SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I'm sure I merged YOT and added it to bashed patch correctly yet I don't think it's working ingame, because for example ineed messages are in third person.

Any way to know if it's properly working ?

Ineed is not covered by yot, if you want 1st person messages in Ineed you can turn them on in Ineeds options. :) If you want to be absolutely certain that YoT is working and it does in this setup but just for peace of mind, open up your load order in xEdit and look at Miscellaneous merged and drop down the messages area, it will show you if YoT is working properly, if you added a mod that overwrites it you can patch it easily. 

• +1 1

Tried with the bound dagger

Just noticed my game is broken, I completely missed the companions vs giant event which didn't trigger the guard stopping you in front of whiterun.

Can I safely unlock the gate and keep up ? only the guard will be missing nothing else ?

Edited by Monobloc

alright thanks, will try that.

also are bent pines supposed to be in expended diversity.esp or not ?

I belive so you

I'm sure I merged YOT and added it to bashed patch correctly yet I don't think it's working ingame, because for example ineed messages are in third person.

Any way to know if it's properly working ?

Ineed is not covered by yot, if you want 1st person messages in Ineed you can turn them on in Ineeds options. :) If you want to be absolutely certain that YoT is working and it does in this setup but just for peace of mind, open up your load order in xEdit and look at Miscellaneous merged and drop down the messages area, it will show you if YoT is working properly, if you added a mod that overwrites it you can patch it easily. 

actaully there is a iNeed patch for YOT.

Tried with the bound dagger

Just noticed my game is broken, I completely missed the companions vs giant event which didn't trigger the guard stopping you in front of whiterun.

Can I safely unlock the gate and keep up ? only the guard will be missing nothing else ?

I would say no cos that might cause scripting issue later on. Try reloading a pervious save first.

Oh well, here goes a 5 hour rollback, because of a stupid event, linked to another meaningless one.

before you do that it would be good to know what start did you picked?

Cos if you didn't pick either camping in the wood or the Helgen vanillia start the doors in whiterun shouldn't be locked.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Started as a relic hunter, kept playing 'till i reached whiterun, but at the same time I had to update dyndolod so just next to me the giant event was processing and I didn't know.

Did my stuff, kept playing without noticing the giant's body on the ground for hours, went to helgen for the LOTD first quest, went back to whiterun to notice the left guard wasn't there and the door was locked

Started as a relic hunter, kept playing 'till i reached whiterun, but at the same time I had to update dyndolod so just next to me the giant event was processing and I didn't know.

Did my stuff, kept playing without noticing the giant's body on the ground for hours, went to helgen for the LOTD first quest, went back to whiterun to notice the left guard wasn't there and the door was locked

ahh i see so you have already progressed into the main quest which mean you must of boinked something when you updated DynDoLod so my only recommendation is to restart and since you have started playing i suggest no more updates.

I was in the same situation, in my playtrough as relic hunter.

Have you done the other part of the first LOTD quest, getting the dragonstone?

This started the main quest properly for me.

EDIT: Additionally, have you done all the Alternate Start stuff in Helgen?

Triggered both cave ins? Sent either the Stormcloak guy or Legion guy to Riverwood?

Edited by eimerian

Quick question on BSA extraction, I know I know not this again lol.  I think I may have misunderstood the instructions about setting BSA extractor to true or false in the plugins tab on MO.  Does that setting only control the dialog popup or does it control weather or no MO extracts a BSA?  Also if I check in the Archives tab, if a mod's BSA is there and checked does that mean it was not unpacked like parts of the guide asked for some mods such as "Cutting Room Floor"?

Quick question on BSA extraction, I know I know not this again lol.  I think I may have misunderstood the instructions about setting BSA extractor to true or false in the plugins tab on MO.  Does that setting only control the dialog popup or does it control weather or no MO extracts a BSA?  Also if I check in the Archives tab, if a mod's BSA is there and checked does that mean it was not unpacked like parts of the guide asked for some mods such as "Cutting Room Floor"?

Check the folder of the mod, if you are not sure. If a BSA is properly extracted MO will delete it and you will only see the extracted content as loose files.

If you see a BSA then generally speaking nothing was extracted from it.

This may get confusing when a mod has a BSA AND loose files, or if you install a mod twice, one time extracting it, second time not.

So in case of doubt delete that mod folder and install new :)

Basically if the BSA Extractor is set to TRUE it will extract the BSA if it is set to FALSE it won't. You will only get the dialogue aksing about BSA extraction once (the first time you extract a mod).

If the Mod has a BSA in the Archives tab in MO it means that it wasn't extracted.

The reason we ask to extract BSA's is because there are textures and meshes in some mods that we ask you remove but since they are are packed inside the BSA you can't. So it just easier in the long run to extract all BSA's unless we say otherwise.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

ahh i see so you have already progressed into the main quest which mean you must of boinked something when you updated DynDoLod so my only recommendation is to restart and since you have started playing i suggest no more updates.

I believe I updated dyndolod properly, I just didn't notice the event, it was night and i was wandering around the stables (went inside to update) the only reason it happened is because I needed to trigger aela's dialogue.

it's just poor beth coding, linking the guard's presence and dialogue event to the companions one against the giant.

Edited by Monobloc

Basically if the BSA Extractor is set to TRUE it will extract the BSA if it is set to FALSE it won't. You will only get the dialogue aksing about BSA extraction once (the first time you extract a mod).

If the Mod has a BSA in the Archives tab in MO it means that it wasn't extracted.

The reason we ask to extract BSA's is because there are textures and meshes in some mods that we ask you remove but since they are are packed inside the BSA you can't. So it just easier in the long run to extract all BSA's unless we say otherwise.

I see now. Thank you for the quick reply. I've learned so much from the various STEP mod packs And I love this guide.