SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Guys, just wondering about this - if you have followers with you, do you have to get a hit in with a particular enemy for your player character to get some experience points out of that "kill". For example, if you and your followers are attacking a wolf or a bandit, what happens if your followers finish the job before you get a single hit in? Do you get 0 exp points?

The reason I ask is because I am a follower-hoarder, and like playing with like a "full-party" kind of an experience. So currently, I have a tank, 2 healers and thinking of adding 2 damage dealers - so this will be in addition to my central character, that's like 6 total characters tackling every wolf, bandit, whatever else is out there. I thought by increasing the game difficulty to "Legendary", I might be able to balance it out, but not sure if it's working.

Any suggestions? I guess one route would be to start small at the lower levels, like 2 followers max. and keep adding by 1 every 5 levels.....

But anyways, thoughts?

I spoke too soon - the dialog menu is still scrolling too fast. I may have to tweak it down further.

Fyi - if anyone is interested, I traced the source of this problem - it's my middle mouse button. If I click it once within game, then it works fine without any tweaks. Wondering why that is the case - is there any configuration that is forcing the middle mouse button to become active on game launch? I can only think of the Dual Wield Parrying Block MCM configuration.

Edited by Pelleas

Guys, just wondering about this - if you have followers with you, do you have to get a hit in with a particular enemy for your player character to get some experience points out of that "kill". For example, if you and your followers are attacking a wolf or a bandit, what happens if your followers finish the job before you get a single hit in? Do you get 0 exp points?

The reason I ask is because I am a follower-hoarder, and like playing with like a "full-party" kind of an experience. So currently, I have a tank, 2 healers and thinking of adding 2 damage dealers - so this will be in addition to my central character, that's like 6 total characters tackling every wolf, bandit, whatever else is out there. I thought by increasing the game difficulty to "Legendary", I might be able to balance it out, but not sure if it's working.

Any suggestions? I guess one route would be to start small at the lower levels, like 2 followers max. and keep adding by 1 every 5 levels.....

But anyways, thoughts?

Others may not agree, but what I do is 1-15 Adept, 16-30 Expert, 31-45 Master,  46-60 Legendary.  At Level 61 I start raising the Skyrim Immersive Creatures difficulty from Adept up to Legendary when I think I need to raise the difficulty more.  SIC's difficulty goes on top of and expands the game difficulty.  Coupled with AAE and Wildcat and/or Smilodon this should be challenging enough for you.

As far as the followers and experience go, AFT had a feature called Follower Synergy you could toggle on and the followers would share a portion of their experience with you.  You could also place them on auto level or manual leveling (so you can choose what you want them to increase in).  I am not sure if iAFt has this as I haven't used it yet, but I'm sure it has similar settings.

Maybe I'm just tired after installing all the mods and doing the patches for three days. But I'm struggling with the bashed patch (Lame, I know!)

Everything is fine when I open Wrye Bash and click on rebuild the patch. I even disable manually the patches tagged with "nomerge" instead of letting the program handle the files.

In the next window, I'm supposed to keep the merge plugins option ticked. That's fine.

But when I look through the list of the mods that are to be merged, there are pretty much all of them listed, even those that are deactivated esp included in merged files I did before in the process with Merge Plugins standalone.

Is it correct that Wrye Bash is listing them to be merged, depite not being enabled? Should I untick those which are already in merged patches? (Which would be insane, tedious work, considering that they are not in order or sortable).

Is there a step I'm missing to set it up correctly?

I only noticed it all after my first bashed patch led to "Missing Masters" for the bashed patch. The second one worked fine, but I got the spinning logo and no menu problem. That's when I started to look closer at things. I have also doublechecked the necessary bash tags for the files.

I'm usually pretty good with following instructions and figuring stuff out, but right now I'm just p..... and freakin tired. I just want to play finally.

I tried to switch to Wrye Bash beta 1, but I get now a message I have too many mods (400+) which would cause problems, albeit I only have 247 active plugins. I should consider ghosting (which I have no clue about tbh).

Any help is deeply appreciated

Maybe I'm just tired after installing all the mods and doing the patches for three days. But I'm struggling with the bashed patch (Lame, I know!)

Everything is fine when I open Wrye Bash and click on rebuild the patch. I even disable manually the patches tagged with "nomerge" instead of letting the program handle the files.

In the next window, I'm supposed to keep the merge plugins option ticked. That's fine.

But when I look through the list of the mods that are to be merged, there are pretty much all of them listed, even those that are deactivated esp included in merged files I did before in the process with Merge Plugins standalone.

Is it correct that Wrye Bash is listing them to be merged, depite not being enabled? Should I untick those which are already in merged patches? (Which would be insane, tedious work, considering that they are not in order or sortable).

I only noticed it all after my first bashed patch led to "Missing Masters" for the bashed patch. The second one worked fine, but I got the spinning logo and no menu problem. That's when I started to look closer at things. I have also doublechecked the necessary bash tags for the files.

I'm usually pretty good with following instructions and figuring stuff out, but right now I'm just p..... and freakin tired. I just want to play finally.

I tried to switch to Wrye Bash beta 1, but I get now a message I have too many mods (400+) which would cause problems, albeit I only have 247 active plugins. I should consider ghosting (which I have no clue about tbh).

I additionally noticed that after finishing the Bashed Patch some of those plugins are reactivated (e.g. Vivid weathers.esp) despite used in merged patches and deactivated beforehand.

