SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Why is the plugin list at modwat.ch so much different from what comes out of LOOT and all the personal rules? Some plugins are literally 100 positions further

LOOT is good for a first pass but you need to manually tweak things that is why we now also provide our most current MO Profile My SRLE Extended LOTD MO Profile (22-06-2017) on the Nexus page as well. I have also started dating it so you know when it was last updated so you should be able to grab that and install into the profiles folder with your MO.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Yes it true what Nozzer says cos My LO is different to what Darth has which is different to the one I uploaded to nexus so it nothing major to worry about but if you that concerned just use the profile we provide off nexus once you ave reached completion of the guide.

Talk about Load order I was checking out the offical STEP WIKI and I think we might need a new loot rule so The choice is yours loads after RDO?

okay I will try it thank you Minos. I actually figured out what was ******* up my lanterns and ****. Vividian ENB has an option, which is reccomended via the guide, that dims exterior light sources...turned that ****er off real quick. I will try your suggestion

It installed fine despite the fact that it is not a valid file structure?

May i ask what option that is?

Hey guys, this time I bring you a general question that some may find weird. Since my laptop monitor is natively very dark, I have to tweak the ENB settings a bit to make the game playable. However, there's one thing I've never been able to correct: some ground textures, mostly outdoors and mainly dirt (I can mention most of the forest dirt, the beach sand in the northern coast by the Sea of Ghosts and probably many others) simply don't reflect enough torch/lantern light to give a decent light radius around the character. Torches work beautifully indoors, sometimes even too bright, but are completely useless outdoors. Does this have anything to do with light rays being reflected by multiple surfaces indoors (like walls, collumns, floor, ceiling) and not outdoors, therefore "concentrating" more indoors? Could this be balanced by making the same light sources shine brighter outdoors than indoors (and how - xedit enough)? Is it the reflectiveness of the ground textures themselves that's insufficient (the ones I referred above ARE a very dark and unsaturated brown)?

Finally, an unrelated question. I know I'm not the first to mention the redness/yellowness of many artificial light sources in skyrim. Is there a way to change the white balance in order to completely remove the tint? Is it defined by the light source data (ELFX?), by ENB or does it come with the game itself? In my game with ENB + ELFX + ELE + RLS the whites and greys are simply orange when lit by a torch, candle or lantern. I wouldn't mind the flames being that color but the light itself being much more neutral. Perhaps with a little bit of warm tint, but much less than I have now. Nordic ruins become a yellowish realm of oblivion that gets really boring after some time (I also wish there were a "spice of life - nordic ruins" like there is for forts). The ratway and most underground structures - the same. Only the caves and mines are much more varied and less tiresome - in fact they're brilliant with the aMb textures. Magic light is slightly better but I actually think there is a bluish tint to those, making them too cold and not exactly neutral. Besides, the magic light source position above the head is a bit irritating to me, so I prefer to use torches/wearable lanterns.

Thanks for taking time to read these questions and kudos if you can point me towards a solution!

Hey guys, this time I bring you a general question that some may find weird. Since my laptop monitor is natively very dark, I have to tweak the ENB settings a bit to make the game playable. However, there's one thing I've never been able to correct: some ground textures, mostly outdoors and mainly dirt (I can mention most of the forest dirt, the beach sand in the northern coast by the Sea of Ghosts and probably many others) simply don't reflect enough torch/lantern light to give a decent light radius around the character. Torches work beautifully indoors, sometimes even too bright, but are completely useless outdoors. Does this have anything to do with light rays being reflected by multiple surfaces indoors (like walls, collumns, floor, ceiling) and not outdoors, therefore "concentrating" more indoors? Could this be balanced by making the same light sources shine brighter outdoors than indoors (and how - xedit enough)? Is it the reflectiveness of the ground textures themselves that's insufficient (the ones I referred above ARE a very dark and unsaturated brown)?

I have found this to be true for certain grass textures. Eldergleam Sanctury is a good example, because it's a cave covered with grass. The rocks and dirt textures are illuminated beautifully by all light sources, but the grass stays pitch black. Getting very close with a torch in hand + magelight barely makes them appear dark green-grey.

Someone asked me via PM why we waste an esp slot on the spinning skyrim emblem mod.

I answered them via PM but I'll mention it here as well. I like it because it's a quick way to see if things might be working OK. Cause it's probably the first mod you'll see in action, closely followed by any main font mod you're using, it's a nice quick check. Plus, hey I like it :)

If you think it's a bit of fluff, that's fine. :) Feel free to use that slot for something else. We just provide the guide. You guys can add and subtract as you see fit. It wont offend me or Lexy or Darth.

Now as far as I can tell, the new RDO version is pretty much plug and play except that it's not a two part mod any more. The Author's moved the patches file into the main installer. The choices for patches are all the same as on the guide at the moment.

The new RS Children doesn't look like it'll be much different either. I'm not seeing much to suggest existing patches wont already work. The merge will be a little different and the instructions will change some. But I've yet to check it in game for anything like gray face or so on. So with any luck at all, these two changes should be in this weekend.

Hey guy I have updated the Modwat.ch Profile and the MO Profile on Nexus this should help those of you the worry about Load Order.

Quick thing I noticed, on the Race Compatibility page we are told that the load order is Skyrim.esm

"The correct load order for playing with Better Vampires is:

Official DLC, including Dawnguard

Unofficial Patches (if you use them)

RaceCompatibility.esm

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp (only if you use the USKP/USLEEP)

Custom Races

Better Vampires esp"

I don't know if there is a reason that we are to change the load order or if it is simply an oversight.

Someone asked me via PM why we waste an esp slot on the spinning skyrim emblem mod.

I answered them via PM but I'll mention it here as well. I like it because it's a quick way to see if things might be working OK. Cause it's probably the first mod you'll see in action, closely followed by any main font mod you're using, it's a nice quick check. Plus, hey I like it :)

If you think it's a bit of fluff, that's fine. :) Feel free to use that slot for something else. We just provide the guide. You guys can add and subtract as you see fit. It wont offend me or Lexy or Darth.

well this One would say that the spinning skyrim emblem mod is just texture and meshes and doesn't contain an esp so isn't a waste of a esp slot  ::P: 

Quick thing I noticed, on the Race Compatibility page we are told that the load order is Skyrim.esm

"The correct load order for playing with Better Vampires is:

Official DLC, including Dawnguard

Unofficial Patches (if you use them)

RaceCompatibility.esm

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp (only if you use the USKP/USLEEP)

Custom Races

Better Vampires esp"

I don't know if there is a reason that we are to change the load order or if it is simply an oversight.

This is an oversight I did notice the conflicts in xedit a few days ago but forgot to add a loot rule to load Better Vampires esp after  RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp I have been a bit of scatter brain lately.

Also just so you know we're away for the weekend so once again I will leave in Nozzer's capable hands. Now off to see Wicked with Darth and then heading to his mum and dad's

• +1 1

well this One would say that the spinning skyrim emblem mod is just texture and meshes and doesn't contain an esp so isn't a waste of a esp slot  ::P:

This is an oversight I did notice the conflicts in xedit a few days ago but forgot to add a loot rule to load Better Vampires esp after  RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp I have been a bit of scatter brain lately.

Also just so you know we're away for the weekend so once again I will leave in Nozzer's capable hands. Now off to see Wicked with Darth and then heading to his mum and dad's

Have a good time :) See you guys soon.

Hmmm could have sworn it had an ESP... Ah well no biggie. :)

I'll sort that LOOT rule out.

Capable, me? Hah!