for SSE, we'll port this guide over for it too. Though this Classic version will also remain for those who don't want to go to SSE.

I've not heard of anyone having any huge issues with Windows 10. I don't use it and won't use it, so Maybe take my words on that with a grain of salt. The memory issue will likely mean the occasional crash, I'd imagine. If you stay with 2k's 99% of the time, maybe 4K if you want to risk it for textures for your char and NPC's you will hopefully limit that even too.

Edited by Nozzer66

I just finished the build!!!

But I got the following situation:

292pe1h.png

Winter is comming is disabled in the MCM menu :/

I am going to ignore that and start playing anyway.

I have spent the whole weekend modding Skyrim but playing the game XD

I found the error, I didn't remove the original esp from WIC Cloaks.

By the way, here is how my game looks now:

https://youtu.be/U7IgJr3tEc4

I have a sugestion to improve userfriendlyness of the guide. It is actually how I made the build.

It is like setting milestones in some parts of the guide where you can test how the build is going so far.

For example in:  20.1 [Alternate Start - Live Another Life] you can disable son esps that have dependencies and then run the game and check that everything is ok so far. Also it would be nice to have like a checklist of especial anotations for mods, like for example, which mods have to be installed without the esp, or which ones have keep inside the bsa. Which ones have special LOOT configurations, or Wyre Bash settings.

After that part, I skipped most of the textures improvements and started to build the sections required mostly for the dependencies in order to keep testing.

I left the textures for the ending.

Please take this like a suggestion and just an improvements over to the actually excellent guide.

Regards

Edited by johanlh

For example in:  20.1 [Alternate Start - Live Another Life] you can disable son esps that have dependencies and then run the game and check that everything is ok so far. Also it would be nice to have like a checklist of especial anotations for mods, like for example, which mods have to be installed without the esp, or which ones have keep inside the bsa. Which ones have special LOOT configurations, or Wyre Bash settings.

well things like the mods left BSA's, LOOT rules and Wrye Bash setting even ones without esp could be easily dealt with by creating so new pretty colour tags and adding them in. Would have to learn how to do that thou. The code is a little confusing for someone not well versed in CSS and HTML Like me and Darth. But I guess all we would need to do to take an existing one and change the background colour and text colour I'll have a play see what i can come up with.

Edited by DarkladyLexy
  • +1 1

Not quite sure what you mean. There's already differing colours for things like LOOT rules, files to delete etc.

Unchecking esps that have uninstalled dependencies and then running the game for testing is a well known technique.

I mean like generate a list with the installation order, and then next to the name the special considerations for every mod installation procedure. I think it would come in handy to review and check one's installation status vs the guide.

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk