SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey guys, how's it going? Here's another aspect that I am wondering about - Merging plugins, for example, Heads Up Display Merge (see below):

HEADS UP DISPLAY MERGE

Files to merge:

• Lock Overhaul.esp (Lock Overhaul)
  • GoOnAhead.esp (Go On Ahead)
  • AMatterOfTime.esp (A Matter of Time - A HUD Clock Widget)
  • iHUD.esp (Immersive HUD - iHUD)
  • Extended UI.esp (Extended UI)
  • Snotgurg Equipment HUD.esp (Equipment HUD)

Merge name:

• --- Heads Up Display Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD

So, all of the above esp files need to be sequential or consecutive before performing the merge? Because, when I do a LOOT run for load order, it scatters these files all over the place. Is the rule of thumb to:

Step 1. Install whatever mods are needed for the merge following the guide mod installation order

Step 2. Prior to merging, place the esp files in the order suggested above

Step 3. Do the merge

Step 4. Deactivate the individual mods / esp files (that are in the merged plugin)

Step 5. Activate the merged esp file

Step 6. Last step - run LOOT for arranging the load order??

they need to be consecutive and at the bottom on the load order what i do when creating merges is:

Step 1. Install whatever mods are needed for the merge following the guide mod installation order.

Step 2. Prior to merging run LOOT.

Step 3. Hand place the esp files in the order I want.

Step 4. Do the merge.

Step 5. Deactivate the individual mods / esp files (that are in the merged plugin).

Step 6. Activate the merged esp file.

Step 7. Last step - run LOOT for arranging the load order??

Cool, thanks Lexy. I am assuming Step 7 still needs to be done after activating the merged esp - correct?

Also in Merge Plugin, for building future merges, I am assuming that you have to check the merged plugin esp with other esp files? Because by default, all the Merged plugins that were created earlier are not enabled for loading.

Cool, thanks Lexy. I am assuming Step 7 still needs to be done after activating the merged esp - correct?

Also in Merge Plugin, for building future merges, I am assuming that you have to check the merged plugin esp with other esp files? Because by default, all the Merged plugins that were created earlier are not enabled for loading.

well actually what I do is for every merge i create a new profile and only activate what mods i need so for me Step 7. needs to be done.

Not really specific to this guide, but I am having a weird issue (so is my fiance, who is currently overseas and on a completely different machine using a totally different ISP and hardware setup) where I am getting a redirect error when trying to click and link to the nexus on the guide. 

This is happening with paul's guide, ultimate skyrim, and even the links from step and neovalen's older guide. 

I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues this morning. I was able to follow the guide for most of the night yesterday, but now I can't access anything when clicking on a nexus link from anywhere. 

go5jdPl.png

Edited by Thenatural

I am - the Nexus site needs some coffee, try a different browser. Alternately, go to the main Nexus site, then go into Skyrim and try searching for the mod. You can also try clearing history and temp files from your browser (I have not done this yet - just thinking out loud).

Hope this helps :)

Not really specific to this guide, but I am having a weird issue (so is my fiance, who is currently overseas and on a completely different machine using a totally different ISP and hardware setup) where I am getting a redirect error when trying to click and link to the nexus on the guide. 

This is happening with paul's guide, ultimate skyrim, and even the links from step and neovalen's older guide. 

I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar issues this morning. I was able to follow the guide for most of the night yesterday, but now I can't access anything when clicking on a nexus link from anywhere. 

go5jdPl.png

Lexy - sorry, I think I did not state my question properly. Let me post a screenshot for illustration - picture is better than a thousand words :) Please hold this train of thought until I do.

well actually what I do is for every merge i create a new profile and only activate what mods i need so for me Step 7. needs to be done.

