SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I was curious if there was a reason that I couldn't use the JK's major cities overhauls and the towns not touched by the guides? Can anyone see why there might be a conflict? 

I know I used them with LOTD in the past, but not with this STEP pack.

Thanks!

well the are 2 main reason we don't use JK's mods (or any major city overhauls for that matter).

1. FPS hit was too much for our liking.

2. compatiblity issue with ICAIO.

Thanks for the quick response! I am sad to loose JK's, but I read about the navmesh problems. I did find a mod called "Immersive Citizens Extended - Whiterun" that tones Jk's Whiterun way down and makes it compatible with IC. I am going to look for some other city upgrade mods that don't mess with IC. I hope the guy makes one compatible with Solitude, but that would be a lot of deletions I'm afraid.

Thanks for the quick response! I am sad to loose JK's, but I read about the navmesh problems. I did find a mod called "Immersive Citizens Extended - Whiterun" that tones Jk's Whiterun way down and makes it compatible with IC. I am going to look for some other city upgrade mods that don't mess with IC. I hope the guy makes one compatible with Solitude, but that would be a lot of deletions I'm afraid.

if you really want expanded towns a cities I suggest you take a look at REGS https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide which has started back up again you will have to do your patch for ELFX thou.

Jabrute hi! I've been using Dawn of Skyrim(original, .esp moved to optional folder) over written with JK cities light/superlite + others like better cities entrances etc with no problems, bar minor stutters in Whiterun i.e as Lexy says about FPS and surprisingly very little trouble with ICAIO...only time i had a problem was with the jarl steward following me to Breezehome, to deal with some dude squatting in my home. This is built upon this setup, but I've had to drop some mods (ordinator etc), to make room for these cities mods. Lexy has welted my curiosity again with REGS. I can't say about any of JK's town mods, i just use the light combined version of JK's cities. Hope this helps...

Berndaroy

Thanks much to both of you for the help. I used to use REGS, so I am familiar with it. I'll go check it out. I'll also try using Dawn of Skyrim with JK's Lite. I should have room for a few more ESP since i dropped out the bathing in Skyrim and a couple other things. Lastly, I am so impressed with the scope of this pack of mods. It took me a few days to get set up and I still am working on it. I can't imagine how much work it took to get all of those mods to work together. You guys are awesome!

Hey Jabrute,

I'm another that added Dawn of Skyrim and JK's Lite and have not had any issues so far. It is very VRAM heavy, as much as 6GB in some of the towns and cities, so if your using Windows 10 it's a no go with the VRAM limitations and DX9 causing huge FPS drops. I installed Windows 7 to run the game because of this, but, once you get round the memory limitations then it is fine and i find i am more CPU bound than anything now. I will say if you don't have a card with at least 6GB VRAM then don't bother because it will be pretty much unplayable.

Hey Jabrute,

I'm another that added Dawn of Skyrim and JK's Lite and have not had any issues so far. It is very VRAM heavy, as much as 6GB in some of the towns and cities, so if your using Windows 10 it's a no go with the VRAM limitations and DX9 causing huge FPS drops. I installed Windows 7 to run the game because of this, but, once you get round the memory limitations then it is fine and i find i am more CPU bound than anything now. I will say if you don't have a card with at least 6GB VRAM then don't bother because it will be pretty much unplayable.

this was also another reason my wife forgot to mention as to why Dawn of Skyrim and JK's wasn't used. Although I admit I have not tested the JK's lite or Superlite version also when I did test JK's and Dawn of Skyrim I was still using my GTX 670 so things might be very different for my setup now but at this stage we won't be changing anything this now.

Hey Jabrute,

I considered running windows 7, but I heard that they finally fixed the windows 10 4gb Vram issue. The fix is scheduled to be in the fall windows 10 update. Thanks for the feedback though. 

Something else that will make your game look amazing, if your machine can handle it, is to install "simply better trees" and then install "skyrim bigger trees" on top of it. Nice big realistic trees.

I considered running windows 7, but I heard that they finally fixed the windows 10 4gb Vram issue. The fix is scheduled to be in the fall windows 10 update. Thanks for the feedback though.

while I can't confirm this as we don't use Windows 10 I have heard the new 4gb upgrade does indeed fix the Vram Issue; it however breaks Mod Organizer. 

