SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hmmm - now I am very confused. Have I been following the correct STEP guide?

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

I am trying to mod the Legendary Edition of Skyrim, not the Special Edition. I do have the Special Edition game, but not ready to mod and play it yet.

If I am referring to the correct guide, then the CR guide link in there points to this site:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/Subguide_CR_SRLE_LOTD#Activator

Yes, I do see the message " Warning: THIS SUBGUIDE IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY", but if that is the case, what is the correct subguide that I need to be looking at?

Lastly, on your answers below:

1. in xedit you left of the record you want to copy into a new esp and right click "copy as overwrite into" (this will then let create a new plugin or using a exisitng oplugin.

2. just drag and drop the keyword int the new esp.

Just an observation - that seems like a lot of work to resolve the conflicts, considering the fact that you have to do each error line by line manually (please see attached). Or is that the only way to do it?

Also, this just takes care of the errors. Are there separate conflicts as well that need to be resolved using the steps above?

Thanks.

ahh I take it you are looking the CR Sub guide you do realize that is very old and out of date and only there now for reference? the part of was referring to is at the bottom of the main guide:

Troubleshooting Wyre Bash Create Dummies (Uses this method if you do not have the esp plugin downloaded)

Use this method to create dummies of plugins you wish to remove from the premade Conflcit Resolution.

1. Load Wrye Bash click on the CR and select File->Create dummy esps (this will create fake esps for what you are missing and place them into the overwrite folder).
  2. Load TES5edit with only SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp Selected wait until backgound loader has finished.
  3. Right click on SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp and check for errors.
  4. Remove the records that are broken from SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp (they will show after checking for errors).
  5. Save and Exit.
  6. Load SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp again in TES5Edit and then clean masters once done save and exit.
  7. Remove Fake plugins fron the overwrite folder.

but to answer your questions

1. in xedit you left of the record you want to copy into a new esp and right click "copy as overwrite into" (this will then let create a new plugin or using a exisitng oplugin.

3. yes to removed right click and hit Remove and confirm on yes on a specific record.

Hmmm - now I am very confused. Have I been following the correct STEP guide?

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

I am trying to mod the Legendary Edition of Skyrim, not the Special Edition. I do have the Special Edition game, but not ready to mod and play it yet.

If I am referring to the correct guide, then the CR guide link in there points to this site:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Paul666root/Subguide_CR_SRLE_LOTD#Activator

Yes, I do see the message " Warning: THIS SUBGUIDE IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY", but if that is the case, what is the correct subguide that I need to be looking at?

Lastly, on your answers below:

Just an observation - that seems like a lot of work to resolve the conflicts, considering the fact that you have to do each error line by line manually (please see attached). Or is that the only way to do it?

attachicon.gifConflict Resolution Errors.txt

Also, this just takes care of the errors. Are there separate conflicts as well that need to be resolved using the steps above?

Thanks.

yes, you are the correct guide and sub guide. We stopped maintaining the CR sub guide due to the amount of time and effort it was taking.

Yes, it will be a lot of work since you elected not to install mods that are required by the CR. So I am afraid that manually removing the records line by line is the only was the clean the CR. You can search for all the  Formid's and highlight them in xedit and remove on mass but that is prone to mistakes (if you are not familiar with xedit). There might be more conflicts to resolve but that very much depends on load order and if you decided to add different then what is in the guide.

Just checking up on a couple things here.

Is the Royal Armory CR needed at all, and while d/ling the LoTD files, I noticed that there's a compatibility patch for CACO 1.2 - 2.0 (hoping this might address the Horker Display problem).

No, the Royal Armory CR is not needed anymore. Last time I played classic (which was before Christmas) I still had issues the Horker display.

Lexy hi! In terms of the horker display problem, its been fixed with the latest update 19.3.6. Iceman found that the script was looking for the wrong item/s.

Fallenknighte hi! Stick with the patch for CACO 1.2 as per the guide, if you are making your own patch. It was chosen to stay with this version, as CACO 2.0 still remains in BETA, and has nothing to do with the horker display.....it was a script error: If you haven't updated, make sure you clean up the scripts as per instructions under the sticky post in posts of LOTD mod page, after you update...you should have v 19.3.01 CORE, overwritten with v19.3.6 update. Lastly if you have the CORE, but say v19.3.3 update on top of this, and then update to v19.3.6 ALL SCRIPTS indicted under LOGS/changelogs from that version up to latest, will need to be cleaned. But reading your posts, if you are doing a major update on all mods in the guide from the last time you played, I agree a new game would be best, plus avoids all the messing around on the above

yes, you are the correct guide and sub guide. We stopped maintaining the CR sub guide due to the amount of time and effort it was taking.

