SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I have a sugestion to improve userfriendlyness of the guide. It is actually how I made the build.

It is like setting milestones in some parts of the guide where you can test how the build is going so far.

For example in:  20.1 [Alternate Start - Live Another Life] you can disable son esps that have dependencies and then run the game and check that everything is ok so far. Also it would be nice to have like a checklist of especial anotations for mods, like for example, which mods have to be installed without the esp, or which ones have keep inside the bsa. Which ones have special LOOT configurations, or Wyre Bash settings.

After that part, I skipped most of the textures improvements and started to build the sections required mostly for the dependencies in order to keep testing.

I left the textures for the ending.

Please take this like a suggestion and just an improvements over to the actually excellent guide.

Regards

I've always wanted a "checklist" for these behemoth installations that can take days or even weeks. Or perhaps even a "next step" button. I'm not sure how much is possible with wiki's bu it would certainly make the entire guide more streamlined and give a much better overview.

But I'm only nitpicking.. I could just download the entire guide and delete steps I've already done :)

hey guys just add a shiny new Tag for mod still packed in there BSA's. i really don't think we need an more then that don't se the point for tag for LOOT, Wrye Bash or mods without esp cos all that info is already there.

Nice addition, by the way at the end of the guide, next to the compilation list of LOOT metarules, you can add a small table like this:

Mod Name

Bash Tag Update Required:

[Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central]

DELEV

[Faction Crossbows]

All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp need to be removed using Wrye Bash before merging this mod.

[You Hunger]

DELEV

[Dreadflopps Leveled Lists - SRLE Extended]

DELEV

RELEV

Set these bash tags in Wrye Bash when you create the Bashed Patch to all 3 esps in this archive.

Just for cross check at the end.

P.S. I couldn't post the table so I am attaching it like a image

post-10031-0-78087000-1490193357_thumb.jpg

Edited by johanlh

Nice addition, by the way at the end of the guide, next to the compilation list of LOOT metarules, you can add a small table like this:

Mod Name

Bash Tag Update Required:

[Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central]

DELEV

[Faction Crossbows]

All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp need to be removed using Wrye Bash before merging this mod.

[You Hunger]

DELEV

[Dreadflopps Leveled Lists - SRLE Extended]

DELEV

RELEV

Set these bash tags in Wrye Bash when you create the Bashed Patch to all 3 esps in this archive.

Just for cross check at the end.

P.S. I couldn't post the table so I am attaching it like a image

I am actually not sure how to create tables on the wiki as i never done that before; and to be honest i don't have time to fiddle about with it either.

Edited by Darth_mathias

When I went through the guide I just used CTRL+F and for LOOT i searched "metadata" and for Wrye Bash I just searched "bash tag". Had no issues with finding things at all, I didn't feel like a table would be desirable. Maybe if anything a note right before merging mods (since in the case of Faction Crossbows bash tags need to be removed prior to merge) that reminds people to double check LOOT rules and bash tags with CTRL+F.

Hey there : i've installed everything and it's running quite smoothly for now. Some small tweaks and adjustments, but, holy sh... i'm really impressed about the amount of work you guys have provided to us. Really well done !

If i may, and i know Nozzer will enjoy it because it is in only one post :) here's a list about everything i've noticed during my installation, from typos, to installation files errors, or fomod installation lacking some infos. :

In Order :

Legend (at the beginning of the guide) : the BSA tag's description should read : "This tag represents mods that remain packed in their BSA."

Mod Installation : you should maybe write it like this as i find the explanations a little confusing : "This section is only for users that have already followed and installed the other guide from Neovalen Skyrim Revisited  : Legendary Edition and want to see how to integrate it with this guide. You will find the howto on this page : Integrating SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn With Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition"

The other line about the advice to test the guide after each section is quite hard to follow if you get far, because, sometime you don't know what to do for everything to launch at a particular stage. At the beginning there's not many mods, but at the middle it becomes a little bit tedious to know how to launch the game. So, i don't know what to say about it but maybe we should think about some part that may be easy to test and others that needs a little bit more explanations to actually do it ?

Bethesda Performance Texture (both "Animals and Creature" and "Armor - Clothes - Weapons": Mod Notes: This mod further optimizes lots of textures and makes the High Resolution DLC unnecessary.

Lock Overhaul : the Mod Notes could be "overhaul the lock system to add more options and make them overall more interesting"

Race Compatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)" should be replaced by : "Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):"

Undeath PatchesSmall typo in the description : OPTIONAL FILES - ...

Immersive College of Winterhold : the section about ELFX is already explained in the part where you actually can do this process, i.E during the ELFX post-installation, so maybe it's redundant here if you follow the guide. I, for example, been a little bit disturbed by that part and think that it should be removed here to gain some clarity.

Not so fast - Main Quest"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

The Notice Board"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

The Paarthurnax Dilemma"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start by Brynjolf"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

Timing is Everything"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

No Stretching"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

Barenziah's Glory : There is no Mod Notes, maybe add : "This mod replaces the stones and Crown of Barenziah with something worthy of an ancient treasure."

Gemling Queen Dragon Claws : There is no Mod Notes, maybe add : "This small mod is a replacer for the hideous gemstone dragon claws."

Realistic HD Food : There is no Mod Notes, maybe add : "This mod improves the models and textures of various foods and beverages."

