SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

@Nozzer : i thank you for taking some time on my report, that was a huge one but i like to correct and improve things if i can, so.. For every parts i just tried to pull my vision of how i've handled the guide through my eyes. I'm not an experienced modder but as i have already install that kind of guides a couple of times, and i know that sometime it's not as simple as described, so, i tried to bring a little bit of clarity. 

I totally agree about your opinions on mod notes, although i do think that a small description isn't so out of place (well.. it's quite already done everywhere, so...  ::): ) I just showed the ones that were missing because they were already everywhere.

For the Fomod part, i've just show the ones where there were no explanation at all. I wrote about it because for the others, even if sometime you don't have to select anything, there's always at least a "none" option so, i thought i had to warn you about that.

And about the special installation vs after, i think i've seen it a couple of times, and sometimes the files that you have to delete are already unpacked, even if there's a bsa, like a *.txt or *.esp (they can already be deactivated during a manual installation). I know that it has been obvious during my installation, but maybe i'm wrong, and even if i was correct that is not a big deal, i just tried to be as precise as possible.

And finally for the "tedious" part about testing the game, it's just that i know it can be difficult to test "correctly" in the middle of an install. Maybe for big testers and experienced modders like you it may be obvious, but i do think it can be a little bit overwhelming when you have to "deactivate" this, bash that, beware about this or that.. I just tried to explain that it's really easy to get an error during that kind of tests, even if in the end you could have installed everything perfectly and the game would have launched without problems (and that was my case, everytime i installed those guides). I know i would, because i'm a noob, and don't want to pollute forums with stupids questions  ::P:

Anyway, i hope i have brought my part to get things a little bit clearer. My skyrim is running smoothly, so spending all thoses hours were worth it ! Thank you  :heart:

it actually needs to correspond to the same form ID as ELFX of the same name (can remember what that is thou). the Form ID maybe different as it depends of the location of ELFX in the Load Order.

basically It need to be same Form ID as ELFX's  CELL \ Block 4\ Sub-Block 5 \ 000CAB92 <WinterholdCollegeArchMageQuarters> \ Temporary\ XX03D42F <FarmInteriorLight01>.

so your Form id of would likely be something like 051670C3.

Thank you. it worked. 

In regards to NPC Retextures - Option 1 or Option 2:

Are there any screenshots so we can see the difference before choosing one over the other? I'm leaning towards Option 2, but if it turns out Skyrim has turned into a waifu/hentai simulator I don't want it.

Here you can see how they will look

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

In regards to NPC Retextures - Option 1 or Option 2:

Are there any screenshots so we can see the difference before choosing one over the other? I'm leaning towards Option 2, but if it turns out Skyrim has turned into a waifu/hentai simulator I don't want it.

Ron Hiler is also doing a play through https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaHO2M49jtr1kVAY1pOwe1SFKBIFei4zE his is an older version of the guide but the visuals haven't changed much since he started.

Dear NordPride_WorldWide thank you for the reply, i will look into that before tearing everything apart...that's why i love this forum together with Icecreamassassins post page. The community spirit and genuine help offered here by mod authors, pack authors and community is brilliant, their patience and help to everyone is just great. So to one and all THANK YOU

Berndaroy

I have a question... Why sometimes when a NPC talks to me, there is no audio? Is this the way it should be or do I have something wrong in my setup?

Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

By any chance does this happen when you talk to one of the companions if so ESF has sections where there is no Audio only subtitles that why you should of installed Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice and made sure subtitles are turned on.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I happens from time to time with random NPCs, like Aela the Hunter: 

https://youtu.be/StC-6nDpdTM?t=227

The companions have no problem at all.

Regards

That's fine this is because Enhanced Skyrim Faction adds unscripted stuff thus has no audio that why you have Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice to add Subtitles to those sections.

From ESF mod page:

The mod adds a substantial amount of silent (unvoiced) dialogue, so you will need both dialogue and general subtitles turned on (in the game's Settings > Display menu), or use SKSE and the Fuz Ro D'Oh plugin, which displays subtitles only for unvoiced dialogue.

Edited by Darth_mathias

A very big THANK YOU to NordPride_Worldwide, for your pointer that helped me find the culprit merge, fixed it and found i stupidly forgot to clean master, on conflict resolution esp, after i removed records of mods i'm not using from it. Now all is happy and now to complete the set-up

Berndaroy

In regards to NPC Retextures - Option 1 or Option 2:

Option 2's not wholly a waifu thing, but if you prefer a little more like the current vanilla look, but less blocky and more natural then I can recommend Option 1 and the Windsong mod. I have two profiles and run 1 of each, for testing purposes. 

I have a question about the Wrye Bash instructions for Faction Crossbows

Bash Tag Update Required:
All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp need to be removed using Wrye Bash before merging this mod.

The Bash Tags are in the Optional file and not the main file, so how would you remove the tags before merging?

Edit. Never mind. I don't know what I was thinking 

Edited by Razorsedge877