Ok Lexy, here goes (please take a look at my screenshots below):

Load Order before running Merge Plugin:

post-12450-0-65356000-1519885265_thumb.jpg

Plugin selection screen when you run Merge Plugin:

post-12450-0-15114400-1519885284_thumb.jpg

Merge Plugin Home Screen:

post-12450-0-92712200-1519885294_thumb.jpg

I am starting my first possible merge following the mod installation order in the SRLE Extended LoTD guide, which is Heads Up Display Merged (Yes, I had to re-start all over again :/). So, here are my questions:

1. As you can see by comparing the guide and/or the Merges Page, the mods are not in sequence or consecutive for building the merged esp. I did run LOOT prior to running Merge Plugin. You suggested manually hand placing the esp files for the intended merge in sequential order. Now, do you place all these mods sequentially at the bottom of the list? Like after AHZmoreHUD.esp? Or do you place them sequentially right after Lock Overhaul.esp, which is the first mod in Heads Up Display Merged? By the way, I am intentionally skipping some mods mentioned in the guide, for example, GoOnAhead.esp and adding some personal favorites like Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp.

2. The question I was trying to ask earlier was - once you build the merged esp, you will have something like Heads Up Display Merged.esp in the load order. The next time when you run Merge Plugin, this merged esp is not checked or selected by default. So do you select all the Merged esp files (Heads Up Display Merged.esp, Better Quest Objectives Merged.esp, etc. etc.) to build future Merges? I am referring to the Plugin Selection screen of Merge Plugin.

Hoping you got an idea of what I am asking :)

Thanks.

Lexy - sorry, I think I did not state my question properly. Let me post a screenshot for illustration - picture is better than a thousand words :) Please hold this train of thought until I do.

Edited by Pelleas

Hello guys.

First of all, kudos to all for making this extensive guide. There is one thing that I need to make sure before I started to follow the guide. I am playing Skyrim with rather no so high-end rig laptop, with 4gb ram and 2gb vram Radeon 520 graphic. Using ENB make my fps drop big time, so is there any possible that I don't use ENB and only use the ICBINE mod? Or can I follow the guide, then only enable the ENBoost so that maybe the ENB setting is still there. Not much knowledge in using ENB so I am sorry for this noob question.

Hello Everyone ! I just finished to install everything and launched a game to test all.

It seems i have a little bug with the map. When i open it, the camera float under the map and i can't see anything...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530735097/7DBED123FD95E021A0E75DF38C40E07820CAB403/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530735468/C1E706ED116C439DCC920E89A7FD64542B653964/

Can you help me with it plz ?

PS :l the game is pretty and smooth otherwise ! Thanks to all of you !!

PSS: Oh i find another one ... The eyes are... weird T_T

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530765271/A03F6069849511BAB07488491DC944359512A419/

Edited by AstyanGaming

Hello AstyanGaming,

That's great that you installed everything and got started with the game. Can you tell me what strategy you used for merging mods? Can you check my post and provide your recommendations?

Thanks.

Hello Everyone ! I just finished to install everything and launched a game to test all.

Can someone advise me on the following? Thanks.

Ok Lexy, here goes (please take a look at my screenshots below):

Load Order before running Merge Plugin:

attachicon.gifLoad Order before Merge Plugin.JPG

Plugin selection screen when you run Merge Plugin:

attachicon.gifMerge Plugin - Plugin Selection.JPG

Merge Plugin Home Screen:

attachicon.gifMerge Plugin Home Screen.JPG

I am starting my first possible merge following the mod installation order in the SRLE Extended LoTD guide, which is Heads Up Display Merged (Yes, I had to re-start all over again :/). So, here are my questions:

1. As you can see by comparing the guide and/or the Merges Page, the mods are not in sequence or consecutive for building the merged esp. I did run LOOT prior to running Merge Plugin. You suggested manually hand placing the esp files for the intended merge in sequential order. Now, do you place all these mods sequentially at the bottom of the list? Like after AHZmoreHUD.esp? Or do you place them sequentially right after Lock Overhaul.esp, which is the first mod in Heads Up Display Merged? By the way, I am intentionally skipping some mods mentioned in the guide, for example, GoOnAhead.esp and adding some personal favorites like Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp.

2. The question I was trying to ask earlier was - once you build the merged esp, you will have something like Heads Up Display Merged.esp in the load order. The next time when you run Merge Plugin, this merged esp is not checked or selected by default. So do you select all the Merged esp files (Heads Up Display Merged.esp, Better Quest Objectives Merged.esp, etc. etc.) to build future Merges? I am referring to the Plugin Selection screen of Merge Plugin.

Hoping you got an idea of what I am asking :)

Thanks.

