SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hi again, for the conflict resolution, should I be installing

SRLE Extended LOTD - CR Update for 1.59.1 (TESTING) ?

When opening the dropbox link, it says 'link not found' with a 404 error on the page, so IDK if it was taken down or what?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Hi again, for the conflict resolution, should I be installing

SRLE Extended LOTD - CR Update for 1.59.1 (TESTING) ?

When opening the dropbox link, it says 'link not found' with a 404 error on the page, so IDK if it was taken down or what?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

It is included in the lastest version of the main CR on NEXUS

Quick question:
I found a mod/plugin list of you build on Modwat.ch, which dates back to February.

Why is my mod list (right panel in MO) far from similar after having LOOT run through it? (e.g. having Alternate start somehwer in the middle of the list or the merged patches all bunched at the end still)

I checked an double checked every manual metarules entry. Still my list looks completely different.

Any ideas on that? Could something have gone wrong while installing/initializing LOOT? I tried to redownload LOOT's masterlist with no apparent difference.

Eventually I edited my load order manually to match yours, as far as that's possible.

Still I can't get over the fact that my LOOT order should look so different from yours.

For Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls the guide tells us not to install "FHH_LEGENDARY_VE_USLEEP.esp".

Is that only for the main file or the optional one "....USLEEP_SS", too?

Just asking, since both have the same esp included, and the guide is ambiguous there.

Also, do we really need the optional (SS) file, since we are not using the SkySights Skins mod in the build?

Edited by spartanflame

For Followers, Hirelings and Housecarls the guide tells us not to install "FHH_LEGENDARY_VE_USLEEP.esp".

Is that only for the main file or the optional one "....USLEEP_SS", too?

Just asking, since both have the same esp included, and the guide is ambiguous there.

Also, do we really need the optional (SS) file, since we are not using the SkySights Skins mod in the build?

I ran into this question for myself and found that the FHH_LEGENDARY_VE_USLEEP.esp shows later in the merge 

[sRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retexture Merged] 

In the NPC RETEXTURE section of the build page. So the answer is to delete it from both and allow the merge to provide that .esp ....

I ran into this question for myself and found that the FHH_LEGENDARY_VE_USLEEP.esp shows later in the merge 

[sRLE Extended LOTD - NPC Retexture Merged] 

In the NPC RETEXTURE section of the build page. So the answer is to delete it from both and allow the merge to provide that .esp ....

I read that too, just making sure. Although I'm still not quite sure why we need the SS file, since we're not suing SkySights Skins.

Anyways, I have one question about the ddsOpt steps for Falskaar, Helgen and Immersive Weapons. In the STEP guide, the various graphics are redone in 2k and 1k resolutions. Are we supposed to follow that guide and use those resolutions? Or are we supposed to change them all in 8x8k? Which seems kinda excessive to me, since most graphics we use are 2k (maybe some 4k).

I've been following the guide as closely as possible, checking and rechecking everything, and still get various CTD during MCM registration and after switching cells (e.g. fast travelling, tried coc and could reporoduce most of those crashes).

I found some info about trouble with DynDOLOD and Relinker on different boards. Any insight here?

Also, if I were to add mods like Skyshards, some cheat items, maybe some basic SL stuff (like SOS, amorous adventures). Should I first get the system running completely and then add them or could I get them introduced right away? And most importantly where in my mod orders (left and right).

As I wrote before, LOOT is spewing completely different load orders than the modwat.ch I found (https://modwat.ch/u/Darth_mathias/plugins), despite me adding all the required meta data.

I read that too, just making sure. Although I'm still not quite sure why we need the SS file, since we're not suing SkySights Skins.

Anyways, I have one question about the ddsOpt steps for Falskaar, Helgen and Immersive Weapons. In the STEP guide, the various graphics are redone in 2k and 1k resolutions. Are we supposed to follow that guide and use those resolutions? Or are we supposed to change them all in 8x8k? Which seems kinda excessive to me, since most graphics we use are 2k (maybe some 4k).

I've been following the guide as closely as possible, checking and rechecking everything, and still get various CTD during MCM registration and after switching cells (e.g. fast travelling, tried coc and could reporoduce most of those crashes).

I found some info about trouble with DynDOLOD and Relinker on different boards. Any insight here?

Also, if I were to add mods like Skyshards, some cheat items, maybe some basic SL stuff (like SOS, amorous adventures). Should I first get the system running completely and then add them or could I get them introduced right away? And most importantly where in my mod orders (left and right).

As I wrote before, LOOT is spewing completely different load orders than the modwat.ch I found (https://modwat.ch/u/Darth_mathias/plugins), despite me adding all the required meta data.

8k x 8k is merely a cap. Where you see it in the guide it means you should use the first set of constraints configurations displayed in the step guide.  It means that DDSOpt will only DOWNSAMPLE textures that have a higher resolution. Using such a high cap usually has the effect that DDSOpt will not downsample any textures at all. What we're trying to achieve with texture optimization is to have the texture file better organized in order to be as small as possible, with no redundancy, and thus load faster. If you notice the rest of the settings, all have lossless compression as well. It's not about reducing quality to gain performance, but optimizing for performance without loss of quality.

I use Skyshards myself, mostly without issues, although I've had occasionally CTD's when absorbing. I think the mod borrows animations from dragon soul absorption and those are modded in this build, so I don't know if they play exactly as the mod expects. Try it, test it, it should be mostly ok. Another "cheat" that I used was Haven Bag, without any issue. Actually the haven bag cell became my most stable cell for saving games, but I've since given up on it for a more role-play experience.

