SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

You should also mention that the Update file for "Improved closedfaced helmets - Patches" should not be merged into the main file, but it should be installed in a seperate mod. Unlike in your general installation rules stating at the beginning.

Otherwise the instructions on the merged page are slightly confusing and might require a reinstall of the aforementioned mods.

The guide mentions that we don't have to change the bash tags for the LOTD patches merged file, provided we use the original one and don't ake one of our own.

In Wrye Bash this file has only a RELEV tag. Yet in the "idiots guide" you mention we need 5 tags in total.

Which one is now the correct setting?

For the Merges:

Is it enough to put the master esps in front of the merges, or should I run the list through LOOT all the time beforehand? Sometimes LOOT puts the to-be-merged esps in different orders again.

You should run loot prior to making the merges, because Merge Plugins Standalone will need to load masters ir order to build the merge. Sometimes a master plugin is, in its turn, a child of another plugin and having them in the wrong order will cause Merge Plugins to output an error message and it won't let you merge before you fix the plugin order, so it's better to have that fixed beforehand. That being said, my procedure is to drag all the plugins to be merged to the bottom of the right pane and order them as in the guide's merge page - that way you make sure that no masters will be loaded between the esp's to be merged, which would again prevent you from merging. So, in short: 1) run loot and fix your load order; 2) place the plugins to merge last and in the order you'll want them to take in the merge; 3) check for errors and build the merge.

You should also mention that the Update file for "Improved closedfaced helmets - Patches" should not be merged into the main file, but it should be installed in a seperate mod. Unlike in your general installation rules stating at the beginning.

Otherwise the instructions on the merged page are slightly confusing and might require a reinstall of the aforementioned mods.

The instructions on the main page refer to a different "merge" than the ones on the merges page. The latter are about merging plugins, the former are about keeping the mod's files all in one folder in Mod Organizer. In the Improved Closedfaced Helmets mod, the Apophysis meshes are located inside a folder (50 Apophysis) that isn't installed by the FOMOD run by Mod Organizer. The whole mod comes in a BAIN folder structure, meaning each of the numbered folders contains files correctly organized to be read by the game. If you installed them with a BAIN-ready program like Wrye Bash, selecting the folders you want will have their contents copied to the Data folder. In Mod Organizer this is possible with some mods, but since this one also has a FOMOD installer, that takes precedence and the installer overlooks the apophysis meshes for some reason, so you install that manually by installing again the same mod (ICH patches) but, instead of running the FOMOD, you tell Mod Organizer to install files manually and select the folder 50 Apophysis as your data folder. If you leave the mod name exactly the same as on the first install, when you ran the fomod, MO will then ask you if you want to merge the mods, or replace, etc... Replacing will erase the previous files and place the new ones there instead - that is NOT what you want. Merging, in this case, means simply that MO will copy the files into the mod's folder without touching what's already there. If there are files with the same filenames, though, they will be overwritten, which is useful, for example, if you want to install a hotfix - just give the same mod name, choose merge and let the hotfix files overwrite the original ones. In this case, I think it will simply add the missing Apophysis meshes to the ICH mod folder. It's just as if you manually copied the '50 Apophysis' folder's contents into the ICH folder located inside 'Mod Organizer/mods'.

The guide mentions that we don't have to change the bash tags for the LOTD patches merged file, provided we use the original one and don't ake one of our own.

In Wrye Bash this file has only a RELEV tag. Yet in the "idiots guide" you mention we need 5 tags in total.

Which one is now the correct setting?

I always do my own merge because of some changes I make to the mods I install, and I add the five tags. I don't really know, then, what's the case with the original merge, but I'd trust the "idiot's check" towards the bottom of the guide, before building the bashed patch, to have the correct bash tags.

