SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I don't have much experience in modding but i really wanted to try this modding guide. Should i try this even if i have issues with it cause i'm not much experienced in modding or should i try first the original skyrim revisited guide?

I'd definitely recommend this guide over the older one. I'm also completely new to modding and I started with the older guide, only to realize some stuff was outdated and confusing. I felt that this guide was very organized, up-to-date, and helpful even for complete beginners. As long as you read very carefully and follow the directions, everything should generally work out. The only thing to be aware of is that it does take a lot of time and hard drive space to get through it all. I started about two weeks ago and I'm still working my way through, and after installing all the mods, it's taken around 70GB of space, plus an additional 37GB for the compressed mod downloads (you can delete the downloads if you need to, but it could be helpful to leave them in case you want to reinstall without downloading them again).

Also, use Mod Organizer 2 from the zip file, not the installer! I used the installer only to realize towards the end that I needed the zip file version to use one of the tools, Merge Plugins.

Also, use Mod Organizer 2 from the zip file, not the installer!

Legendrodrigo and Hawkpath Hi! On the prereq. page it says to use MO 1.3.15, but use MO 2, due to security updates and compliance Nexus has implemented, you cannot use the mod manager download link with MO 1.3.15...you have to use manual...no big issue if you chose to stay on MO 1.3.15. Should you chose MO 2, be aware that it cannot be installed in your steamapps/common/skyrim folder. It needs to be installed outside of it..i.e E: Skyrim/steamapps/common folder or in it's own folder on your game drive. It is a slightly different beast to it's predecessor and info can be found on the web page or Lexy's LOTD special edition prereq. page..https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE_Prerequisites. Hope this helps and happy modding...PS just take your time and read the instructions for this guide, it's pretty bullet proof as it is, if you don't add on top of this build(which may require bug fixing). It's a great way to learn modding, thanks to our Grand master Neovalen and Masters Darth/Lexy...happy modding

Edited by berndaroy
  • +1 1

Legendrodrigo and Hawkpath Hi! On the prereq. page it says ...

Thanks for the extra info! I've been using legendary edition guide so I never got to see that part. I was pretty confused when the mod manager download links stopped working!

Legendrodrigo and Hawkpath Hi! On the prereq. page it says to use MO 1.3.15, but use MO 2, due to security updates and compliance Nexus has implemented, you cannot use the mod manager download link with MO 1.3.15...you have to use manual...no big issue if you chose to stay on MO 1.3.15. Should you chose MO 2, be aware that it cannot be installed in your steamapps/common/skyrim folder. It needs to be installed outside of it..i.e E: Skyrim/steamapps/common folder or in it's own folder on your game drive. It is a slightly different beast to it's predecessor and info can be found on the web page or Lexy's LOTD special edition prereq. page..https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE_Prerequisites. Hope this helps and happy modding...PS just take your time and read the instructions for this guide, it's pretty bullet proof as it is, if you don't add on top of this build(which may require bug fixing). It's a great way to learn modding, thanks to our Grand master Neovalen and Masters Darth/Lexy...happy modding

Wasn't there a similar issue if Mod Organizer is installed in the Steam path? I know the Skyrim folder is absolutely out of the question because Mod Organizer can run into issues finding files, but I though AL12 or Silarn had found similar issues with Mod Organizer installed in the Steam folder and recommended installing it in its own folder outside Steam.

I'm finishing up the merges section (Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhall section), and I just ran into my first error in Immersive College of Winterhold.esp, saying for a few different cells "Found a MESG reference, expected: REGN" (full error log). Can anyone help me with how to fix this? I tried the built-in "resolve errors" prompt in Merge Plugins, but I'm either not using it correctly or it's not doing what I need it to.

Another question, in the Weapons and Armor Merge, there is an idiot check which says "Make sure All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp have been removed using Wrye Bash before creating this merged mod." I've been really confused about bash tags this entire guide because as far as I could find, there was no explanation about how to edit them. I just skipped the parts about bash tags because I figured it'd come at the end. How should I go about doing this part?

just to clarify some incorrect info. MO 1.3.15 works perfectly without any download issues.  It can be found on the MO2 Nexus page.

Mcshame thank you for the clarification....wasn't aware that this issue had been addressed...goes to show if you are not on top of this every day things fly under the radar so to speak.