As for LL mods, I would note that this is a pretty script-heavy build already. If you're comfortable with the risk of adding even more heavily scripted mods and havok animations, go ahead but I wouldn't start adding stuff until you have a perfectly stable build. As with any mod, there can be conflicts with other mods in the guide that you'll have to resolve. Mods that alter quests and dialogue can conflict with other mods that do the same. Add mods one by one, check each mod for conflicts in xEdit, patch if necessary and test run it before adding another mod.

Finally, I've never looked at the modwat.ch list. Just follow the guide, set metadata, run loot and go with what it gives. Loot calculates the load order using an algorithm, not simply by comparing with a master list. Your "lootified" load order will depend on what mods you have installd - if you have diverged from the guide, either by leaving some mods out or adding others, loot may come up with very different results. Check if you have left out mods that are used by the guide to set "load after" rules - if you have, you may have to set a different rule using another mod that's usually positioned not far from the one you left out. By all means set your own rules for added stuff, read extensively the description to foresee possible conflicts and try to let loot run the show. If I disagree with loot, I prefer to set more rules until I get what I think is best, rather than manually moving plugins around and especially rather than using MO's "lock load order" feature, that will only mess everything up.

Edited by godescalcus

The recent loss of NXM support for MO1 unfortunately makes this guide quite a bit more tedious to install and breaks update notification functionality. Moving to MO2 would fix this, but I am unsure how much this guide would need to be modified to account for losing the BSA management feature with MO2. At a minimum I know OVT requires the BSA loading, and it means that the various dummy plugins must be kept. I am out of my depth when it comes to the BSA/loose-file priority changes however. For now I am just manually downloading from the Nexus but it is definitely making it more of a grind.

Edited by BurritoJustice

I have not tested this out but MO2 should Run Classic Skyrim now. The loss of BSA Management isn't that big of a deal cos LOOSE Files will win conflicts over BSA's

I also thought that was the case until I read the post made by Tannin himself, here (scroll down for his reply): https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5033-ramifications-of-bsa-extraction-in-mod-organizer/

Even out of context his post is still a good read, so I quote it in full:

Regarding BSA extraction in MO: I've decided to move this functionality into a plugin that will by default be disabled. This means an advanced user who wants BSA extraction can enabled it and use it as he always has whereas someone who doesn't know about BSA extraction will not be confronted with the choice at all.

Regarding BSA order vs Loose order in MO:

• MO totally "messes up" this concept, just throw out everything you've read about BSA vs. loose order, it doesn't apply to MO.  In MO, (if you check all bsas in the archives tab) all BSAs are registered BUT if a BSA has higher installation order than a loose file that loose file doesn't appear in the VFSThis means assets are effectively loaded in installation order no matter which format they are in!
  • This also means that no matter if you extract BSAs or not, the bsa order will never be automatically matched to your plugin order!
  • Therefore you have to have to have to follow MOs suggested installation order in the warnings window (Potential mod order problems) to ensure a stable game.

When I suggested I might remove BSA extraction I was also thinking of removing the behaviour in 1, because then we could drop mod order suggestions as well -> loose one feature, get rid of one issue, drop tons of complicated and confusing functionality.

More BSA Pros:

• Better performance (a lot of files also slows down game startup, especially when using MO)
  • Less disk usage (because BSAs can be compressed)
  • Faster installation (you save yourself the extraction step)
  • Removes user-control (yes, this is a good thing, at least for mod authors and myself ;) )

I always tried to be guided by reason... If the critic base has the better arguments then they're who I'll listen to.

What I don't know is whether he did take down the installation order behaviour like he mentioned, or not.

The recent loss of NXM support for MO1 unfortunately makes this guide quite a bit more tedious to install and breaks update notification functionality. Moving to MO2 would fix this, but I am unsure how much this guide would need to be modified to account for losing the BSA management feature with MO2. At a minimum I know OVT requires the BSA loading, and it means that the various dummy plugins must be kept. I am out of my depth when it comes to the BSA/loose-file priority changes however. For now I am just manually downloading from the Nexus but it is definitely making it more of a grind.

In the light of how I currently see the bsa extraction subject, it isn't such a big problem since I won't be extracting anything except what needs to be extracted, where the guide calls for special handling of assets (optimization, deletion of specific files, merging, etc). You can use BSAOpt for those extractions and it also allows you to repack files to bsa, although I never used that feature. BAE also still handles legendary skyrim .bsa format, if you want a quick tool just for extracting.

As for downloads, I never used that feature of MO... I download manually from nexus and keep the downloaded files manually classified with an index, inside folders which also have an index so that I can find them instantly when I need them. Keeping the same index in MO's mods and using empty mod as "separators" makes it even easier to find everything quickly, especially in complex merges. Call me OCD if you like, but I won't miss MO's downloads since I've never used it.

0Cmallu.jpgnQseo3N.jpgASJUR5K.jpg

You'll have to make a decision. MO2 or Vortex. I'm having a bit of a fiddle with Vortex at the moment and will see if all plays nice.

There's also Wrye Bash ;) 

Edited by godescalcus

Nexus issued a Security update for Nexus Mod Manager https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/news/13481 due to new UK Regs coming into force in a few weeks time.

this update however broke MO but there is an update to to MO2 coming soon you can grab the pre-relased from there discord channel I have.

Just so everyone knows MO1 is likely to remain broken as in you can't use the "download with Manager options" but you still should be able to download manually and install that way.