Edited by godescalcus

The instructions on the main page refer to a different "merge" than the ones on the merges page. The latter are about merging plugins, the former are about keeping the mod's files all in one folder in Mod Organizer. In the Improved Closedfaced Helmets mod, the Apophysis meshes are located inside a folder (50 Apophysis) that isn't installed by the FOMOD run by Mod Organizer. The whole mod comes in a BAIN folder structure, meaning each of the numbered folders contains files correctly organized to be read by the game. If you installed them with a BAIN-ready program like Wrye Bash, selecting the folders you want will have their contents copied to the Data folder. In Mod Organizer this is possible with some mods, but since this one also has a FOMOD installer, that takes precedence and the installer overlooks the apophysis meshes for some reason, so you install that manually by installing again the same mod (ICH patches) but, instead of running the FOMOD, you tell Mod Organizer to install files manually and select the folder 50 Apophysis as your data folder. If you leave the mod name exactly the same as on the first install, when you ran the fomod, MO will then ask you if you want to merge the mods, or replace, etc... Replacing will erase the previous files and place the new ones there instead - that is NOT what you want. Merging, in this case, means simply that MO will copy the files into the mod's folder without touching what's already there. If there are files with the same filenames, though, they will be overwritten, which is useful, for example, if you want to install a hotfix - just give the same mod name, choose merge and let the hotfix files overwrite the original ones. In this case, I think it will simply add the missing Apophysis meshes to the ICH mod folder. It's just as if you manually copied the '50 Apophysis' folder's contents into the ICH folder located inside 'Mod Organizer/mods'.

Thank you for the reply.

I understand and know that this is a different type of merging in the two parts of the guides.

I rather meant this: The second file for ICH (ICH patches) is marked as UPDATE, which means, following the instructions at the beginning of the guide, this update is merged into the main file. But when we build the merged file (in the other merge plugins section) later, we only need the esps and files that are added by the patch file, not the main one. Therefore it might be easier to keep it a seperate mod file, which can be unmarked after merging (again: in the merge plugins section) more easily.

When I do the merges, I usually place the masters at the top of the list manually and then the to-be-merged files last (without running LOOT). The merges work properly all the time, I never get any error messages. Do you think I should still redo them with running LOOT first for each one?

Edited by spartanflame

I have missing textures for the arcane enchanters in dungeons (e.g. in Kilkreath Ruins or in Anise's cabin's cellar).

Does anyone know which mod is providing the textures for the enchanting tables in dungeons?

For "Rustic Alchemy and Enchanting tables" we are supposed not to install the dungeons folder.

I'd just like to check if I forgot something or my load order is incorrect. Everything else is currently running fairly smoothly.

I have missing textures for the arcane enchanters in dungeons (e.g. in Kilkreath Ruins or in Anise's cabin's cellar).

Does anyone know which mod is providing the textures for the enchanting tables in dungeons?

For "Rustic Alchemy and Enchanting tables" we are supposed not to install the dungeons folder.

I'd just like to check if I forgot something or my load order is incorrect. Everything else is currently running fairly smoothly.

not for Rustic Alchemy you install everythinng that is why you have missing textures

THank you.

If that is true though, you should check the instruction guide. Because it clearly states that we should not install the dungeon folder.

no I am wrong the textures in Rustic Alchemy dungeon folder0 covers candle textures which you don't need. Check to see if anything is overwriting RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES.

Hi, I'm about halfway through the guide, and was installing XP32 Maximum Skeleton, obviously an important mod. However, the guide seems to be just a little out of date, as the mod page has a new update: 4.31, released on the 18th of April. This new update has some different options on the FOMOD installer, and so I'm just wondering if I should just stick with the old 3.94 update, or if I should use the new update, what options I should select in the FOMOD installer.

Thanks

Hi, I'm about halfway through the guide, and was installing XP32 Maximum Skeleton, obviously an important mod. However, the guide seems to be just a little out of date, as the mod page has a new update: 4.31, released on the 18th of April. This new update has some different options on the FOMOD installer, and so I'm just wondering if I should just stick with the old 3.94 update, or if I should use the new update, what options I should select in the FOMOD installer.

Thanks

The skeleton for SSE was updated as well and it's a little different. I don't know about the classic skyrim version but my advice for now would be to NOT use the update. The previous version should still be available in the download page so use that, you won't be missing anything important. People have reported incompatibilities with DSR in the special edition, so until things are sorted out and the new version is deemed stable, stick with the old and proven ;)