SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Heya Lexy, just wanted to apologize for not responding to an issue I recounted to do with Soulgems not working properly. Turns out I'm an idiot. As I stated, Soulgems were appearing just fine in-game, but when used for autocasting spell traps or the barrier in Nightcaller Temple, they were simply not there... not even anything to click on in console (with mfg installed).

I took a look at some of the Soulgems I had stored away, and all the empty ones appeared fine, but all the filled ones, they were invisible. I rechecked my Load Order in the left pane, and realised that I had mistakenly deactivated the Rustic Soulgems mod after it was merged into the Bashed Patch  :doh:   :redface: .

All seems to be working fine now, thx again for the continuing support that you, Darth and many others provide  :celebration:

Hey everyone - so finally got done with modding :woot: I started playing yesterday and so far so good, noticed one of the followers that I added was mis-behaving. But I pushed it down after Alternate Start - Live Another Life, and it started working. The mouse scroll speed is super-duper fast, though. It's a major problem while going through menus and/or zooming in and out within the game.

Anyone encounter this problem?

Thanks.

Hey everyone - so finally got done with modding :woot: I started playing yesterday and so far so good, noticed one of the followers that I added was mis-behaving. But I pushed it down after Alternate Start - Live Another Life, and it started working. The mouse scroll speed is super-duper fast, though. It's a major problem while going through menus and/or zooming in and out within the game.

Anyone encounter this problem?

Thanks.

that can be adjusted using BethINI Under the Interface Tab Mouse Settings -> Lock Sensitivity

Just wondering - is the leveling supposed to be extremely slow? In a couple hours of gameplay, with a sword, board, and heavy armor build, I don't think I've seen any of those skills tick up. Speech from selling stuff and lockpicking are about all I've seen really move. Only at level 2.

Edited by FinalPantasy

Just wondering - is the leveling supposed to be extremely slow? In a couple hours of gameplay, with a sword, board, and heavy armor build, I don't think I've seen any of those skills tick up. Speech from selling stuff and lockpicking are about all I've seen really move. Only at level 2.

yes, levelling is slow due to the Uncapper we use.

Darth, thanks for responding - however, this is what fixed it for me:

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[interface]

fMouseCursorSpeed=0.7000 (This value was originally set at 1.0000)

The link where I found the above recommendation:- https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/828925849445175984/

ah, I never knew about this tweak glad you got it fixed.

yes, levelling is slow due to the Uncapper we use.

ah, I never knew about this tweak glad you got it fixed.

I spoke too soon - the dialog menu is still scrolling too fast. I may have to tweak it down further. But I agree with FinalPantasy - leveling is way way slower - finished Bleak Falls Barrow dungeon on Legendary difficulty and still halfway through level 2 :wacko:

Just out of curiosity, how can we tweak the leveling speed just a little bit, about halfway between what vanilla game is and what Uncapper does? Anyone configure it that way?

Edited by Pelleas

about the optimized vanilla texture mod, after I follow the instruction there are 4 mods in mo, each of which contain a single .bsa.

Can I extract all of them into a single folder and place it right before usleep? should look just like bethesda performance textures.

about the optimized vanilla texture mod, after I follow the instruction there are 4 mods in mo, each of which contain a single .bsa.

Can I extract all of them into a single folder and place it right before usleep? should look just like bethesda performance textures.

you don't extract the optimized vanilla textures they need to remain in there BSA's but I can't see why you can't place them all in a single folder just as long at they overwrite the Vanillia BSA's and USLEEP overwrites the optimized vanilla texture

J out of curiosity, how can we tweak the leveling speed just a little bit, about halfway between what vanilla game is and what Uncapper does? Anyone configure it that way?

The custom uncapper contains an ini file that you can tweak to your liking. It's extensive, but pretty self-explanatory.

The custom uncapper contains an ini file that you can tweak to your liking. It's extensive, but pretty self-explanatory.

Awesome - so should I be looking at SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file under the Uncapper for Ordinator -> SKSE -> Plugins folder? Or do we need to edit the one under Skyrim-Community-Uncapper mod?

Yes, agreed that it is very extensive, but all I am looking to modify is the rate at which the Base Level of the Player Character increases. Which one would that be? Assuming I do not have to modify / update the skill values for each area like Alteration, Conjuration, bla bla.....

Awesome - so should I be looking at SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file under the Uncapper for Ordinator -> SKSE -> Plugins folder? Or do we need to edit the one under Skyrim-Community-Uncapper mod?

Yes, agreed that it is very extensive, but all I am looking to modify is the rate at which the Base Level of the Player Character increases. Which one would that be? Assuming I do not have to modify / update the skill values for each area like Alteration, Conjuration, bla bla.....