Wasn't there a similar issue if Mod Organizer is installed in the Steam path? I know the Skyrim folder is absolutely out of the question because Mod Organizer can run into issues finding files, but I though AL12 or Silarn had found similar issues with Mod Organizer installed in the Steam folder and recommended installing it in its own folder outside Steam.

Greg hi! I sort of remember something similar (memory not what it was), but that it still reflected on Lexy's preq.page as such,thought that this was addressed. Though i have SE installed to the point of having to just run bash etc, i determined to finish this play through to the bitter end....otherwise end up on the never ending true game of modding and not playing.....Legendrodrigo and Hawkpath, go with Greg's advise and install MO2 in it's own folder.....from MO2 sticky post...- MO2 should not be installed in the game folder as it can cause issues with the vfs(Virtual File System)..Thanks guys, good to know help is there with faulty info.

Edited by berndaroy

Question now that I have the guide installed successfully.  As I will be doing a collector playthrough, I will likely get frustrated on being over encumbered.  I know requiem has a setting to reduce items weights, is there a mod in this build that provides that function?  Or do I need to add a mod?

Thx 

Mcshame hi! If you don't mind a "cheat mod" and i use that term lightly, then install Levelers Tower mod esm version. It has a button in the lab section that can increase your carrying ability in fractions, i.e x10 x100 etc. I love this mod as it a great house mod as well, besides if you have started this game a zillion times, it allows you to establish a character from a chosen level, skill etc to start exploring this world without the tedious having to build skills, level up etc. Lastly it gives you a spell for a dimensional chest to carry all those found items with NO weight restrictions.....enjoy!!

How's the compatibility and where do you put the esp? I don't really want a cheat mod, just cheat on the weight ;). Perhaps there is a lighter version just for that. Just wasn't sure if one of the million mods in this build already had a feature.

Question now that I have the guide installed successfully.  As I will be doing a collector playthrough, I will likely get frustrated on being over encumbered.  I know requiem has a setting to reduce items weights, is there a mod in this build that provides that function?  Or do I need to add a mod?

Thx 

I've found that there are already ways to navigate my pack ratting needs included.  Such as crafting packs with the bandoliers mod to increase carry weight by quite a bit, also the Sofia follower has a storage option if you have her along, when you have access to the safe house in the legacy museum you can select the option of a spell to access storage.  Also there are a few spells in the conjuration school to summon storage chests along with a few discoverable items that can do the same.  Followers in general can share your load as well as horses too I think can, though I haven't used that option yet myself.

Mcshame Hi! Nexus lists it as a "cheat mod".....but it is so much more then that. No issue compatibility wise. As said you have an esm and esp versions of the mod. I prefer the esm..more stable. In left pane of MO i have it near the bottom and LOOT places it up with the esm's. If you use it for the weight only, it's still worth it. The author has made this mod with different titles from Morrowind days through Oblivion, Skyrim and now Skyrim SE. He is well respected and you won't be disappointed.....create a new profile and load a new game with it only. Head to Riverwood from the Helgen cave with Hadvar and you will see it on your left..Dwemer Tower. Go in and see it's SO MUCH MORE and then decide if it's for you.....LOTD Deno's back pack will help as well besides those suggestions by Sirgeoff above post

Edited by berndaroy

Hi guys!

So, I've been modding my Skyrim with this awesome guide for 3 days (I think) and now I'm at the merge part of it.

My doubts are the following.
What should I do with the single plugins after I merge them? Should I delete them or untick the mod on the left pane? If I should untick, wouldn't that make bathing in skyrim and other mods stop working because there are many files installed with the esps?
How do I move esps to optional tabs?

How do I copy and paste esps and folders into new merges?
As you can see, I am really confused about that part. Is there any video guide or something like that to help me?

Sorry for the n00b questions, I've never merged files while modding.

Another noob question.

At the conflict resolution chapter there are two files to be downloaded and a subguide to read.

Should I download both files and do all those edits on the subguide or the subguide just shows what you have done so far?

Thanks in advance.

When you create a merge the Assets (sou all the texture meshes and scripts) are forwarded in the new merge so once a mod is mereg untick them in the left pane of MO.

copy and paste liek any Windows file outside of MO

Download both files you don't need to go through the CR Subguide it really old and very very out of date.