SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Should we also remove textures\actors\draugr\armor.dds? That is the other file from BPT Draugr Armor that is being overridden by Kajuan's Draugr.

Edit: And what about the associated normal maps (the "_n" files)? Kajuan's Draugr overrides the ones from BPT Animals and Creatures.

not really sure about the armor.dds

BPT Drauger doesn't contain a normal map file for the drauger female armour

The not using the SIC option goes way back to Neovalen's guide and it believe it's to save an esp slot cause the records are in the CR anyway. At least that's what I understand.

Actually that is what confused me...SR:LE base includes the SIC version. "Immersive Creatures-DG-DB" option. See here.

It is the same number of plugins. Instead of "dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp" you get "dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp".

Actually that is what confused me...SR:LE base includes the SIC version. "Immersive Creatures-DG-DB" option. See here.

It is the same number of plugins. Instead of "dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp" you get "dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp".

looking at it you are correct think Darth got it wrong in the change over SRLE Base does instead install the Immersive Creatures option from the Fomod.

There are only 2 files in BPT_Draugr_Armor being overwritten by Kajuan's DRAUGR mod. I decided to hide the female armor file from DRAUGR which is of lower quality imo but to keep the armor file from BPT. Not doing something like that makes BPT_Draugr_Armor redundant (its 2 files being overwritten by DRAUGR).

Alkira.

not really sure about the armor.dds

BPT Drauger doesn't contain a normal map file for the drauger female armour

Yeah, the normal maps for them are in BPT Animals and Creatures, not BPT Draugr.

What I meant was that shouldn't the styles match? So if we get rid of the main texture file in Kajuan's Draugr, shouldn't we also get rid of the associated normal map in Kajuan's Draugr? That way the texture will show up in-game like it was meant to?

And if we get rid of the female armor from Kajuan's Draugr, should we not get rid of the male armor as well? (I assume that is what the armor.dds file is.) Otherwise you would have Kajuan-style male armor and vanilla/Gamwich-style female armor.

Or just get rid of BPT Draugr Armor and let Kajuan's stuff do it all.

Anyway, I'm not trying to cause trouble. ;-)

I just really love the guide and appreciate all the effort you folks put into it. So if I spot something amiss, I want to fix it if I can. Or at least report it. Gives me a clear conscience, lol.

Yeah, the normal maps for them are in BPT Animals and Creatures, not BPT Draugr.

What I meant was that shouldn't the styles match? So if we get rid of the main texture file in Kajuan's Draugr, shouldn't we also get rid of the associated normal map in Kajuan's Draugr? That way the texture will show up in-game like it was meant to?

And if we get rid of the female armor from Kajuan's Draugr, should we not get rid of the male armor as well? (I assume that is what the armor.dds file is.) Otherwise you would have Kajuan-style male armor and vanilla/Gamwich-style female armor.

I just really love the guide and appreciate all the effort you folks put into it. So if I spot something amiss, I want to fix it if I can. Or at least report it. Gives me a clear conscience, lol.

think this one it best to be checked in game then report back as I am not sure. I haven't had a lot of time to boot up the game and actually compare the textures myself.

Hi good moorning. I finished install the guide, again (lost count), its great, the only thing, its that im seeing some plants with weird texture, they look like a pale grey, i have this reference: current cell From ID 000095f8

Reference ID 000EAC0, if need screenshot i will take it later. 

Was a question of taste to hide/remove the femalearmor.dds from Kajuan's DRAUGR mod and keep the armor from his mod. My idea was to keep the best textures from these two mods at first. I haven't seen much about the difference in style in-game.

Now I didn't think of the normal from BPT, I could have a look at it (with the normal and without) and report back as requested by Lexy below and let Nozzer decides what to do with it.

think this one it best to be checked in game then report back as I am not sure. I haven't had a lot of time to boot up the game and actually compare the textures myself.

I have only compared the conflicted files between BPT and Draugr (armor.dds and femalearmor.dds) using DDS viewer. Didn't think of removing the associated normalmap from BPT but Nebulous112 has a point here.

Alkira.

Edited by Alkira

Was a question of taste to hide/remove the femalearmor.dds from Kajuan's DRAUGR mod and keep the armor from his mod. My idea was to keep the best textures from these two mods at first. I haven't seen much about the difference in style in-game.

Now I didn't think of the normal from BPT, I could have a look at it (with the normal and without) and report back as requested by Lexy below and let Nozzer decides what to do with it.

I have only compared the conflicted files between BPT and Draugr (armor.dds and femalearmor.dds) using DDS viewer. Didn't think of removing the associated normalmap from BPT but Nebulous112 has a point here.

Alkira.

I have looked in game the difference is small and a matter of opinion (as everything is) but I decided to go with Gamwich Armor textures as most others are his too I have made the needed adjustment to to guide.

I have looked in game the difference is small and a matter of opinion (as everything is) but I decided to go with Gamwich Armor textures as most others are his too I have made the needed adjustment to to guide.

I like his textures as well :-), no problem. I am just a follower here :-) helping her and there.

Alkira.

Hi good moorning. I finished install the guide, again (lost count), its great, the only thing, its that im seeing some plants with weird texture, they look like a pale grey, i have this reference: current cell From ID 000095f8

Reference ID 000EAC0, if need screenshot i will take it later. 

Could please upload a screenshot of this so i can look into also please give the location so i can also have a look in game.

OK guys another area i think we might need to do a bit of testing and updating is the Bash Patch. The instructions are the same as SRLE Base thus does not take into account the updated merged features of Wyre Bash Also i remember reading somewhere Sheson said not to have the bash patch activated when creating Dyndolod so testing and recommendations are need here please.

Sure thing, Lexy. When I finish installing the guide I will definitely test out the bashed patch. I've been following the discussion on Wrye Bash development on the Bethsoft thread. A new v307 Beta 2 should be released soon-ish.

Any thoughts on the Heavy Armory - True Weapons optional file I mentioned earlier?