SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

7a75b74c36.bmp

When I load a game, my controls are disabled. I put enableplayercontrols in console which allows me to move, but this is what my my character looks like, he just glides around. I redid FNIS, but nothing changed, any ideas?

I was having this issue before, not sure what I did to fixed it. Too much fixing involved from there to now. It's not FNIS definitely.

Raw guess, have you tried to load the previous save before you select the vanilla start? And reselect it?

If I remember correctly you'll be able to move when you're in Helgen Keep until you're hands is unbind. I think this is mostly the third person camera mods that cause it, because you're not supposed to see your character not until your hands is unbind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by reddvilzz

OK so I have played a bit with Moonlight Tales Special Edition and I agree with JD the updated Perks and Roar system alone make it worth adding it is just a shame it doesn't come with an MCM but hey ho. The good thing both Moonlight tales Special Edition and Moonlight Tales Essential actually complement each quite nicely what one mod is lacking the other picks up the slack.

I forgot to mention that perks i had already spent were refunded so can be added to a game in progress (even thou we recommend not doing that but hey I break of own rules too ^_^ ).

It looks like the the mod form memnochs wont need updating if we add MTSE as well but he will need to confirm (I will test it onthe first transformation cause that where i can guarantee the bug to happen).

@geeee785 : I faced this problem a very longtime ago too, if i remember well, everything is fine if you save after your entrance in Helgen keep. Game should block you to use the third person view before that. Sometimes it seems you can after a reload but it induces this problem. I don't know why this bug appears sometimes, I'm not even sure it is the problem you faced.

Edited by memnochs
Also about RRR Enhanced Edition, anyone ever add it to this guide?

Reddvilzz Hi! If i remember correctly the reason this isn't used is because of conflict with LOTD.....Nightgate Inn in specific, caused problems for the Ongar's Kegbreaker Quest, the chest with relic item and DB Orc...again if memory serves me correct, something with layout, navmesh etc due to RRR Enhanced. This was flagged by the LOTD team at the early stages of this  guide being made

It looks like the the mod form memnochs wont need updating if we add MTSE as well but he will need to confirm (I will test it onthe first transformation cause that where i can guarantee the bug to happen).

No need updating, MTSE doesn't include nor the auto-equip feature nor the item i remove, so it is still usable and useful when you face the bug.

Edited by memnochs

No need updating, MTSE doesn't include nor the auto-equip feature nor the item i remove, so it is still usable and useful when you face the bug.

Yes i have tested and confirmed that on my own for my own sanity. The Only time some far i have face the bug is during that first transformation so i still reckon it is do with the scripts from that bit.

Yes what I do is reinstall the mod, then delete the old merge and then rebuild it from scratch. This is the main reasons we recommend having separate profile for each merge so it is easier when mods get updated and merges have to be rebuilt :;):.

How does that make it easier?

How does that make it easier?

You create a separate profile for each merge which has the merged mods enabled, so you can switch back to that profile from your main profile (which only has the merged mod active) to easily re-enable all the individual mods.  The "merge" profile can also have the plugin order set correctly for the merge, with all the individual mods in order at the bottom.  Since you won't be playing with that profile it doesn't need to be in correct "playing order."

So your main profile, the one you play from, has all the individual mods that were merged disabled, and has the load order correct.  The individual profiles are only used to rebuild the merge - for example, your "Animals Merge" profile has the Skytest, NARC, etc. mods enabled, and in the right order at the bottom of the plugin pane.  You switch to that profile, run Merge Plugins,  rebuild merge, then when you switch back to your main profile the merged mod is updated but the plugin order is unchanged and all the individual mods are still inactive.

Edited by Eudeyrn

4.DynDOLOD: This will only need to be executed again if object textures are changed.Perform the following to execute TexGen.exe:

I'm curious if you know whether the steps I list below are still needed when rebuilding the DynDOLOD esp?  I have noticed that if I skip that step my save file immediately increases in size after rebuilding, which makes me think duplicate scripts are getting added to the save.

Here is the process that is recommended in GamerPoets' video and in the DynDOLOD FAQ:

1. Go to an external cell, open the MCM menu and disable DynDOLOD

2. Go to an internal cell and make a fresh save

3. Exit the game, remove DynDOLOD from your load order

4. Start the game and load the latest save, ignoring the warning about missing content

5. Wait 10 days in the internal cell and make another fresh save

6. Exit the game, update DynDOLOD and re-enable

Needless to say this is pretty time-consuming, but I do them just to "feel" safer ... anytime you make mod changes in the middle of a playthrough you're playing a bit of Russian Roulette.   That said, I don't see those steps anywhere in the guide (or in Neovalen's original guide) so I'm curious if it's really needed anymore or just a placebo.

Edited by Eudeyrn

I'm curious if you know whether the steps I list below are still needed when rebuilding the DynDOLOD esp?  I have noticed that if I skip that step my save file immediately increases in size after rebuilding, which makes me think duplicate scripts are getting added to the save.

Here is the process that is recommended in GamerPoets' video and in the DynDOLOD FAQ:

1. Go to an external cell, open the MCM menu and disable DynDOLOD

2. Go to an internal cell and make a fresh save

3. Exit the game, remove DynDOLOD from your load order

4. Start the game and load the latest save, ignoring the warning about missing content

5. Wait 10 days in the internal cell and make another fresh save

6. Exit the game, update DynDOLOD and re-enable

Needless to say this is pretty time-consuming, but I do them just to "feel" safer ... anytime you make mod changes in the middle of a playthrough you're playing a bit of Russian Roulette.   That said, I don't see those steps anywhere in the guide (or in Neovalen's original guide) so I'm curious if it's really needed anymore or just a placebo.

if that is what Sheson himself says to do best do it that way. I don't give directions cos really once you start playing you should be messing around with mods (yes we are all guilty of breaking this fundamental modding rule i am guilty myself) and we all know how old and out of date Neo's guide is.

thank you for explain that, I was wondering the same thing but was just going to wait to try it first before I asked.

You're welcome.  I actually didn't do it myself, since creating all those profiles just seemed like too much work.  Instead I came up with an alternative solution which works nearly as well, but only requires one profile.  I renamed all the mods I deactivated after a merge with the name of the merge at the beginning in brackets, so I can just sort by name and then know exactly what to reactivate.  The only drawback to this method is you do need to manually edit the load order before doing the rebuild, since the esps won't be in the order Merge Plugins originally saw them.

For example, here is what I have in the left pane as it pertains to the Heads Up Display merge.  Only the first mod (the merged one) is normally active, unless I'm rebuilding a merge:

[Heads Up Display Merged]

[Heads Up Display Merged] - A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Equipment HUD

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Extended UI

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Go On Ahead

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Immersive HUD - iHUD

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Lock Overhaul

If I need to update one of those mods it gets named the same, and then I reactivate them all, order them properly, and then run the merge.

if that is what Sheson himself says to do best do it that way. I don't give directions cos really once you start playing you should be messing around with mods (yes we are all guilty of breaking this fundamental modding rule i am guilty myself) and we all know how old and out of date Neo's guide is.

Thanks Lexy.  I agree if you start putting notes in the guide about how to update mid-playthrough you're just inviting trouble.  Even if you do everything "right" you can still break your save.

Edited by Eudeyrn