Yes, it will be a lot of work since you elected not to install mods that are required by the CR. So I am afraid that manually removing the records line by line is the only was the clean the CR. You can search for all the  Formid's and highlight them in xedit and remove on mass but that is prone to mistakes (if you are not familiar with xedit). There might be more conflicts to resolve but that very much depends on load order and if you decided to add different then what is in the guide.

Ok, I guess that makes sense. Sigh - at this point, rather than starting all over again, I will try cleaning the errors due to the missing esp plugins that I skipped. Just want to cross-check my approach though. So basically I look for the record ID which is nothing but Form ID in the error message. Then find that record ID under the relevant section, right click and click on Remove, correct? Then I save the plugin and re-open in xEdit and Clean Masters to get rid of all missing plugins after it shows no errors, right? That’s how I cleaned the other SRLE Extended LOTD esp files. Once I get rid of the errors, then go back in there and resolve any remaining conflicts per the sub-guide???

Another option is to install the esp plugins that I skipped like Legacy of the Dragonborn. But if I install now and position it in the right place on MO left pane, would that still work? In terms of MO right pane or load order, I guess LOOT will arrange or order it correctly, right?

Sorry, trying to figure out how to proceed, without starting over from the base game installation.

Thanks.

Hey Berndaroy, thnx for the reply. Was going to check with Patch Central/LOTD as to whether this patch was needed (had pre-downloaded, just in case). Good to know that this is not required - one less esp to worry about.

Incidently, I just wanted to touch up on the problem with Soulgems that are used in autcasting speel pillars, like the ones located in Hob's Fall cave, or the one (not an attack pillar per se, but linked to the barrier you need to pass through to get to the Skull of Corruption). As mentioned in an earlier post, any Soulgems that are at these points are invidible/nontargetable. This is for the most part not really an issue, but in the case of the one in Nightcaller Temple is quest-breaking, as you are required to remove the item from its position in order to drop the barrier.

Soulgems in and of themselves appear fine and display properly - its only those used in conjunction with these autocast pillars or Nightcaller Temple.

As I am working on a fresh install, I'm hoping that I can resolve this issue, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this, or knew a likely cause.

Edited by fallenknighte

Ok, I guess that makes sense. Sigh - at this point, rather than starting all over again, I will try cleaning the errors due to the missing esp plugins that I skipped. Just want to cross-check my approach though. So basically I look for the record ID which is nothing but Form ID in the error message. Then find that record ID under the relevant section, right click and click on Remove, correct? Then I save the plugin and re-open in xEdit and Clean Masters to get rid of all missing plugins after it shows no errors, right? That’s how I cleaned the other SRLE Extended LOTD esp files. Once I get rid of the errors, then go back in there and resolve any remaining conflicts per the sub-guide???

Another option is to install the esp plugins that I skipped like Legacy of the Dragonborn. But if I install now and position it in the right place on MO left pane, would that still work? In terms of MO right pane or load order, I guess LOOT will arrange or order it correctly, right?

Sorry, trying to figure out how to proceed, without starting over from the base game installation.

Thanks.

pretty much yes although remember the conflicts may not be on the CR Sub guide.  You might find FNVEdit Training Manual https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38413 useful. It was written for FNV but the principle is the same no what version of xedit you are using.

Can I also ask one more question out of curiosity why you decide not to install Legacy of the Dragonborn which basically is the main mod this guide is built around?

I'm hoping that I can resolve this issue, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this, or knew a likely cause.

Fallenknighte hi! Personally i have never encountered this problem or seen it here, posted or addressed...if normal soulgems display fine then those mentioned should too, so not sure how to advise here. Do you have mfg console installed..https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596, with this you can open console and click on these faulty soulgems and it will indicate any or last mod to change it.....possibly any faulty mesh/texture with that mod..just a thought....but i guess you will know later if starting a fresh rebuild. Lastly just in case i didn't come across clearly with LOTD patch(in previous post), if you are following this guide to the letter so to speak then the pre made patch by Sirjesto is fine.....the caco/lotd patch version mentioned was ONLY if you had to MAKE YOUR OWN patch. Even though English is my first language i sometimes don't express myself clearly...anyway happy modding

Hi all, 

First of all thanks for the guide, it's an incredible piece of work!

