SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hello,

Have completed installing this fabulous Guide and started playing a new game. My question is: with the constant daily updates posted on Changelog and History, can you simply apply the changes and continue playing without starting a new game?

Is it necessary to re-run xEdit Scripts, ReLinker, Wrye Bash, FINIS, DynDOLOD, ASIS and DSR every time after making the updates?

When does starting a new game become necessary to avoid issues with mods and configurations changing? 

Thank you and keep up the great work! Much appreciated!  ::):

Interesting NPCs put out a hotfix "Interesting NPCs 3.4.1 Hotfix Only Must Download 3.4 first" on their page to fix a few issues related to the latest update.  Just a heads-up.

ok i'll sort that out tomorrow.

Hello,

Have completed installing this fabulous Guide and started playing a new game. My question is: with the constant daily updates posted on Changelog and History, can you simply apply the changes and continue playing without starting a new game?

Is it necessary to re-run xEdit Scripts, ReLinker, Wrye Bash, FINIS, DynDOLOD, ASIS and DSR every time after making the updates?

When does starting a new game become necessary to avoid issues with mods and configurations changing? 

Thank you and keep up the great work! Much appreciated!  ::):

don't know how many times i have said this but i will keep beating people over the head until this gets through.

WHEN YOU HAVE STARTED AN ACTUAL GAME (ie not just testing) STOP MODDING; STOP UPDATING; DON'T DO ANYTHING JUST PLAY TO GAME.

Lexy hi! Just a small pointer...on your Wrye Bash idiot check, LOTD Patch needs invent tag to stay consistent with guide

ok noted for tomorrow

Aegon18 hi! As Lexy has said, if you have started a game don't start changing things. The NO1 rule of modding is to never remove mods when playing mid game. There are exceptions i.e LOTD that has upgrades will have very clear instructions on what scripts need to be removed from your save..providing you know what you are doing and are confident to do so. Texture mods and only textures can be changed. It may seem as through you have got away with it updating etc, but somewhere along the line it will catch up. Here is what you need to know and understand...Skyrim bakes information into your save and every time you start the game the engine is seeking that information. It start from the time you first press the button to start a new game. All mods you have are "Baked" into the save, and changing, upgrading that removes info causes the game to seek out the removed info which eventually leads to ctd because it cannot find it. This is my understanding and others may have more info...but safe to say..IF YOU HAVE STARTED A GAME CONTINUE OR UPDATE AND START A NEW GAME

• +1 1

Thank you Lexy, you have confirmed what I've been doing for a while; test thoroughly then disengage and enjoy playing until ready for a new overhaul!

Was really just wondering when testing and making the daily updates, do you recommend re-running the xEdit Scripts, ReLinker, Wrye Bash, FINIS, DynDOLODASIS and DSR every time for consistency or not necessary unless adding or removing a mod or making major changes? Thanks.

Thanks berndaroy! Both you and Lexy confirm what I practice; just getting a sanity check from the experts! Cheers!

Thank you Lexy, you have confirmed what I've been doing for a while; test thoroughly then disengage and enjoy playing until ready for a new overhaul!

Was really just wondering when testing and making the daily updates, do you recommend re-running the xEdit Scripts, ReLinker, Wrye Bash, FINIS, DynDOLODASIS and DSR every time for consistency or not necessary unless adding or removing a mod or making major changes? Thanks.

Thanks berndaroy! Both you and Lexy confirm what I practice; just getting a sanity check from the experts! Cheers!

Sorry my first reply might of come off a bit bitchy there the kids have been screaming in my ear all day.

If you are still testing you don't necessarily have to redo xEdit Scripts, ReLinker, FINIS or DynDOLOD,. Normally what I do is only rerun Wrye Bash, ASIS and DSR but only if I have changed a TAG for instants also If Dyndolod has updated i might run it just to make sure it doesn't throw wobbley. But when I am ready to actually start playing I will delete and rerun everything just so that everything is clean and fresh for that playthrough.

No worries Lexy! Take comfort that my kids are in their early twenties and still whine in my ear. Perfect, your suggestions are in-line with how I go about things. BTW, as I am testing this overhaul for 2 months now, the performance, stability, visuals and gameplay are superb. Best Skyrim overhaul I've experienced in years of modding with STEP, SRLE and others. Beautiful end result.

All I can say is what Lexy said. Pick a version of the guide at a certain time and build to that. 

Don't bother updating UNLESS it's a hotfix like the Interesting NPCs one is cause they are usually vital to stop mistakes or CTD snafus. Or it's a no esp mod, like textures etc. You should be safe then.

• +1 1

For Northgirl Armor, the instructions say that, unlike most optionals, to merge them together using MO. What about the additional file from off Nexus?  Does that one get merged in too or keep it separate - the one to use slot 55?

Also, Bandoliers use slot 55 so the off-Nexus file might conflict, no?

Edited by Minoke

I have a question, when I add an interesting NPC as my follower and then put stuff into their inventory, Dynamic things asks every time if I want to make it safe storage. I've said yes, and then a few saves later all the items are gone. Is this typical behaviour of this mod? Should I be selecting some other option? Is there a way to turn off that setting for followers?

For Northgirl Armor, the instructions say that, unlike most optionals, to merge them together using MO. What about the additional file from off Nexus?  Does that one get merged in too or keep it separate - the one to use slot 55?

Also, Bandoliers use slot 55 so the off-Nexus file might conflict, no?

Yes merge the updated meshes in MO with the rest of Northgirl. otherwise it wont end up in the Weapons & Armors Merged wehmn you do that using Mereg Plugins and thus will be overwritten.

yes some bags from Bandoliers may conflict with the leg strap all it will mean is your character wont use it. But since the Leg strap is merely decorative i don't see it a big deal.

I have a question, when I add an interesting NPC as my follower and then put stuff into their inventory, Dynamic things asks every time if I want to make it safe storage. I've said yes, and then a few saves later all the items are gone. Is this typical behaviour of this mod? Should I be selecting some other option? Is there a way to turn off that setting for followers?

I don't know for followers I have always said to "Ignore" when that comes up.

Dynamic things asks every time if I want to make it safe storage:

I found this interfered with safe houses chests etc which are by default safe..hence why you can store stuff in. I just open MCM menu and deactivate safe storage option

Edited by berndaroy