SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Well I spent some time looking through weapons and I can find no issues with them. I mean the Draugr weapons are on par with the Orcish in some cases but so are a lot of others. In any case all of my weapons are using the values assigned by Weapons and Armor fixes remade, so I suppose they are intended that way. In all honestly I never end up using basic weapons anyway as they are seriously outclassed by most unique weapons. If they are much different, did you install another mod from outside the guide that might touch weapons?

Yes, I meant the Ancient Nord Weapons you can find at the very beginning of the game. Anyway I looked into the WAFR Spreedsheets and it shows these values as a reference (e.g. battleaxes):

BATTLEAXES:

Iron Battleaxe  dmg 17

Ancient Nord Battleaxe  dmg 18

Steel Battleaxe  dmg 18

Dwarven Battleaxe  dmg 22

Elven Battleaxe  dmg 20

Ancient Nord Honed Battleaxe  dmg 22

Orcish Battleaxe dmg 21

In my game an Ancient Nord Battleaxe has 32 dmg while an Orcish Battleaxe got 31 (I think higher values are due to wildcat, anwyay it's the hierarchy that matters).

It just seems weird that by lvl 2 you can easily have access to stronger weapons than the ones unlocked at higher lvls. Anyway it's not a destructive problem, I can just ignore it with ease :)

Edited by Faneros

Yes, I meant the Ancient Nord Weapons you can find at the very beginning of the game. Anyway I looked into the WAFR Spreedsheets and it shows these values as a reference (e.g. battleaxes):

BATTLEAXES:

Iron Battleaxe  dmg 17

Steel Battleaxe  dmg 18

Elven Battleaxe  dmg 20

Orcish Battleaxe dmg 21

In my game an Ancient Nord Battleaxe has 32 dmg while an Orcish Battleaxe got 31 (I think higher values are due to wildcat, anwyay it's the hierarchy that matters).

It just seems weird that by lvl 2 you can easily have access to stronger weapons than the ones unlocked at higher lvls. Anyway it's not a destructive problem, I can just ignore it with ease :)

I never really thought about that I don't normally use those weapons myself. If you think they are too high the base damage you can be easily reduced by editing the base damage of the weapons by changing the DATA - Game Data Damage values using xedit. 

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I never really thought about that I don't normally use those weapons myself. If you think they are too high the base damage you can be easily reduced by editing the base damage of the weapons by changing the DATA - Game Data Damage values using xedit. 

Ok, thank you, really! I've never tried to modify these values myself (as I said I'm no expert), any sugestion not to mess the whole profile up?

BATTLEAXES:

Iron Battleaxe  dmg 17

Steel Battleaxe  dmg 18

Elven Battleaxe  dmg 20

Orcish Battleaxe dmg 21

This is exactly what i was talking about weapon unbalancing using bashed patch only and no leveled list fixing. BP only merges all leveled lists into one big disfunctional family and thus having high dmg weaps at low levels.

This is exactly what i was talking about weapon unbalancing using bashed patch only and no leveled list fixing. BP only merges all leveled lists into one big disfunctional family and thus having high dmg weaps at low levels.

ok then paul how would you recommend going about fixing this issue?

Ok, thank you, really! I've never tried to modify these values myself (as I said I'm no expert), any sugestion not to mess the whole profile up?

Ok, I tried to edit some values with xEdit and I found out a weird error: the values were set correctly in the bashed patch but were messed up in the game. I had to re-edit them myself to their already right values in order to get them to work properly. Don't know exactly why but it seemed to work :)

I checked most of the other battleaxes to have a reference and they seem to work properly without any editing. Their hierarchy is on point, I only had a problem with ANord weaponry in general.

ok then paul how would you recommend going about fixing this issue?

First you need to know how lvled lists work.

For example you have an Iron Armor. If you look into the Leveled Item at the record for the Iron Armor you will notice many entries there with Level, Reference and Count. What we need to look at is the level and count. Level is the level that the player needs to have to be able to find these items ingame. And the Count works as a "chance" to to get the item.

So if you have for example you got an Iron Armor there with 2 entry with level 1 and count 1 than this means that when player is at lvl 1 has double the change to get an iron armor. Now this can get complicated more by adding more variants (these are seen in the reference) so if you got like 4 entries (4 different variants of the armor) with level 1 and count 1 this means that you got 25% chance to get at lvl 1 one of the armor variants.

If one of the entries has a sublist (this can be seen by ctrl clicking on the reference) this means that the chance for that particular entry is divided by the sublist contents. When you look further down you will see that high tier items have a higher Level. This means that only at that player level you will get the chance to have that item. So for example you have 3 entries with Iron Armor at level 1 and count 1 and 1 entry with Nord Plate and level 18 and count 1. So this means that when you reach lvl 18 you have 75% chance to get an iron armor ingame and only 25% chance to get a nord plate.

So all in all the leveled lists are all about the chance you can get a particular item and at what level.

So this is what you have to look at. What items and at what levels you can get them and what is the chance to have them.

Next you need to look at the items stats. Check if there aren't high powered items that can be obtained at low levels. If there are then you need to increase that item's Level in lvl lists or decrease its stats. That's up to you.

Hope i made myself understood... :D

Just so you all know I decided to start my Skyrim vacation and thus my break from guide maintenance a little earlier then I expected. Things have become a chore and stale again for me I need to defog my head for awhile. So with that said I will leave you in Nozzer hands.

or you can just leave :D

Because we can't fit in every single mod. That's why.

Thank for the response. I guess I'm just surprised that an installation guide geared towards Legacy doesn't include all the Legacy mods, particularly those that have a display in the museum when installed. Having said that I couldn't begin to imagine the amount of work that must have gone into creating a guide like this. I would think just changing one little thing could have repercussions on the rest of the load order and patches etc.

Thanks to the guide creator and those that support it - it's helped me out a lot

Thank for the response. I guess I'm just surprised that an installation guide geared towards Legacy doesn't include all the Legacy mods, particularly those that have a display in the museum when installed. Having said that I couldn't begin to imagine the amount of work that must have gone into creating a guide like this. I would think just changing one little thing could have repercussions on the rest of the load order and patches etc.

Thanks to the guide creator and those that support it - it's helped me out a lot

well I can tell you Darth created the Wiki almost 1 year ago but it was bulit upon his first SRLE Extended guide which started back in jan 2016 which ran until about of the same year. Darth Started the LOTD version in July but we had to stop for a bit when our twins girls were born back in August last year.

If we were to redo the guide scratch we would do things a bit differently. Darth myself are just your typical modders as we didn't always plan things through and read everything on a mod page so we just tend to muddle through lol

and the main reason we didn't include those mods you suggested is because when Darth first created the LOTD verison of his guide he missed them and now it might be a little difficult to shoehorn them in as we have tried our best to keep the VRAM cap below 4GB for those of our user base on Windows 10.

or you can just leave :D

We both know I can't do Paul :;): that's why I said it was a vacation and not retirement this time. I just need a bit of a break from Skyrim and guide maintenance bit bored with things that's all. however I will be hanging around and poking my head in every now and then. I will just leave the day to day stuff and guide maintenance to the Lord Nozzer and other like yourself (even thou you're on SSE now you still help out).

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Quagaarwarrior hi! i have those mods added on top of this guide except Dev Aveza(which is script heavy). So far encountered no problems, just because they not in the guide doesn't mean you can't use them in your game. I wanted the full museum experience in this play through. In regards to Dev Aveza, after completing the Moon path to Elyswar quest you will receive a balloon transport ship built into LOTD but stripped down in terms of scripts...static version i think it's called, with various transport links. If you use the full original version there is a patch to work with LOTD in fomod found on patch central (link: in sticky on LOTD web page). Any way all the best

Berndaroy