I hope I am understanding correctly.  So you start Wrye Bash with all plugins on the right side of MO2 activated.  You click on Build Patch.  Wrye pops up the window with the "mergable" esps in the top pane and those marked "no merge" in the bottom pane, correct? 

Now what you do is leave the items in the top pane checked and uncheck the items in the bottom pane and click ok/continue.  That is how you do it.  When Wrye is done it will show the items in the top pane with a green background and a "+" symbol.  Your "no merge" mods should still be checked and the mod name turned purple.

What I would do is delete your bashedpatch.esp and the docs folder from overwrite or whatever folder you have it in in MO2's left pane. Make sure all plug ins in the right pane are checked and run Wrye Bash again.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope I am understanding correctly.  So you start Wrye Bash with all plugins on the right side of MO2 activated.  You click on Build Patch.  Wrye pops up the window with the "mergable" esps in the top pane and those marked "no merge" in the bottom pane, correct? 

Now what you do is leave the items in the top pane checked and uncheck the items in the bottom pane and click ok/continue.  That is how you do it.  When Wrye is done it will show the items in the top pane with a green background and a "+" symbol.  Your "no merge" mods should still be checked and the mod name turned purple.

What I would do is delete your bashedpatch.esp and the docs folder from overwrite or whatever folder you have it in in MO2's left pane. Make sure all plug ins in the right pane are checked and run Wrye Bash again.

Let me know how it goes.

So just to make it clear: If I do as you said and finish the Bashed Patch, afterwards those Plugins that are in the top list won't be ticked/activated anymore, right? (Since they are part of the bashed patch)

I additionally noticed that after finishing the Bashed Patch some of those plugins are reactivated (e.g. Vivid weathers.esp) despite used in merged patches and deactivated beforehand.

Sounds to me that if Bash is picking up on those .esp's then they are still in the right pane of MO's system.  Make sure that when you made, for instance the animals merged merge, you then went back to your SRLE Extended LOTD profile moved the new ---animals merged mod  to the specified location, activated the mod in the left pane, then Deactivated all the mods that were merged into that mod in  the left pane.  Which removes them from the right pane making them unavailable to bash/skyrim, etc. 

That process is the case for most of the merges short of the few where asked to move .esp's to a new folder in MO/Mods and then deactivate only the new esp folder only leaving the mods themselves active. 

Long story short, after creating the new merge and activating it in your mods list, deactivated the merged mods, the .esps that were merged should not exist int the right pane of MO's plugins window.

Hope that made sense and was the root of the problem.

So just to make it clear: If I do as you said and finish the Bashed Patch, afterwards those Plugins that are in the top list won't be ticked/activated anymore, right? (Since they are part of the bashed patch)

No, the esps will not be ticked, they will have a green background with a plus sign in Wrye Bash's left pane and they will not be ticked anymore in MO2's right pane.

Edited by Kneph13

Sounds to me that if Bash is picking up on those .esp's then they are still in the right pane of MO's system.  Make sure that when you made, for instance the animals merged merge, you then went back to your SRLE Extended LOTD profile moved the new ---animals merged mod  to the specified location, activated the mod in the left pane, then Deactivated all the mods that were merged into that mod in  the left pane.  Which removes them from the right pane making them unavailable to bash/skyrim, etc. 

That process is the case for most of the merges short of the few where asked to move .esp's to a new folder in MO/Mods and then deactivate only the new esp folder only leaving the mods themselves active. 

Long story short, after creating the new merge and activating it in your mods list, deactivated the merged mods, the .esps that were merged should not exist int the right pane of MO's plugins window.

Hope that made sense and was the root of the problem.

Thank you for your help.

It seems to run much more stable now. So far no CTDs.

But I noticed while playing by the way the game is displayed, it hurts my eyes (becoming watery, too). Does that have anything to do with the ENB maybe? Or a too wide field of vision?

It seems I didn't have that problem the last time I got the game to work before I made the changes with your help.

My system: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (slightly overclocked, core clock:100 Mhz)

Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz

8 GB RAM

I ran through the guide the first time and it stuttered in exteriors (25-59 FPS in big cities, it would go up and down). I followed the guide with the texture sizes that you guys recommended.

I wonder should I download only 1k textures or split them somehow?

What is your recommendation?

Thank you. 

Thank you for your help.

It seems to run much more stable now. So far no CTDs.

But I noticed while playing by the way the game is displayed, it hurts my eyes (becoming watery, too). Does that have anything to do with the ENB maybe? Or a too wide field of vision?

It seems I didn't have that problem the last time I got the game to work before I made the changes with your help.

Try these settings if you haven't already, they are near the end of the guide. Maybe also try hitting Shift + F12 ingame to toggle the ENB's effects on and off to see what effect that has on you, possibly Shift + * to display Fps and see if there is any funkyness there? 

Vivid Weathers Merged enbseries.ini Tweaks

[EFFECT]

EnableDepthOfField=false (This is my personal preference as the DOF of Vividian ENB gives me eye ache.)EnableAmbientOcclusion=false (This option turns off Ambient Occlusion. This is a major FPS saver on my system - I got back approx 7 FPS.)EnableCloudShadows=false (This option will turn off cloud shadows on the ground. This is optional but will save about 3-5 FPS.)

If you still need more fps after that consider the performance version of Vividian ENB or even a completely different one.