I've tried to go through all the steps carefully but I've gone wrong somewhere. I have a couple of issues:

1. Anytime I go near Riverwood the game crashes with the following message:

'Skyrim has crashed because of an object reference with form ID: 0x94B26...'

Now I've heard that this could be due to the Stunning Statues mod where you have to copy some stuff to a new folder. It turned out I had copied the files to meshes/architecture/statuessnow/ instead of meshes/prometheus/architecture/statuessnow/. I've now copied the files to the right place but I still get the error, how should I go about fixing this without restarting the whole thing?

2. A lot of the trees look like really low-res 2D trees. I've attached a picture of the problem.

Any help on these two would be really appreciated, I really don't want to start the whole thing again!

post-12519-0-36956500-1520979852_thumb.jpg

post-12519-0-72980700-1520980053_thumb.jpg

Ok folks..... I have bitten the nail one more time - did a clean wipe last night, starting over from scratch :crying: 2.5+ weeks of modding drown the drain  :cry: 

Lexy, your question makes me bring up a bunch of questions that I was avoiding until this point, but I can't help it anymore. The question revolves around my choice of mods. But first to answer your question regarding Legacy of the Dragonborn, when I read the description - I feel like it's a mod that introduces a museum, collecting artifacts, ruin-digging, lots of scavening, etc.. which adds more deviation from the main quest and/or the plethora of other quests introduced via mods. It has an airship component which does not make sense - why fly when there are dragons around  :confusion: Maybe I am not understanding it correctly, but regardless - I give up, I am installing everything (at least 99% this time).

My turn for questions - have you guys considered / looked at the following mods? [i will keep a running list as I progress through the guide and post an updated list]

1. Appropriately Attired Jarls
2. Consistent Older People
3. Dead Body Collision Fix
4. Double Cursor Fix
5. Fast Travel Timescale Fix
6. Invisibility Glitch - Eyes Fix
7. Ragdoll Paralysis

only gotten to the Other Fixes section so far. Another big one I can think of is Wyrmstooth - why is that not included in this guide?

Thanks.

pretty much yes although remember the conflicts may not be on the CR Sub guide.  You might find FNVEdit Training Manual https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38413 useful. It was written for FNV but the principle is the same no what version of xedit you are using.

Can I also ask one more question out of curiosity why you decide not to install Legacy of the Dragonborn which basically is the main mod this guide is built around?

Ok folks..... I have bitten the nail one more time - did a clean wipe last night, starting over from scratch :crying: 2.5+ weeks of modding drown the drain  :cry:

Lexy, your question makes me bring up a bunch of questions that I was avoiding until this point, but I can't help it anymore. The question revolves around my choice of mods. But first to answer your question regarding Legacy of the Dragonborn, when I read the description - I feel like it's a mod that introduces a museum, collecting artifacts, ruin-digging, lots of scavening, etc.. which adds more deviation from the main quest and/or the plethora of other quests introduced via mods. It has an airship component which does not make sense - why fly when there are dragons around  :confusion: Maybe I am not understanding it correctly, but regardless - I give up, I am installing everything (at least 99% this time).

My turn for questions - have you guys considered / looked at the following mods? [i will keep a running list as I progress through the guide and post an updated list]

4. Double Cursor Fix

7. Ragdoll Paralysis

only gotten to the Other Fixes section so far. Another big one I can think of is Wyrmstooth - why is that not included in this guide?

Thanks.

Heya Pelleas.

I can't answer for everyone who utilizes this guide but, for me personally, I have never been one to simply discover a dungeon or cave and think "Oooh, let's see what we have going on here" I'm quite methodical and practical by nature, so usually need a "reason" to explore just about anywhere, let alone some potentially dangerous cave/dungeon, lol. Legacy of the Dragonborn provides exactly that, along with additions that add many hours of gameplay to an already substantial time-eater.

As far as the Airship component goes... have no fear. Without spoiling things, dragons are not going to be an issue here.

