SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Instantkor hi! Generally speaking it isn't recommended to change mods during a play through due to the information "Baked" into your save the minute you press new game. The engine will always be looking for that information and changing, removing etc will cause it to evently ctd, because it cannot find information that been removed, changed etc. Having said that, i guess we all do tinker with updates. Mods like LOTD have VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS on how to clean your save and technically force the engine to look for the new script etc. Mod authors should have clear instructions on updating their mod to avoid problems...Classical Lichdom for example, if you started with v6 upwards doesn't require a new start and generally deals with minor fixes and not major overhauls....where as LOTD on v19 required a new start due to major overhaul and why it cannot be updated from an earlier versions..as Iceman has stressed many time on his mod page(as you would be aware of as a follower). Texture mod would not be an issue and can be pulled, changed without issue. Lastly any updates done would require a rerun of bash, dyndolod, FNIS, Skyproc patches dependent on what type of mod/s being updated or combination of...on the guide there is clear instructions under big push about this. This is my understanding and others may be able to correct or add to this.....IF UNSURE always have a backup before updating or STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE until ready to start again. Happy modding

Really sad to hear the reasoning for departing the community/taking down the mod Lepidoptera of Skyrim. 

I keep on hearing authors talking in this way...  I just can't understand.  Of course I don't have the skill or probably even the patience/dedication that many of these people do and I'm eternally grateful for everything they do.  I definitely understand being too old, too busy, etc. to continue modding.  It's your life, you gotta do what you gotta do.  But why take your toys with you when you leave?  It doesn't cost you anything to leave them there, and especially if you open permissions, there is a possibility that your mod becomes part of something larger.  

Why do annoying community people get such a reaction?  So people are asking for all kinds of compatibility patches?  So what.  If you want to make them, go for it.  If you don't, don't.  If people complain, let them complain.  You gave your time and skill to create something and shared it with the world.  You don't owe anyone anything, and you don't have to pay attention to angry, disrespectful people.

Anyway.  Probably not the place for this, just my reaction to your post @Lexy.

well the masters i merged are missing in the merge or something like that i dont understand it myself

So it is saying that a merge is missing the individual esps included in a merge? Now that is odd and something I never seen that before. The only thing I can guess is to dump the mergeds remove merge plugins and reinstall.

So it is saying that a merge is missing the individual esps included in a merge? Now that is odd and something I never seen that before. The only thing I can guess is to dump the mergeds remove merge plugins and reinstall.

yes that what i try to say :D

i already tried reinstalling but it happens every time

79e092f48b.gif

Hi there,

i am right now at the mergin section but  the problem is all my merges are missing the esps when i deactivate the mod what should i do?

d9854829a6.png

well I am completely stumped by this i have never seen this before could be worth seeing what Mator says on the subject. I have never had a merge still looking for the individual esp post merge.

well I am completely stumped by this i have never seen this before could be worth seeing what Mator says on the subject. I have never had a merge still looking for the individual esp post merge.

i am completely stumped by this too i have modded skyrim before but i never had this problem

Hello all,

Just wanted to drop in a note to say hi. I am brand new to these forums and to the SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn Guide, which I stumbled upon by accident while I was looking up Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited: LE guide. This guide is very detailed and current - thank you Darth_Mathias and DarkLadyLexy for your efforts in maintaining and posting it. Been spending the past few days trying to compile this build along with some of my favorite mods. Unfortunately I maxed out the plugin limit and could not proceed further, so restarting from scratch again.

Mathias and Lexy, if I may make a suggestion - would you guys mind updating the guide to indicate that a merge of plugins is recommended / available at the appropriate section? For example, the Heads Up Display section can advise the readers that a Merge Plugin is possible at the end of that section so they can save on plugin slots while going through the guide.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

can you please describe your procedure on how you create a merge? also could you post some screenshots of your Merge plugins setup maybe I might spot something you haven't

yeah sure,

my english isnt the best but i try

firstly i create a new profile in mod organizer with the name of the merge

then, in that new profile i disable all plugins and only check the ones needed for the merge and sort them as example blowing in the wind:

cda1d7b4fc.png

and the mods needed for the mod

after that i open merge plugins

here are the settings:

bd9533c669.png

94608459a3.png

36b1722533.png

cb0da9eb8a.png

after that i add the mods to the merge :

5e49cb9b15.png

then i check for errors and create the merge

after that i go to the  srle extended lotb profile uncheck the mods that are now merged and enable the merged mod

Edited by Guest

Hello all,

Just wanted to drop in a note to say hi. I am brand new to these forums and to the SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn Guide, which I stumbled upon by accident while I was looking up Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited: LE guide. This guide is very detailed and current - thank you Darth_Mathias and DarkLadyLexy for your efforts in maintaining and posting it. Been spending the past few days trying to compile this build along with some of my favorite mods. Unfortunately I maxed out the plugin limit and could not proceed further, so restarting from scratch again.

Mathias and Lexy, if I may make a suggestion - would you guys mind updating the guide to indicate that a merge of plugins is recommended / available at the appropriate section? For example, the Heads Up Display section can advise the readers that a Merge Plugin is possible at the end of that section so they can save on plugin slots while going through the guide.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

that has been suggested before I haven't thought of good way of implementing it.

yeah sure,

my english isnt the best but i try

firstly i create a new profile in mod organizer with the name of the merge

then, in that new profile i disable all plugins and only check the ones needed for the merge and sort them as example blowing in the wind:

cda1d7b4fc.png

and the mods needed for the mod

after that i open merge plugins

here are the settings:

bd9533c669.png

94608459a3.png

36b1722533.png

cb0da9eb8a.png

after that i add the mods to the merge :

5e49cb9b15.png

then i check for errors and create the merge

after that i go to the  srle extended lotb profile uncheck the mods that are now merged and enable the merged mod

well that is the same procedure as us the difference is your using German. crazy Idea try switching Merge plugins to English and create a "test merge" and see what happens?