SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Just dropping a quick note via phone. Been playing for over a month and got to level 80, most of the museum related quests are finished but i had a few bumps that i'd like to share as feedback. Should i post as a single message here or create separate posts in the bugs forum? Most common issue was certain quests not triggering, dialogs not available. As a short example in the civil war quest line i approached rikke and no dialog was available to begin the quest. Then after playing for an extensive period in solstheim or falskaar, the civil war quest caught up and rikke had the needed dialog lines. Happened in the pale and reach missions. Another one is the messages from the elf in the unearthed quest (dragonborn dlc) never reaching me (waited over 15 gsme days). But aureyn's always did.

I say put any issue you discovered on the bugs forum and Lexy and Nozzer will take a look when they can. However for Civil War i would say is likely to be ScripitLag.

Hello all, I've got kind of a strange CTD problem. I recently installed the guide and had no problems at all, playing for like 6 hours. When I use the carriage in Whiterun though, to travel to Solitude, I can look around for some brief seconds but then CTD. So I tried to tcl and tgm and fly manually to Solitude from Whiterun with 800 player speed, and no problem at all, everything loads normally and no CTD. Using the carriage to e.g. Markarth didn't cause any problems either. Any ideas what could be causing this, and more importantly how to fix it?

Interesting not heard that one. Is this CTD Repeatable as in does it happen everytime or is it Random?

So, finally finished installing the entire list, merging, cleaning up, and whatnot. Fired Skyrim up, and it went okay until I tried to leave the LAL cell. I've been using the Riverwood Inn start, and seem to keep crashing at random within the first fifteen minutes. The only differences between my install and the guide's is that I'm running V19.0.6 of LotD, the merged patch, and the standalone Vigilant patch (since it hasn't been included in the merged one, yet).

I do have Crash Fix's logs enabled, but can't seem to figure out how to read the error codes. If I'm guessing correctly, the first two numbers after "0x" point to your Mod Index, right? If so, Vigilant seems to be the culprit, even with the patch. :unsure:

These are the error codes, in order. 0x6C469C50, 0x6C462951, 0x6C469522, 0x6C469C50, 0x6C462951

Anyone else running into such problems?

Personally i would look more to Statues of Skyrim and the fact you need to rename for No Snow Under Roof compatibility that is normally the main cause for Crash fixes errors.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Interesting not heard that one. Is this CTD Repeatable as in does it happen everytime or is it Randon?

Tried it like 6 to 7 times and everytime CTD. I also tried coc to Solitude Stables, but if I leave the house I crash aswell, so i thought it would be my vram overloading, but then I don't get why it doesnt happen if I fly full speed across the map :confusion:

Personally i would look more to Statues of Skyrim and the fact you need to rename for No Snow Under Roof compatibility that is normally the main cause for Crash fixes errors.

How do you mean? Would Statues actually cause the game to crash, even though they're nowhere in sight? I'll play around with them a bit and see. If the Crash Fixes logs do address Mod Index the way I thought, the errors were pointing at Vigilant.

Tried it like 6 to 7 times and everytime CTD. I also tried coc to Solitude Stables, but if I leave the house I crash aswell, so i thought it would be my vram overloading, but then I don't get why it doesnt happen if I fly full speed across the map :confusion:

mmmm it could be a Vram issue does the CTD occur when you also just Fast Travel or only when you use the Cart?

How do you mean? Would Statues actually cause the game to crash, even though they're nowhere in sight? I'll play around with them a bit and see. If the Crash Fixes logs do address Mod Index the way I thought, the errors were pointing at Vigilant.

Well 9 times out of 10 when a user comes and say  Crash fixes error code .... it has been caused by users missing the double "s" from Statues of Skyrim folder name so that is always the mod I direct them double check.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Well 9 times out of 10 when a user comes and say  Crash fixes error code .... it has been caused by users missing the double "s" from Statues of Skyrim folder name so that is always the mod I direct them double check.

Gotcha. The double "s" were placed correctly, so this shouldn't be the case. Pretty sure I crossed all my tees and dotted all my eyes, but there's always that small chance. The Relinker version problem would only cause CTD's at start, and not at random points, minutes into a new game outside of the LAL cell, right?

