SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

@Darkladylexy : if you test combat mod, you can give a chance to the couple wildcat + vigor, properly configured, it is my preferred setup. (I tested WC + Deadly Combat, WC + Ultimate Combat 3 too).

My preferred setup for combat actually is :

Wildcat

Vigor

Athletik combat

Mortal Enemies

Wounds (I disable wounds from other mod, it is a very interesting way to manage wounds and it is very light).

I'm looking at wounds mod for a while but never actually test it. Is it good?

Another question does the fps reader in enb can be trusted? I just upgraded from my 750ti to 1070ti which is a big improvement for me but the fps from enb reading I only have 50 fps just by looking at the torch in ASLAL starting room while other place I can get more to that.

Need tips about this since this is my first time using a high end gpu on oldrim. Anything I should tweak? I tested using high quality preset on vividian enb. While at exterior I'm getting 55 with some occasion dips down to 40. While at whiterun with JK lite and Dawn of Skyrim from JK lite I'm getting 30 - 40. Normal?

I haven't change my load order at all since 750ti only the enb preset that I've changed. So vram shouldn't be an issue. SPM reports my vram is around 2,5gb.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

About your fps: Except if it displays abnormal value (like 570 fps), you can trust it.

Sadly it is normal, Classical Skyrim doesn't use advanced features from high-end GPU, you gain some fps but not a lot.

It is merely due to the fact that skyrim engine is designed for console. Due to the way it was ported to window the engine is very CPU dependent.

For example, I gained more fps when i overclocked my CPU to 4.5 (3.4) than I switched from my GTX970 to a 1080ti.

With my configuration i only got 5 fps more than you (with JK lite + dawn of skyrim) ^^.

Beside that, script engine can make your fps fluctuates (due to same reason as above), especially in cities, I lose some fps when I activate frostfall and wet and cold.

About Wounds : I really like it.

I like how wounds have consequence overtime, to heal vigor or wildcat injuries, you only need to take a health potion, for this one, not, you need to take care of yourself over the time.

I like the fact that you have many degree of injuries, simple cut to broken bones.

It makes you more hesitant to fight a troll if you can avoid it which seems logical for me, who wants to fight for nothing with a beast two times bigger than a human ?

Even in combat, as you can be wounded even when you block (due to the force of the impact), it motivates you to dodge or to do perfect time-block.

Other things, as your cut can be infected, you must take care of your disease resistance (nice with Bathing in Skyrim or Simple bathing).

At last, it force me to make pause to rest (i use diseased too), during this, i craft my equipment or learn things (that's why i love unpaused game + time flies), it makes gameplay rhythm more natural for me.

Edited by memnochs

@Darkladylexy : if you test combat mod, you can give a chance to the couple wildcat + vigor, properly configured, it is my preferred setup. (I tested WC + Deadly Combat, WC + Ultimate Combat 3 too).

My preferred setup for combat actually is :

Wildcat

Vigor

Athletik combat

Mortal Enemies

Wounds (I disable wounds from other mod, it is a very interesting way to manage wounds and it is very light).

looks an interesting combination Wounds in particular looks very interesting I might give it a go. I took a very quick look at mortal enemies looks like it will require a of bit of CR work thou but since it was on my test list I might as well try it out.

You also use both Wildcat and Vigor can I ask why don't they basically do the same thing? I was using Vigor before Wildcat came out but decided to switch.

About your fps: Except if it displays abnormal value (like 570 fps), you can trust it.

Sadly it is normal, Classical Skyrim doesn't use advanced features from high-end GPU, you gain some fps but not a lot.

It is merely due to the fact that skyrim engine is designed for console. Due to the way it was ported to window the engine is very CPU dependent.

For example, I gained more fps when i overclocked my CPU to 4.5 (3.4) than I switched from my GTX970 to a 1080ti.

With my configuration i only got 5 fps more than you (with JK lite + dawn of skyrim) ^^.

Beside that, script engine can make your fps fluctuates (due to same reason as above), especially in cities, I lose some fps when I activate frostfall and wet and cold.

About Wounds : I really like it.

I like how wounds have consequence overtime, to heal vigor or wildcat injuries, you only need to take a health potion, for this one, not, you need to take care of yourself over the time.

