SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I've missed a couple CR that is standalone I think, where can I find 1.58 and 1.58.3? Because it is not released as an updated CR for the nexus right? Or are they included in the testing CR 1.59.1?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

i didn't keep cos they became CR Update for 1.58 which is on he nexus page. look in the update files section

Thanks Lexy yes i will contact Arthmoor and see what he says. I have Jaxonz positioner installed in my game and have for awhile..mainly because i use Palaces and Castles Enhanced by SetteLisette and there are minor conflicts with Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul, and whilst I'm not good with CK in resolving these conflicts (mainly things need re positioning), with Jaxonz its easy to do so. Prior to your fix Lexy in CR awhile back, people were querying the position of SUT chest on top of a fire burner on the top of the watch tower where you discover you are Dragonborn, with this tool i was able to fix it in game...so for me it's worth a slot, but that's me a strange duck hey ho

I tried Palaces and Castles Enhanced and checked out the ol' Blue Palace. Looks beautiful but the whole court (Falk, Erikur, Bryling, etc) were just standing in the back staircase like potatoes, Elisif alone was in the throne room. When I removed PCE things were back to normal (except that vampire mage was naked... Either as a protest for the architectural downgrade or PCE gave her some new garb that was lost in oblivion when I removed the mod). Did you get it to work with your configuration? Do you think those SFCO conflicts might have something to do with my npc's being stuck? Maybe those could be fixed with xEdit by removing all snazzy changes in the Blue palace cell - PCE is supposed to be the ultimate enhancer already, is it not?

One thing I did was merge the whole pack of patches, except for CRF + USLEEP because there were two patches containing navmesh edits and "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE", right? I didn't want to go fix navmesh conflicts so I merged only the other patch with navmeshes so merge plugins didn't protest, I suppose it's ok to do it?

Edited by godescalcus

..mainly because i use Palaces and Castles Enhanced by SetteLisette and there are minor conflicts with Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul, and whilst I'm not good with CK in resolving these conflicts (mainly things need re positioning),

Actually I've just realized the patches were published on Dec.12, after your post. So maybe the SFCO conflicts are already addressed in the SFCO patch included, which in some cases carries SFCO forward. Still, my problem with the potato NPCs is there...

godescalcus hi! Sorry late post back, but having a few real life issues of late. Around Christmas time i had to do a fresh start and using the latest Palaces and Castles Enhanced + patches. SetteLisette has fixed some of the issues with SFCO, but i still have Jaxonz to fix any issues found...they tend to be misplaced pictures or chairs...easy to fix in game. As to the people in stair well, i had that before, and it was load order. In the post section SetteLisette outlines load order...impotant if you are going to merge her patches. For me in left pane of MO PCE before LOTD. Merged PCE patches after CACO patches merged(as with the guide)...right pane PCE after Alternative start and PCE merged patches after LOTD merged patches. I haven't had issue with the court personal following Sette's load order...Best regards

godescalcus hi! Sorry late post back, but having a few real life issues of late. Around Christmas time i had to do a fresh start and using the latest Palaces and Castles Enhanced + patches. SetteLisette has fixed some of the issues with SFCO, but i still have Jaxonz to fix any issues found...they tend to be misplaced pictures or chairs...easy to fix in game. As to the people in stair well, i had that before, and it was load order. In the post section SetteLisette outlines load order...impotant if you are going to merge her patches. For me in left pane of MO PCE before LOTD. Merged PCE patches after CACO patches merged(as with the guide)...right pane PCE after Alternative start and PCE merged patches after LOTD merged patches. I haven't had issue with the court personal following Sette's load order...Best regards

Thanks for the complete instructions, now I'll have to try this! And I was about to close my build and run dyndolod and the lot LOL 

I understand your load order setting and will try to emulate it since WB works pretty much the same way. What about the patch order, just follow Sette's instructions for patches relative to one another and merge them all, or do you have to make several separate merges to slide in different places of the load order?

I don't remember if I got navmesh conflicts in the patch merge - a plague with some patches like the LOTD patches, as I don't know how to restore navmeshes I usually leave mods out of merges so the merge doesn't have more than one mod editing navmeshes. But in the LOTD patch merge I have about 30 plugins, I couldn't be bothered either to esmify half of my load order to restore navmesh in the CK nor to leave half of the patches out, so I took the quick exit and deleted the navmesh from the merge... LOL Let's hope the museum doesn't get filled with potato visitors.

I do remember I had problems with the PCE Relighting Skyrim patch, which is built on the original file and not on the "tailored for ELFX" that we use. I renamed my RelightingSkyrim_FULL.esp to RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp (or thereabouts, you get the idea, name it after what the PCE patch expects because there was no other dependency on Relighting Skyrim - not sure about the CR, I'm having to build my own this time). Then I got a few unresolved references that I was able to fix by loading the original RS esp along with the patch and ours, compared the formid's and copied a couple of light sources from the original RE into to the patch plugin and redirected the references therein.