Gotcha. The double "s" were placed correctly, so this shouldn't be the case. Pretty sure I crossed all my tees and dotted all my eyes, but there's always that small chance. The Relinker version problem would only cause CTD's at start, and not at random points, minutes into a new game outside of the LAL cell, right?

think so been a while since I actaully done anything related to Skyrim.

mmmm it could be a Vram issue does the CTD occur when you also just Fast Travel or only when you use the Cart?

Okay, tried to fast travel to several locations (Dragon Bridge, Katlas Farm, Solitude Sawmill) and tried to walk up to Solitude, and I keep crashing, so guess it's related to Vram or RAM in general. I have a gtx 970 and 8 gigs of ram running win 7, and when I crash I'm at around 3,6gb of vram and 7,6gb of ram. Im actually gonna get myself a gtx 1080 in the next few days and an extra of 8 gigs of ram anyway , so I'm gonna test again once i've set everything up and will report back here if it changed things. Thanks for the responses, and of course the guide in general, much appreciated!

Hey folks,

Not sure if I'm late to the party on this one or not, but seeing as I mostly hang out in this thread and don't get around too much to the others and thinking that others might be in the same boat as me, I thought I might point this out seeing as Mator's utility, MatorSmash, pops up every now and then in here:

>>  Mator's new work, zEdit  <<

I only stumbled across this because of a video on GamerPoet's YouTube channel!

Might be good to get word around in light of Mator whipping up something new for us and asking for our input.

So yeah, if you haven't already, pop along and fill in the survey for Mator.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Just dropping a quick note via phone. Been playing for over a month and got to level 80, most of the museum related quests are finished but i had a few bumps that i'd like to share as feedback. Should i post as a single message here or create separate posts in the bugs forum? Most common issue was certain quests not triggering, dialogs not available. As a short example in the civil war quest line i approached rikke and no dialog was available to begin the quest. Then after playing for an extensive period in solstheim or falskaar, the civil war quest caught up and rikke had the needed dialog lines. Happened in the pale and reach missions. Another one is the messages from the elf in the unearthed quest (dragonborn dlc) never reaching me (waited over 15 gsme days). But aureyn's always did.

Sounds like script lag to me.

So, finally finished installing the entire list, merging, cleaning up, and whatnot. Fired Skyrim up, and it went okay until I tried to leave the LAL cell. I've been using the Riverwood Inn start, and seem to keep crashing at random within the first fifteen minutes. The only differences between my install and the guide's is that I'm running V19.0.6 of LotD, the merged patch, and the standalone Vigilant patch (since it hasn't been included in the merged one, yet).

I do have Crash Fix's logs enabled, but can't seem to figure out how to read the error codes. If I'm guessing correctly, the first two numbers after "0x" point to your Mod Index, right? If so, Vigilant seems to be the culprit, even with the patch. :unsure:

These are the error codes, in order. 0x6C469C50, 0x6C462951, 0x6C469522, 0x6C469C50, 0x6C462951

Anyone else running into such problems?

What mod has index "6C" in your mod list. Ah VIGILANT, ok. That's where the issue almost surely is. I'd be looking for a missing mesh somewhere. I'd be thinking that has possibly something to do with patch compatibility.

Edited by Nozzer66

What mod has index "6C" in your mod list. Ah VIGILANT, ok. That's where the issue almost surely is. I'd be looking for a missing mesh somewhere. I'd be thinking that has possibly something to do with patch compatibility.

Thanks Nozzer. Good to know I'm on the right track. I'm not sure if missing meshes would be the issue, as the crashes have happened inside the Sleeping Giant Inn (Riverwood), bathing room, and around Alvor's workshop/patio. If there's still a possibility, how would I go about figuring it out?

Chop the 0x off the front of those ID's and type the remainder of them into xEdit. See what they produce. I'd take a punt they have some sort of error in them.  Likely looking for something that doesn't exist now with new versions etc.

Cant help much more till I get my home net access back and have a closer look. Someone should be able to give slightly more detail for you though.

Finally booted xEdit up. The FormIDs don't seem to exist, so I'm thinking something's calling for something in Vigilant that isn't there. Now, the questions are what and why? Especially considering the versions of everything except LOTD I have installed are consistent with the guide. I'm pretty stumped, as I don't know how to dig deeper. These particular crashes occur with, and without the Vigilant patch provided by LOTD Patch Central, though having the patch seems to prolong it.