I like the fact that you have many degree of injuries, simple cut to broken bones.

It makes you more hesitant to fight a troll if you can avoid it which seems logical for me, who wants to fight for nothing with a beast two times bigger than a human ?

Even in combat, as you can be wounded even when you block (due to the force of the impact), it motivates you to dodge or to do perfect time-block.

Other things, as your cut can be infected, you must take care of your disease resistance (nice with Bathing in Skyrim or Simple bathing).

At last, it force me to make pause to rest (i use diseased too), during this, i craft my equipment or learn things (that's why i love unpaused game + time flies), it makes gameplay rhythm more natural for me.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, so it is downed to cpu I guess. Oh well at least I can maintain 30+ fps rather than 25 - 30 fps on my old gpu.

Looks very interesting on Wounds, I have to try that immediately. Since you mentioned testing WC+Deadly Combat+Ultimate Combat. What do you think about Deadly Combat? Is Vigor more preferable than Deadly Combat?

I'm using Ultimate Combat now because the enemies can dodge. idk if with other mods they can because when I use WC+Mortal Enemies+Vigor+Athletik Combat the enemies didn't dodge as much (or maybe didn't dodge at all? CMIIW) as when I'm using Ultimate Combat. So I'm thinking to have WC+Vigor+UC+Mortal Enemies+Athletik Combat all together but with UC only for the dodge and the weapon swing effect.

Also I'm thinking to only use the AI from wildcat while the other stuff is from Vigor, read that somewhere and the user said it's better since wildcat kind of forgiving in terms of timed block and injuries (I was loving the old injuries from wildcat though a lot more variety, sorry enai your mod still great!)

Edited by reddvilzz

Some features from wildcat and vigor could overlap but the can be disabled.

Vigor brings a better management of the stamina, I love the way how it handles blocked damage, Stamina is impacted until it is reduced to 0 after that you begin to lose life.

Along this, it fixes the reach of enemies and weapons, give fake potion to NPCs which makes combat more interesting (ASIS can distribute potion but NPCs only use health and stamina).

It adds a very light parrying system (I finally removed dual parrying mod because of this) and adds dodge actions to enemies.

About Deadly Combat : It is a good mod, I like the ward features, but i prefers the feeling of AI enhancement made by Vigor, it is difficult to explain for me :/ (I lack of vocabulary). I prefer Vigor's poise system to manage stagger instead of DC way.

I use better ward, not exactly the same but it is... better ^^. I found an interesting mod I use along which adds spellbreaker to standard shield (in an immersive way).

About the shorter windows of DD, I copy paste Enai answer which explain why I prefer to keep wildcat timed blocking (it is about UC but it is right about DD) :

The 1 second window is because any duration that isn't a multiple of 1 second requires scripting, meaning if you are playing with high script load, the duration goes up. This is ugly. Ultimate Combat is a very script heavy mod and doesn't really care, but the whole point of Wildcat is to be script light.

Also, raising a shield takes time. If the script fires when you start the animation, it will wear off before you actually have the shield up. Alternatively, it doesn't use a script but is condition based, which has up to 1 second of lag before it kicks in. The 1 second duration takes into account the raise-shield animation.

I try to be conservative with this poor papyrus engine, so I prefer to avoid a script for something which I qualify to be optional ;)

About Mortal, it is relatively easy to forward change to your CR, only a little bit boring, sadly, I forward them in my own manual patch which needs my mods to be used, I can send it to you but I thought it is useless :/ ^^

Looks like the configuration I was speaking of is on the SE page.. I think they're still fully relevant for classic.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8850/? I'ts under 8. Recommended Mods - Wildcat

I haven't used Ultimate Combat so I can't speak of the differences there.. But a couple things I really like from Deadly Combat are timed warding (like timed blocking but harder due to the delay on wards.. successes reflect spell projectiles) and ability to use a ward like a shield to block physical attacks/train blocking/etc.

The one thing the page doesn't say is, should I load wildcat before or after deadly combat?

EDIT: NVM, Wildcat page says it doesnt matter...

Edited by NordPride_WorldWide

@DarkladyLexy: I only forward strike/attack angle and angular acceleration and keep all changes from AAE. I'm not sure is that what you asked.