Enjoy your new build LOL it's fun to restart modding but after two weeks building and starting over and building you feel a certain urge to just finish and play the game ;)

Anyone know when the SRLE LOTD guide will be back up? Finally had some free time between work to try to grind some more of these mods out, but discovered the guide's been inaccessible all night. Super bummed...

EDIT-Noticed there's an archived version online, last updated January 10th. Any major changes to the guide since then?

Edited by ShawnimusMaximus

I can't go onto the STEP guide! is there maintenance going on? 

no idea what is going on obvious the usual server issue the site sometimes gets.

Anyone know when the SRLE LOTD guide will be back up? Finally had some free time between work to try to grind some more of these mods out, but discovered the guide's been inaccessible all night. Super bummed...

EDIT-Noticed there's an archived version online, last updated January 10th. Any major changes to the guide since then?

not really mostly just version updates Darth did update the Testing CR (the one from our dropbox).

godescalcus, How's your project going {SRLE Extended - Legend of the Dragonborn, with Wrye Bash (work in progress)}?

I've installed with WB and played this guide with some custom changes several times since April 2017. Excellent stability, got to level 80 twice and completed most quests, but there were some issues I'm still trying to fix. One is Wyrmstooth, both times the mod got stuck apparently because some script won't run/won't be triggered. If there were a way to force-run script fragments with the console maybe I could have taken it further. At the moment I'm fighting to include Spice of Life - Forts but Dyndolod seems to dislike it, even though I followed every instruction, manually copied files around and everything. If you try it in WB remember you can't run relinker, so don't merge any esp's that are referenced by scripts. The only example I'm aware of in this list is those mods that Legacy automatically detects (treasure hunts and more, depending on which mods you're adding). Don't merge those and you're ok. BSA extraction has to be done manually (I do it with BSAOpt) which is actually good, makes you think whether or not you NEED to extract the bsa. I usually avoid extracting BSA's that are over 100Mb or contain many files, as it's generally agreed on that the game will read more quickly from compacted bsa due to r/w from disk bottleneck. If I merge the esp then of course I have to extract the BSA (otherwise needs the esp to be loaded). Finally as I've learned recently I strongly recommend archiving all installers in WB (ie, not having them as folders/projects) because CRC calculation and refresh times will soar if you have many loose files in the installers folder. Plus, you optimize your HD usage. With 750 installers atm my wrye bash runs as smoothly as with none.

I've installed with WB and played this guide with some custom changes several times since April 2017. Excellent stability, got to level 80 twice and completed most quests, but there were some issues I'm still trying to fix. One is Wyrmstooth, both times the mod got stuck apparently because some script won't run/won't be triggered. If there were a way to force-run script fragments with the console maybe I could have taken it further. At the moment I'm fighting to include Spice of Life - Forts but Dyndolod seems to dislike it, even though I followed every instruction, manually copied files around and everything. If you try it in WB remember you can't run relinker, so don't merge any esp's that are referenced by scripts. The only example I'm aware of in this list is those mods that Legacy automatically detects (treasure hunts and more, depending on which mods you're adding). Don't merge those and you're ok. BSA extraction has to be done manually (I do it with BSAOpt) which is actually good, makes you think whether or not you NEED to extract the bsa. I usually avoid extracting BSA's that are over 100Mb or contain many files, as it's generally agreed on that the game will read more quickly from compacted bsa due to r/w from disk bottleneck. If I merge the esp then of course I have to extract the BSA (otherwise needs the esp to be loaded). Finally as I've learned recently I strongly recommend archiving all installers in WB (ie, not having them as folders/projects) because CRC calculation and refresh times will soar if you have many loose files in the installers folder. Plus, you optimize your HD usage. With 750 installers atm my wrye bash runs as smoothly as with none.

Thank you very much for a very informative response.  I've been wanting to try WB as a primary mod manager and have been reading through the documentation.  I found your post about your project (Modding Skyrim with Wrye Bash), and was trying to emulate it on my own.  I made it through Section 24 - General World Improvement, when I got the idea to check and see if anything was being done to update SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn for SSE.  That was when I bumped into Darklady_Lexy, found out about her work on Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition - Skyrim Revisited, and have been following her Guide ever since.  I still want to use WB as my sole mod manager, but that will wait until after there's a working LoTD SE - Skyrim Revisited.

Edited by Decopauge123

godescalcus hi! I have merged all the PCE patches as one, but followed SettieLesette's load order under posts first section spoiler: Example#1 - Immersive Citizens + PCE. Once merged i have placed as before, but see you don't use MO lol SORRY!. In terms of errors with merge tool i had none. Sirjesto once told me with LOTD and trying the esmify method to fix navmesh as reported by merge tool, to ignore....as in a previous play i managed to do that with LOTD merges, and looked good, but had big problems in game later as a result of this. In terms of lighting using the guide as is and no problems that i can see, but i'm no wiz kid with xedit..instead of renaming Relighting skyrim mod, could you not use WB to change master to the tailored one? Any way best luck with playthrough