As for the mods you've listed:-

1. I've yet to encounter an inappropriately dressed Jarl

2. May be a matter of preference (a number of NPC overhauls are used, so would require more tinkering in CR)

3. I use this one myself in my personal Load Order. It can be tricky with dragon skeletons (minding where you kill them avoids most issues)

4. I believe is already addressed

5. As above. I don't believe its required anymore (I've never experienced that bug, and I tend to hop around Skyrim like a Kangaroo on a pogo stick)

6. I think is also addressed

7. Not sure on this one. I occasionally have issues with paralysis bugging out my camera (at least I did before wiping my game to start over).

Wyrmstooth crops up from time to time throughout the comments in this guide. As the mod is no longer officially supported/updated and given the size of this guide already, I believe it was left out. I am sure that there are those users of this guide who use Wyrmstooth - maybe a request for a PM regarding this (so as not to hijack the thread) would help.

Hi FallenKnight, thanks for giving your feedback. That helps thin my mods a little bit:

4. Double Cursor Fix
7. Ragdoll Paralysis

8. EasyWheel Menu - personally speaking, I hate the wheel - is there a way to turn it off within MCM? I have to install it because it is Core, but not a fan of it.

9. Better Skill and Quest Books Names - I believe this conflicts with Books of Skyrim, does Books of Skyrim have the features from the BSQBN mod?

more to come....

What's a request for a PM?

Thanks.

Heya Pelleas.

I can't answer for everyone who utilizes this guide but, for me personally, I have never been one to simply discover a dungeon or cave and think "Oooh, let's see what we have going on here" I'm quite methodical and practical by nature, so usually need a "reason" to explore just about anywhere, let alone some potentially dangerous cave/dungeon, lol. Legacy of the Dragonborn provides exactly that, along with additions that add many hours of gameplay to an already substantial time-eater.

As far as the Airship component goes... have no fear. Without spoiling things, dragons are not going to be an issue here.

As for the mods you've listed:-

1. I've yet to encounter an inappropriately dressed Jarl

2. May be a matter of preference (a number of NPC overhauls are used, so would require more tinkering in CR)

3. I use this one myself in my personal Load Order. It can be tricky with dragon skeletons (minding where you kill them avoids most issues)

4. I believe is already addressed

5. As above. I don't believe its required anymore (I've never experienced that bug, and I tend to hop around Skyrim like a Kangaroo on a pogo stick)

6. I think is also addressed

7. Not sure on this one. I occasionally have issues with paralysis bugging out my camera (at least I did before wiping my game to start over).

Wyrmstooth crops up from time to time throughout the comments in this guide. As the mod is no longer officially supported/updated and given the size of this guide already, I believe it was left out. I am sure that there are those users of this guide who use Wyrmstooth - maybe a request for a PM regarding this (so as not to hijack the thread) would help.

Hi FallenKnight, thanks for giving your feedback. That helps thin my mods a little bit:

4. Double Cursor Fix

7. Ragdoll Paralysis

8. EasyWheel Menu - personally speaking, I hate the wheel - is there a way to turn it off within MCM? I have to install it because it is Core, but not a fan of it.

9. Better Skill and Quest Books Names - I believe this conflicts with Books of Skyrim, does Books of Skyrim have the features from the BSQBN mod?

more to come....

What's a request for a PM?

Thanks.

Hey there, Pelleas

I'm by no means an expert on modding, especially as it pertains to SRLE Extended LOTD, so please don't take my word asfact here  :bleh:  ::D: . By PM, I meant simply that you might ask for a Private Message for any advice regarding Wyrmstooth, thereby avoiding hijacking the thread.

It is enitrely possible to simply avoid using Easy Wheel and just configure your hotkeys within the relevant Mod's MCM Menu to an unassigned key, in which case, adding something that increases the available amount of hotkeys may prove beneficial (as keys will be in limited availability) - More Hotkeys Please, as an example.

As for Better Skill and Quest Books Names, Books of Skyrim by itself doesn't do that, as far as I'm aware (from reading description) however, I believe that one of the mods (can't think of it right now) that is used, allows you to at least see which skill is raised by which skill book and also if it has been read or not - though that might also be something in my personal Load Order  :unsure: .

Hey again, Pelleas

Just remembered which mod it was... moreHUD. It only displays the corresponding Skill to which the book is linked, and whether read (by an eye symbol when read) or not. BSandQBN certainly provides more detail and don't think it would conflick with BoS or moreHUD, but more Technically skilled modders here could advise you better. Again, as with any guide, trial and error plays the greatest part in any Load Order - so by all means, give it a try and test, test then test again  ::D: