SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Is the WIKI open for peer review? I'd seen a few minor mistakes and inconsistencies whilst running through the guide that I could update as I go through again. But definitely agree on leaving any Mod Version changes/updates and installation info to the Authors.

Yes the Wiki can actually be edited by anyone I am simpliy asking those users that wish to help us out in that way to limit it to spelling and grammar and leave any actaul mod version changes or updates to installation info to either Me, Lexy, or Nozzer.

For the Skytest Realistic Animals and Predators mod, do I delete the esp inside the main mod if I want to use the Skytest - No spawns (domestic version)? Or do I just install the domestic version after the main mod?

It is named the same so it doesn't matter as MO you overwrite it in the left pane anyway but for ease I would recommend you delete the orginal version and install  Skytest - No spawns (domestic version) as a seperate mod.

Thanks! Also, I'm sure this is a silly question to ask, but how exactly do I remove Bash tags from a mod before the merge step in the guide?  For example:

Bash Tag Update Required:

All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp need to be removed using Wrye Bash before merging this mod.

Please forgive my newbness

Thanks

Edited by bmccarti

So I'm getting near to completion of the guide.  I have followed it to a T. With the reputation the guide has for being very stable, what type of testing (if any) do I need to do before playing? And if testing is needed, how would one go about doing that? How do I identify problems? My system is extremely up to date, so hardware should not be a barrier. I haven't been able to find a great answer on a reliable method of testing a new game.  

Thanks again,

bmccarti

So I'm getting near to completion of the guide.  I have followed it to a T. With the reputation the guide has for being very stable, what type of testing (if any) do I need to do before playing? And if testing is needed, how would one go about doing that? How do I identify problems? My system is extremely up to date, so hardware should not be a barrier. I haven't been able to find a great answer on a reliable method of testing a new game.  

Thanks again,

bmccarti

Well they way I do it is I actually just do a speed run of the main quest I will grab a couple of followers both vanilla and modded play up until point where you have to hand in the dragonstone if you manage to get that far without noticing any major oddiets or CTD's you are good to go.

Hey guys just so you are all up to speed there is an issue with v19 of LOTD and Dyndolod which was reported here. I messaged the LOTD team and Icecreamassasin himself pretty much confirmed that the problem is to do with dyndolod config rules so it has been bumped it up to Sheson. So it is just a matter of time before Sheson fixes it. If you absolutely cannot wait my current recommendation is when you run dyndolod deactivate LOTD and all related patches in the right pane then Run Dyndolod once that has completed reactivate all LOTD mod you previously deactivated.

Also since we use a combination of loose and BSA MAKE SURE MO IS HANDLING BSA ARCHIVES is ticked (which it should be as default but doesn't hurt to double check).

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Lexy hi! I asked this question many months ago to which there was no reply. I read with Dyndolod ( on web page nexus), that when you generate both textures and .esp, to NOT HAVE MO HANDLE BSA TICKED, as mo sometimes blocks other tools from reading/searching for asset required when those tools are run. So i have always followed this advise and when Dyndolod is done re-tick the handle bsa box. Is this recommend practice here on SRLE Ext LOTD?

Best regards Berndaroy. PS if memory service me right it was in the video tutorial that this was mentioned.

Lexy hi! I asked this question many months ago to which there was no reply. I read with Dyndolod ( on web page nexus), that when you generate both textures and .esp, to NOT HAVE MO HANDLE BSA TICKED, as mo sometimes blocks other tools from reading/searching for asset required when those tools are run. So i have always followed this advise and when Dyndolod is done re-tick the handle bsa box. Is this recommend practice here on SRLE Ext LOTD?

Best regards Berndaroy. PS if memory service me right it was in the video tutorial that this was mentioned.

just rewatched that section of gamerpoets video and you are correct that just shows how much I don't pay attention really. I have always had it ticked all the time with no problems think it must be more advisory then a hard you must do this or else it won't work.

my best advise is to do what Michael says he works his butt off on all his tutorials and they are usual always correct (I use them myself when i am unsure of something or need a refresher).

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I'm such a pixel junky that I had to go back and run BethINI again and start with ultra settings! :P But I did cut back on my beloved flora. I still think the atmosphere of Skyrim Bigger Trees (not Simply Bigger Trees) is unbeatable, especially around Falkreath/Helgen/Riverwood and in the marshes. But I'm trying to go by the guide this time LOL that way if my fps drops I can pin the blame on you guys :P Nope, not with ultra settings.

Do you ever get an error when making the bashed patched thrown up for Skyrim bigger trees? I always show an error, but it doesnt seem to effect anything?