Something else that may need to be mentioned on the current guide. The V18 and V19 Merged Patches for LOTD do not contain the Vigilant patch so anyone who wants Vigilant support will need to add it themselves and merge it.

I didn't realize there was an LOTD patch for Vigilant I will try and get in touch with SirJesto and see if he can add it to the Merge patch he created.

this was also another reason my wife forgot to mention as to why Dawn of Skyrim and JK's wasn't used. Although I admit I have not tested the JK's lite or Superlite version also when I did test JK's and Dawn of Skyrim I was still using my GTX 670 so things might be very different for my setup now but at this stage we won't be changing anything this now.

Yeah a 670 certainly wouldn't have handled it well at all. ::):  I'm using a 980ti, which is probably the minimum i would want to run this setup with to be honest, and the 6GB VRAM is just about the right amount to stop the huge slowdowns i was experiencing with the Windows 10 limitation. I get drops down to about 30 FPS but i put that down to the extra NPC's that are around and the game only really using a single CPU core. One thing i should say is that i am using the ICAIO compatable version of JK's Whiterun and you need to delete the worldspace record for it from JK's cities lite esp and the Dawn of Skyrim esp, if you use it also, as per the REGS instructions. 

Something else that will make your game look amazing, if your machine can handle it, is to install "simply better trees" and then install "skyrim bigger trees" on top of it. Nice big realistic trees.

I personallly dual boot 7 and 10 just for Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV and Oblivion. I actually can't believe that they left the VRAM limitation with DX9 for more than a year. I may try those out if and when i reinstall the pack again but as it is i will leave that until there is enough updates to justify it. The game looks amazing as it is though and i thank the authors for the HUGE amount of work they have put in to make it as good as it is. It truly is amazing that so many mods can be made to work so well together.

while I can't confirm this as we don't use Windows 10 I have heard the new 4gb upgrade does indeed fix the Vram Issue; it however breaks Mod Organizer. 

I didn't realize there was an LOTD patch for Vigilant I will try and get in touch with SirJesto and see if he can add it to the Merge patch he created.

I guess if Mod organizer does break with the update then it's gonna be a case of Windows 7 for Skyrim or wait until the new Nexus Mod Manager is finished and hope that it has the same feature set. I for one have no problem running Windows 7, although it can be a pain to keep updated without getting all of the telemetry stuff that comes with a bunch of them, and actually feel that it is still a superior OS to 10.

Edited by Jim102929

I guess if Mod organizer does break with the update then it's gonna be a case of Windows 7 for Skyrim or wait until the new Nexus Mod Manager is finished and hope that it has the same feature set. I for one have no problem running Windows 7, although it can be a pain to keep updated without getting all of the telemetry stuff that comes with a bunch of them, and actually feel that it is still a superior OS to 10.

I'm not stressed so much about running Win7 just yet. Things are always broken in the Insider Builds that are usually fixed upon Public release. We'll just have to wait until the public release drops in a few months and if it still is an issue then maybe continue to Dual Boot Win7 for 32bit Bethesda games and Win10 for general use. On the plus side, if all is well I can stay on Win10 for everything.

Edited by Elektroshock

Hi everyone,

Just decided to get back to skyrim and discovered the STEP project... It looks awesome and makes me wanna play badly. However when i start the prerequisite, the download of the papyrus compiler patcher x64, the exe is always removed by norton because of trojan.gen.2 being apparently inside it. Apparently Norton updated this 2 days ago, don't know what i should do... can i still follow the guide with another around compiler patcher x64?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just decided to get back to skyrim and discovered the STEP project... It looks awesome and makes me wanna play badly. However when i start the prerequisite, the download of the papyrus compiler patcher x64, the exe is always removed by norton because of trojan.gen.2 being apparently inside it. Apparently Norton updated this 2 days ago, don't know what i should do... can i still follow the guide with another around compiler patcher x64?

Thanks

I would add the file to Norton's exemption list it's not a virus but the way it behaves Norton may think it is a virus. I would also add MO and SKSE to it's exemption list as well.

Edited by DarkladyLexy