You can sue the patch for SKytest, it is not totally update (unresolved errors) but most of the record are still good and errors can be easily fixed.

Edited by memnochs

@DarkladyLexy: I only forward strike/attack angle and angular acceleration and keep all changes from AAE. I'm not sure is that what you asked.

You can sue the patch for SKytest, it is not totally update (unresolved errors) but most of the record are still good and errors can be easily fixed.

ok thank I'll have a think about it i might swap Dual Parry for Vigor thou cos i don't even use Dual Parry so it's really a bit of a wasted esp slot for me lol. vigor Might add a bit more fun to combat. Might need to look at the CACO Patches there one for vigor i recall. Also is there not a Vigor Campfire Patch somewhere?

Edit: Never mind I have found the Vigor CACO Patch

The one thing the page doesn't say is, should I load wildcat before or after deadly combat?

EDIT: NVM, Wildcat page says it doesnt matter...

Totally doesn't matter since guie uses AAE which has to load after both and wins all of those conflicts anyways.

ok so looking at Mortal enemies i can ask those of you that use how did you work out the conflicts with AAE? was as simple as letting Mortal enemies win over AAE and forwarding keywords and things into the CR?

Yes, let AAE win the bits it changes and take mortal enemy values for attack angle and such.

Totally doesn't matter since guie uses AAE which has to load after both and wins all of those conflicts anyways.

Yes, let AAE win the bits it changes and take mortal enemy values for attack angle and such.

So I installed mortal enemies and both SIC patches, deadly combat and it's ordinator patch, athletik combat, and realistic melee range. But I kept ultimate combat because I like all the new attacks it brings, and allowed deadly combat to overwrite it. Sorted all the conflicts in the CR. Made sure to adjust wildcat according to the DC page. everything seems to play nicely together, though I can't really comment on athletik combat seeing as I'm second from the top rank of better vampires scale and my movement speed is bordering ridiculous. One thing I question, the DC page doesn't specify if we are supposed to check "allow wildcat to manage difficulty" or not, so I left it unchecked. After some playtime like this I did decided to check "hardcore damage" in ultimate combat, and that really brought the whole thing together. Now taking a mace to the skull actually reflects taking a friggin mace to the skull, and every hit counts. Also of note, using the improved asis files, I followed the wildcat instructions to exclude it, and placed imperious into the block list as well, and instead of only using the enchant fix I use the increased spawn, auto perks, auto spells, and npc potions , while using the increased spawn values on the improved asis. INI files page. Though those might need some tweaking, I think it might be a tad too much, entered a cave and ended up having to fight Damn close to a dozen bears.

All in all I'm having the most fun I've ever had combat wise with this game.

So I installed mortal enemies and both SIC patches, deadly combat and it's ordinator patch, athletik combat, and realistic melee range. But I kept ultimate combat because I like all the new attacks it brings, and allowed deadly combat to overwrite it. Sorted all the conflicts in the CR. Made sure to adjust wildcat according to the DC page. everything seems to play nicely together, though I can't really comment on athletik combat seeing as I'm second from the top rank of better vampires scale and my movement speed is bordering ridiculous. One thing I question, the DC page doesn't specify if we are supposed to check "allow wildcat to manage difficulty" or not, so I left it unchecked. After some playtime like this I did decided to check "hardcore damage" in ultimate combat, and that really brought the whole thing together. Now taking a mace to the skull actually reflects taking a friggin mace to the skull, and every hit counts. Also of note, using the improved asis files, I followed the wildcat instructions to exclude it, and placed imperious into the block list as well, and instead of only using the enchant fix I use the increased spawn, auto perks, auto spells, and npc potions , while using the increased spawn values on the improved asis. INI files page. Though those might need some tweaking, I think it might be a tad too much, entered a cave and ended up having to fight Damn close to a dozen bears.

All in all I'm having the most fun I've ever had combat wise with this game.

Interesting, might have to test the combination out.

Anyone ever test using WC + DC + UC + Mortal + Athletik + Wounds all at once? Ofc disabling the overlaping features and just use the one you prefer. I'm seeing that every mods have their "power" in their certain features compared to others.