#6076 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted Today, 07:05 PM

pt1f4b:

For obvious reasons I'm not going to quote all of that magnum opus of yours. The forum may collapse if I use up that much CGI space again. :coffee:

The typo fixes are trivial and wont be an issue. 

I wasn't even aware someone had added the College of Winterhold fix part after ELFX. Whoever did that and didn't mention it will be getting a 'please explain' tap on the shoulder. Anyway it's fixed now.  :cool:

I'll have a look at some of the ones about fomod options, but I'm almost certain the one for Volendrung is missed out deliberately cause Volendrung is improved in the content addon part of aMidianborn.

With all the special installation versus after installation ones, I'd have to look but I'm certain some are done after installation cause they're packed in a BSA otherwise, and can only be done after installation.

My personal opinion on the Mod Notes is this: Ideally, I'd like to get rid of ALL of them and encourage modders to read the actual mod pages before rushing off to the files page, seeing what they do and being informed fully before clicking the install button. Most of what's in there is cause they were there in the Base SRLE guide. Essentially I'd like things to not be quite so wordy really. However, this is probably pie in the sky, too. People are more likely to rush and want to get things done quickly. This is understandable, of course. I'd actually be interested to find out who actually read them when installing anyway... I mean aside from yourself it seems.  :;):

The one I'm unsure about is the 'tedious' comment about running the game to test it. Not quite sure what's tedious about it. Are you implying that it's tedious to unclick anything that has an uninstalled dependency to run the game after each section or am I way off base? Unfortunately, there's no real other way to go about it...

And the Mod Installation part could probably be removed anyway. That is explained in the Prequisites page in any case.

#6077 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted Today, 09:29 PM

I noticed both "Better Males" and "UNP Blessed Body - UNPB Redux Project" is tagged as Optional and HQ. Shouldn't they be core? Whether you go with option 1 or 2, you need both. Also, mods in other sections of the guide marked as "Core" expect a UNPB body.

I changed these two mods in the wiki to be "Core" instead, but I can change it back if you want. As this is more than a little typo fix, I thought I would double check with you.

#6078 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Lord

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted Today, 09:47 PM

They're actually both files that should only get installed if you're using Option 2 of NPC retex. Option 1 it's all handled by Windsong's.

So yes, technically they're optional.

Edited by Nozzer66, Today, 09:49 PM.

#6079 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted Today, 10:10 PM

But for Windsong it says to download the "WSCO Occidental UNP and BetterMale Body v1".

Doesn't that imply that UNP and Better Males is required?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that it includes the needed files itself. I'll change it back to the way it was on the wiki.

Thanks, Nozzer!

Edit 2: Aaaaaand...reverted back to the way it was.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pack

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NordPride_WorldWide, jdsmith2816