Skyrim Landscape Overhaul : In the Fomod Description there's a typo : "Stone Texture -> Texture Options/Resolution => Texture Variant 1 - High"

Northfire's Photoreal Mountains : The warning about removing "Moss Rocks - Legendary.esp" from The Ruffled Feather Mod is useless because this file doesn't exist anymore (it's named "Moss Rocks.esp") and there's already a warning during the installation of The Ruffled Feather Mod to remove Moss Rocks.esp.

One Mountain - To Rule Them All : The Special Installation part should be : "Install the two main files separately, do not merge them."

Horses Revamped"Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):should be replaced by : "Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)"

NPC Retextures - Option 1 : Close to Vanilla : you should add a small warning like this at the beginning of the section : "This part is optional. Please, see the other section below and choose one of the two options. Do not install both !"

RS Children Overhaul : The filename in Optional Files has changed : RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp

RS Children - Cutting Room Floor Patch : There's no Mod Notes, maybe add : "This mod adds compatibility between RS Children and Cutting Room Floor."

Aetherial Crown : Small typo in the description in yellow text : ...(CCF Improved Artifacts Patch overwrites it).

aMidianBorn Book of Silence : The fomod description in Unique Items is missing the option for "Volendrung" : install it or not ? Same for The Dragonborn DLC part for "Acolyte Masks" : Install it or not ?

Better Circlets HQ : Small typo in the description in yellow text : ...Now uncheck everything except for textures/armor/circlets.

Improved Closefaced Helmets : Updates - Improved Closedfaced Helmets - PATCHES v1 file : there is a missing description and information in the Fomod about what to do in the second part "Dragon Priest Mask Options". The missing part is named "Additionnal Patches" (below "Select your dragon priest Mask texture") and the option is : "Konahriks Accoutrements - Retextured" do we install it or not ?

Rustic Forsworn : The name of the file in the Link description is wrong : RUSTIC CLOTHING -> RUSTIC FORSWORN

Winter is Coming - Cloaks"Special Installation : Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s)" should be replaced by : "Post Installation : Remove the following file(s) and/or folder(s):"

Faction Crossbows Leveled List Patch : The note about its inclusion in the "Weapons and Armors Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD" is disturbing. Actually there 's no reference in the guide itself but in the merging section, i.e another page. I think it should be removed or the description should be more clear about that. For me, i didn't know what to do : install it or not ? I really think that this info should be more clear or just removed.

Perseid's Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Basic - SRLE Extended LOTDSmall typo in the description in yellow text : ...RealisticRoomRental-Basic.esp - Load After...

Wrye Bash : in the description on how to create the Bashed Patch, you don't have to uncheck Skyrim.esm because it does not appear in the section "Import Names" anymore. You can remove that info.

...and i think that's all i have found for now ! I know that some of them are maybe just for visual convenience, but i hope that it will help a little this guide to become more clear.

Thanx again for such dedications !

Edited by pt1f4b
  • +1 3

I've just been fixing minor stuff as I make my way through the guide for my own install...figured I could save you folks some time. Hope you don't mind. :-)

I can take a look at the stuff pt1f4b mentioned a little later if you want.

no of course i don't mind if you're up for it your help would be appreciated as it would free Nozzer up to concentrate on other things. I have made a small start on the list. i'll be taking a stab at it tomorrow unless it get finished by then.

I just wanted to do a quick test after installing OneTweak (followed the prerequisites first) but it tells me I can't open the Skyrim (via MO => SKSE) as d3dx9_43.dll is missing.

I only did the preliminary ENB Manager steps (and as such there are no enblocal.ini files in the Skyrim folder). Can I only open the game after I've installed the ENB profile? or is something else wrong?

I don't want to add Johans idea as it will bloat the size of the guide and make it more verbose. It's too wordy as it is.

Not every mod needs mod notes, either. For the same reason.

Other than typo fixes (Cause I hate typos) I am going to leave it as is.

Edited by Nozzer66

Hey guys and gals, run into something i've never had before, but when i try and sort masters in xedit i get an error message "string list does not allow duplicates". Gone though the list of mods x20 times cannot find any problems..at lest that i can see...all merged esps moved into options folder as instructed. Unchecked all merges rerun xedit, same result. Checked in Wyre bash mods that are not green and tested them...checked for errors on all merges, cleaned them etc but still same result. As mentioned in all previous builds NEVER ENCOUNTERED this before. Does the brain trust have any ideas or pointers on what to do..OR is it back to the drawing board. Thank you in advanced

Berndaroy

Hey guys and gals, run into something i've never had before, but when i try and sort masters in xedit i get an error message "string list does not allow duplicates". Gone though the list of mods x20 times cannot find any problems..at lest that i can see...all merged esps moved into options folder as instructed. Unchecked all merges rerun xedit, same result. Checked in Wyre bash mods that are not green and tested them...checked for errors on all merges, cleaned them etc but still same result. As mentioned in all previous builds NEVER ENCOUNTERED this before. Does the brain trust have any ideas or pointers on what to do..OR is it back to the drawing board. Thank you in advanced

Berndaroy

I never seen this error as well. Sort master can create error in the plugin. You need to check error after sorting. If you find error, you should not sort it. I thought it was just a simple procedure, but it's not. This was pointed out several times by zilav on this forum and Reddit.