The uncapper for ordinator's ini file, having the same filename as the community uncapper's, is the one that gets carried by MO because it's lower in your left pane. You can change that or, if you want, do without that mod altogether and just make the changes you want directly in the community uncapper's ini file. I played extensively with the custom uncapper and it wasn't until level 50 that I felt I really needed to change something. That was because of the dynamic rate that's written in the ini settings that makes for a slower start, then faster gains, then a long slower mid game, then slightly faster towards endgame, or something like that. I was in the long midgame slow gain phase. I did my changes, but then I realized that I suddenly went from 50 to 80 in no time, and before I even completed most of the extensive gameplay that this guide includes (plus some I added myself). So, if you have fun building your character instead of quickly powergaming to maximum, maybe give this guide's uncapper a chance ;) I think I came to agree with it, at least partly, in that I have the most fun in early-to-mid game and not so much being the all-mighty superhero towards endgame.

P.S. I think you DO have to modify each value if you want to go from "uncapper for ordinator"'s ini and make some adjustments, because it's heavily customized. Not necessarily if you go from the community uncapper's because its values are mostly 1, meaning something like vanilla rate. There you may change only what you want, and leave the rest vanilla. Can't tell you what to change right now for those skills but mind that there are several parameters that can change the levelling rate, some deal with the experience gained from skill use, some with experience necessary to level up, etc... That's why I said the config is a little extensive ;) And that's why, after trying my own custom edits to vanilla values, I think I'm now just going with the custom uncapper because it's changes are more subtle and it would take an incredible amount of time to perfect them in the same level of detail (think about at least one full playthrough to go through all the gain rates that change dynamically from level 0 to level 150 or thereabouts...

Edited by godescalcus

The other thing you can do is use Disparity (I think it is) to give yourself a few starting perk points. I often do this and add a few perk points at game start since I take the attitude that just about everyone should have some idea how to wield a sword, so I drop one point in one handed there. Most people would have some idea of Archery if they're any sort of Hunter etc.

The uncapper for ordinator's ini file, having the same filename as the community uncapper's, is the one that gets carried by MO because it's lower in your left pane. You can change that or, if you want, do without that mod altogether and just make the changes you want directly in the community uncapper's ini file. I played extensively with the custom uncapper and it wasn't until level 50 that I felt I really needed to change something. That was because of the dynamic rate that's written in the ini settings that makes for a slower start, then faster gains, then a long slower mid game, then slightly faster towards endgame, or something like that. I was in the long midgame slow gain phase. I did my changes, but then I realized that I suddenly went from 50 to 80 in no time, and before I even completed most of the extensive gameplay that this guide includes (plus some I added myself). So, if you have fun building your character instead of quickly powergaming to maximum, maybe give this guide's uncapper a chance ;) I think I came to agree with it, at least partly, in that I have the most fun in early-to-mid game and not so much being the all-mighty superhero towards endgame.

P.S. I think you DO have to modify each value if you want to go from "uncapper for ordinator"'s ini and make some adjustments, because it's heavily customized. Not necessarily if you go from the community uncapper's because its values are mostly 1, meaning something like vanilla rate. There you may change only what you want, and leave the rest vanilla. Can't tell you what to change right now for those skills but mind that there are several parameters that can change the levelling rate, some deal with the experience gained from skill use, some with experience necessary to level up, etc... That's why I said the config is a little extensive ;) And that's why, after trying my own custom edits to vanilla values, I think I'm now just going with the custom uncapper because it's changes are more subtle and it would take an incredible amount of time to perfect them in the same level of detail (think about at least one full playthrough to go through all the gain rates that change dynamically from level 0 to level 150 or thereabouts...

Interesting - so, to summarize:

1. Uncapper for Ordinator - better gameplay experience that aligns with most of the content in this guide

2. Community Uncapper - closer to vanilla experience, but any modification in skills will be experimental because underlying dependencies hard to determine

Question though - does all of the above have an impact on the Follower levels? In other words, does it impact how a follower levels up and gains skills?

The other thing you can do is use Disparity (I think it is) to give yourself a few starting perk points. I often do this and add a few perk points at game start since I take the attitude that just about everyone should have some idea how to wield a sword, so I drop one point in one handed there. Most people would have some idea of Archery if they're any sort of Hunter etc.

Nozzer, since Disparity is being brought up - I was delaying the in-game selection of that intentionally. So, if I pick a class, for eg, Mage, does Disparity confine / restrict me to that class? Or will I have complete freedom to expand or grow other skill areas as well? I guess I am not fully clear what kind of an impact Disparity has to the game.

Also, see my response above to godescalcus regarding Follower leveling - does Disparity have an impact on Followers' skills?

Hey guys loads more "merge tag" added got up to RS Children more to follow I am getting there all be it slowly.

Also I updated some mods so check the changelog.

Hey Darth or Lexy, not sure if you guys saw this post of mine, but wondering if the referenced content needs an update.