SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Bugger Bugger Bugger Bugger. OK Will have a look for a Companions Males mod and see what we find.

Not really in the mood to screw around with stuff now. This is a pain in the a***.

Yes, a mighty pain in the arse there were some mentioned ages ago can't remember what they were now and I think they only covered Farkas and Vilkas we need to find one that covers all the male Companions so answers on a postcard. The easiest thing to do is to just pull Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls issue an updated merge and CR and roll with what we got but as always ball is in your court what you chose to do is fine with me.

I know there's a couple of Farkas/Vilkas mods around. Not sure about anything that works for people like Skjor, Torvar etc. 

I'll have a look in the suggested mods document and look at a few I recall being suggested.

I'll drop a note in the guide about the mods disappearing when I get home tonight. And will get onto Nexus for some surfing.

Edited by Nozzer66

Hello, I have been working on my SRLE Extended build for the last couple of days. I have progressed to the point of the NPC Retextures - Option 2 Improved Looks only to discover that Mizzog has pulled his [Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls] mod. I was wondering if anyone could PM me a copy of it as google searches to find an alternate download source have been to no avail.

Zabbahead hi! in regards to pm you a copy of Mizzog's mod, i may be wrong here, BUT WITHOUT THE MOD AUTHORS PERMISSION, sharing mods this way is illegal. If it was allowed then we would not be looking for a replacement for it here...it would be falling into the area of piracy..as i understand it and as said i may be wrong

Berndaroy

Hello, I have been working on my SRLE Extended build for the last couple of days. I have progressed to the point of the NPC Retextures - Option 2 Improved Looks only to discover that Mizzog has pulled his [Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls] mod. I was wondering if anyone could PM me a copy of it as google searches to find an alternate download source have been to no avail.

Zabbahead hi! in regards to pm you a copy of Mizzog's mod, i may be wrong here, BUT WITHOUT THE MOD AUTHORS PERMISSION, sharing mods this way is illegal. If it was allowed then we would not be looking for a replacement for it here...it would be falling into the area of piracy..as i understand it and as said i may be wrong

Berndaroy

yes that would be piracy so we wont be sharing. Anyway did a quick google search and found 2 possible replacement mods for the male companions:

The Companions by Netherwalk by netherwalk - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/22524/? these can do Athis, Torvar, Skjor

Vilkas and Farkas by Netherwalk by netherwalk -  https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/21540/?

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I don't think this situation would classify as illegal. The files in question were available 2 days ago on the Nexus to anyone. I am not requesting nor endorsing distributing them to the public without the mod author's permission, I simply want to finish my SRLE Extended LOTD build. I can assure you I will not distribute the mod, I will simply install it to complete my build.

If there was a means for me to contact Mizzog directly through the Nexus, I would. I have searched for him/her as an author/uploader with no success. Additionally, there is no mod page available anymore which expressly forbids the distribution of his/her works in part or in full. There is nothing and no means of communication.

I am simply asking for one individual to help another individual.

yes that would be piracy so we wont be sharing. Anyway did a quick google search and found 2 possible replacement mods for the male companions:

The Companions by Netherwalk by netherwalk - https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/22524/? these can do Athis, Torvar, Skjor

Vilkas and Farkas by Netherwalk by netherwalk -  https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/21540/?

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem is I lack the skills and ability to complete my own conflict resolution patches. I could learn how to do it, but the time investment seems quite high and the learning curve steep.

Ah, I did find Mizzog using the Nexus forums messages. I had tried to search for him/her using the search function before. I will PM Mizzog regarding this matter.

I completely understand your stance regarding my request, I can see how sending me the mod could be perceived as a "slippery slope".  I do not agree with your stance, but I do understand it. Thank you for the replies nonetheless.

I'd bet you London to a brick if you googled Mizzog's mods you'd find them somewhere. That sort of thing happens quite often. Not saying I endorse it (Cause I don't.) but it does happen.

There's a possibility they MAY get resurrected via the Nexus's new idea of picking up abandoned mods and reposting them with the author's OK. Just that there'll be no support and they'll never get upgraded.

I am working on the replacements mentioned above and sorting things out. 

Unfortunately I'll be moving house the next couple of weekends so I cant say when I'll get things worked out, but it definitely wont be long.

Hi! I am at the ending stages of this great guide and have a question: do I need to go through the Conflict Resolution Subguide or is downloading the Conflict Resolution esp from your page enough?

just download the Conflict Resolution from the nexus Page. The CR subguide is massively out of date and willl at this point never be updated it remains there for legacy purposes only.