Hey there,

Quick question. I am running through the guide right now. I noticed a lot of notes about adding Bash Tags this time around.

Thing is, I plan to add other mods on top of this guide. I usually use Mator Smash instead of Wrye Bash as a result (for some reason Wrye Bash doesn't work too hot with my additional mods when I had a STEP Extended based build).

Does anyone know if I can just skip making a Wrye Bash patch, and just use a Mator Smash patch? (Assuming I put in the relevant Bash Tags of course).

Edited by johnnywatts

You place the plugins that you want to merge at the BOTTOM of your load order after running LOOT. So yes, after AHZmoreHUD.esp in your case.

Merge Plugins requires the plugins to be sorted sequentially at the bottom. So run LOOT, manually sort your plugins at the bottom, then merge.

You really only select plugins you had previously merged if you're trying to add something else to the merge. If not, you don't have to select it.

In fact, you don't even have to select plugins that are irrelevant to what you're trying to merge. You only select the plugins you want to merge, plus their respective masters and dependencies.

Protip: Shift+click to select all the plugins you want to merge. Press space bar to check all their boxes in one go. Right click on the multiple plugins that are now checked. Click "Select Masters". It will auto-check all the necessary masters and dependencies for your merge, unless those masters/dependencies also have other masters/dependencies of their own.

In the latter case, the masters/dependencies you did not check will be highlighted in red. Just keep choosing the red plugins until the OK button is no longer greyed out (MP won't let you start merging until you have all of them selected).

Hello Pelleas, 

For merging plugins, it is recommended to do it at the end of the guide.

But in your case, You have to order your load order yourself before launch merge plugins.

• Lock Overhaul.esp 
  • GoOnAhead.esp 
  • AMatterOfTime.esp 
  • iHUD.esp 
  • Extended UI.esp 
  • Snotgurg Equipment HUD.esp 

When you start Merge plugins, you should already have this load order, and you just have to merge like the guide said.

Edited by AstyanGaming

It seems i have a little bug with the map. When i open it, the camera float under the map and i can't see anything...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530735097/7DBED123FD95E021A0E75DF38C40E07820CAB403/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530735468/C1E706ED116C439DCC920E89A7FD64542B653964/

Can you help me with it plz ?

PS :l the game is pretty and smooth otherwise ! Thanks to all of you !!

PSS: Oh i find another one ... The eyes are... weird T_T

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999530765271/A03F6069849511BAB07488491DC944359512A419/

I tried to unable the mod in my load order, it seems to work. I have a map.

Then i downloaded the Paper map from A Quality World Map 9.0 - Paper. And i test out again.

This happens : https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927050999532025008/3C6BB24D5E50B797F109DE9D7ED974B072D5CC26/ 

Where is my paper map ?!! I don't understand what is the problem here ... ? 

I checked my load order, it seems right .. i don't know Wtf ?

PS : And i resolved my eyes problems with the guard.

AstyanGaming hi! Have you tried the flat roads version as on the guide(there may be a problem with paper map) and ENSURED THAT:

Loot Metadata Update Required:IcePenguinWorldMap.esp - Load After Vivid Weathers - Merged.esp.

Also make sure IcePenguinWorldMap.esp is loaded as shown in the Modwatch link at the top of the guide page:

EDIT: from the mod aurthors page..For the first time, a flat, high quality paper map is available from the world map for Skyrim. Rather than being a simple copy of the existing paper map texture, it was painstakingly recreated using worldspace reference screenshots, the map texture, and custom art assets. The result is something any adventurer would be proud to have tucked away in their pack.

A paper map for Solstheim is not included. It will appear similarly to the way it does in the Vivid style in 3D.

The Paper 9.0 includes an ESP file. IcePenguin added this in order to tweak the appearance of the weather in the world map in order to improve overall appearance. It also includes necessary changes in order to enforce certain camera restrictions in order for the mod to appear correctly.

Due to a chance that another mod can overwrite this mod's necessary edits to the Tamriel worldspace, it is highly recommended to load this near the end of your plugin load order.

Tilt/zoom controls are disabled when viewing the paper map. You can still pan the camera.

So again ensure the .esp loads at the end of your load order after weather .esp....Hope this helps

Edited by berndaroy