SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey so I disabled the patch plugins like you said Darth_mathias, and was able to test how my install is so far. Everything seems good, except one thing. I noticed there are ZERO dof effects with the Enb. I actually installed the High Quality version when installing Vividian, so I know its not that. I personally really like Dof, just subtly, kinda like the stock one SSE comes with. Like I said, the game looks good, the Enb seems to otherwise be fine, just no Dof whatsoever. Any ideas on what it could be? I also tried reinstalling Vividian several times with different Dof options but it doesn't seem to make a difference... I've used a ton of Enbs in the past and never had any problems like this, I'm really stumped trying to figure this out, since the Enb otherwise seems to be running perfectly.

Edited by ShawnimusMaximus

Hey so I disabled the patch plugins like you said Darth_mathias, and was able to test how my install is so far. Everything seems good, except one thing. I noticed there are ZERO dof effects with the Enb. I actually installed the High Quality version when installing Vividian, so I know its not that. I personally really like Dof, just subtly, kinda like the stock one SSE comes with. Like I said, the game looks good, the Enb seems to otherwise be fine, just no Dof whatsoever. Any ideas on what it could be? I also tried reinstalling Vividian several times with different Dof options but it doesn't seem to make a difference... I've used a ton of Enbs in the past and never had any problems like this, I'm really stumped trying to figure this out, since the Enb otherwise seems to be running perfectly.

if the enb was not updated since 0.315,try to rename enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx Edited by memnochs

I get the stutters when roaming the world, but have never seen a loading icon while its doing it. i believe this is caused when new cells load into memory. 

How much VRAM do you have? My 980 ti has 6 GB which i think is the minimum you should have if you are using city mods. 

I get the occasional crash outside, about 3 in 60 + hours so far. I don't really worry about it though as the amount of mods running means that the occasional crash is inevitable. If you get repeatable crashes or freezes in the same cells then i would suggest you have an issue with something. 

mY gpu is only a lowly 980 with 4 Gb of vram so this definitely could be why and as much as Id like to upgrade (already have a buyer in fact) I must wait for when the new line of cards come out. The next launch GPUS likely will come with at least 8Gb of Vram by default too.

The "loading" icon appears when windows detect a process is inactive and thinks it is not normal. If you try to click or interact with your game at this moment, it will certainly ask if you want to terminate the process. If the process is too slow to recover, it hangs. This problem appears after how many time ?

I didnt really keep track of the time but seemed like it was anywhere from 30 to 50 mins in playing. Needles to say I have already started trimming the mod list down back to original SRLE Extended with only 6 additional mods, of which are all quest mods: Clockwork, Beyond Reach, Qaxe Questorium, Teldryn Serious Enhanced - A Teldryn Sero Backstory Quest, Skyrim Underground and finally Aurlyn Dawnstone - The Reclusive Philosopher.

Edited by InstantKor

if the enb was not updated since 0.315,try to rename enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx

OMG, thank you so much memnochs. After reinstalling and rereading everything I'd done in the guide up to this point, that simple change absolutely fixed it. Thank you! It's strange though, the enbseries folder already had a enbdepthoffield.fx.ini to go along with the enbdepthofield.fx file after renaming it. Is there going to be any harm in leaving the enbeffectprepass.fx.ini file lingering in the folder with no .fx file to go along with it though?

OMG, thank you so much memnochs. After reinstalling and rereading everything I'd done in the guide up to this point, that simple change absolutely fixed it. Thank you! It's strange though, the enbseries folder already had a enbdepthoffield.fx.ini to go along with the enbdepthofield.fx file after renaming it. Is there going to be any harm in leaving the enbeffectprepass.fx.ini file lingering in the folder with no .fx file to go along with it though?

If you're using Vividian then you should have the enbeffectprepass.fx file. Redownload and extract it manually then move the effectprepass file from the special edition, weathers - vivid weathers, main files,  enbseries folder. 

Edit: Looking at the files for Vividian, Depth of field should be enabled via the prepass file so you may not have to worry about it if you've renamed it since the file is still there albeit with a different file name. 

As long as it works i guess it should be ok. Ironically when i used Vividian, i could never get Depth of Field to turn off without reinstalling the files every time i started the game. 

Edited by Jim102929

@ShawnimusMaximus: It is because the default one, it is better to rename enbeffectprepass ini.

@Jim102929: You can use the prepass one or rename it, it is a matter of choice. I like to tidy things, it is my little obsession ^^

Edited by memnochs

@ShawnimusMaximus: It is because the default one, it is better to rename enbeffectprepass ini.

@Jim102929: You can use the prepass one or rename it, it is a matter of choice. I like to tidy things, it is my little obsession ^^

Aaaaah, So you're saying after renaming enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx, I should ALSO rename enbeffectprepass.fx.ini to enbdepthoffield.fx.ini, and discard the OLD enbdepthoffield.fx.ini that was originally in the folder?

OK so for those are interested in why my game was freezing like it was because it indeed is because of VRAM usage. I Had my GPU managment utility (msi afterburner) display the chart ontop of the skyrim gameplay window so I could view all the stats. Whenever those freezes occurred the VRAM usage was near the max amount 4060. To add further onto this I walked all the way from the Solitude ship dock start to Helgen, not once did it freeze and during the entire time (2 hours of playing or so) VRAM was at most 3800 Mb so a new GPU card is certainly in order :P.

Edited by InstantKor

Aaaaah, So you're saying after renaming enbeffectprepass.fx to enbdepthoffield.fx, I should ALSO rename enbeffectprepass.fx.ini to enbdepthoffield.fx.ini, and discard the OLD enbdepthoffield.fx.ini that was originally in the folder?

Exactly :)

@InstantKor: You can try to optimize your texture through SMCO, it will save you some vram. (Make a backup before, so you can restore it after receiving your new GPU ^^)

PS: MSI Afterburner is reputed to have problem with ENB. In general, enb don't like thing which places hooks on games process.

Edited by memnochs

At Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central Duel Sheath Redux.

The file is called Optional Mod Patches for Legacy. It says I already have this mod and I already installed it earlier in the guide, do i just change the name and untick all of the files besides Duel Sheath Redux and rename the mod?

Lonestar hi! Did you make your own LOTD Merged Patch or use the guides? If you are using the guides pre-made mod by Sirjesto, than the options in the optional Patches mod are NOT NEED EXCEPT Dual Sheath Redux meshes, so yes untick all except Dual Sheath Redux meshes. If however, you have made your own LOTD Merged patch and have already installed the meshes, you can still do the LOTD patch central - Dual sheath Redux mod in its own file, and then look at what meshes are installed, go back to your own created merged(LOTD merged patches), open the mod file up, go to filetree, meshes, find the same meshes right click on them and hide. Doesn't really matter as the later installed mod(LOTD Dual Sheath Redux) will override them. Hope this helps

Exactly :)

@InstantKor: You can try to optimize your texture through SMCO, it will save you some vram. (Make a backup before, so you can restore it after receiving your new GPU ^^)

PS: MSI Afterburner is reputed to have problem with ENB. In general, enb don't like thing which places hooks on games process.

Awe so I should have afterburner NOT monitor the GPU while Im playing Skyrim then. Still need MSI though for the overclock I have. Also is it 'OK' to run SMCO over my entire texture mods or are there certain files it shouldnt touch such as paralax and npcs?

Edited by InstantKor

Under the section for enb:

Idiot Check: Once this is done change UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to TRUE and test to see if it is working. If it's working, change it back to FALSE when you have reached and installed the ENB from the Main guide.

What does it mean by "test" to see if it is working? Does it mean launch Skyrim through SKSE?