SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey guys,

Could you tell me why I need the  bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 in the Skyrim.ini file?  ( The result of unchecking the 'Automatic Archive Invalidation' box in MO as the SRLE LoTD guide tells us to do )

The reason I'm asking is because, I'm using MO2 v2.1.3.  I just confirmed with the MO2 build team that the MO2 plugin 'INI Bakery' that comes with MO2 is set to ALWAYS change bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 regardless of what the checkbox says.  No one knows why it's doing that btw, could be a bug or by design.

Thanks,

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Hey guys, forgive me for any nistakes as im on mobile. Is this where i would ask for help with installing SRLE Ex LOTD? I not i apologize again and ask to be pointed there.

Ive booted up Skyrim twice now on a fresh install of this guide and both times had a CTD. The first during the title sequence if a vanilla game start, the second while customizing my character in the LAL start room.

Are there any steps i can take to narrow down what might be goingn wrong? Or anything i can do to help you guys help me?

Thanks for any responses.

To add to this, first, apologies for the terrible spelling errors.  I'm now on my PC so those shouldn't be a problem anymore. :\

I've gone through and made sure my load order and modlist are identical to the one provided by the guide.  I'm still crashing during character creation with no apparent cause, except that a certain amount of time passes and then I CTD (dunno if the time is fixed, but there's nothing else going on that I can tell.)

Adding my specs in case they are relevant:

HP Pavilion Laptop

Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 GHz

12 GB Ram

Intel Dedicated GPU, w/:

- Intel HD Graphics 520 (this card used when not gaming)

- Nvidia GeForce 940MX

*2010 MB VRAM, w/ 6088 MB shared, for 8099 MB total

Windows 10 OS, 64bit

I am wondering now if perhaps the video card shared memory thing is an issue? I notice that ENB reads my full amount of shared memory; could it be that between using shared ram and for the graphics and standard ram for everything else that it's causing me to crash at a certain point?  No idea if this is what it could be, just a shot in the dark.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd really like this ultimate version of Skyrim to be playable, and I've never been able to get one of these guides to work in the past.  Damnit, I want it to work this time :(

ETA: One last thing,I also had numerous SKSE ini's in my overwrite folder, which I moved to the SRLE Profile mod.  I didn't see these mentioned in the guide, could they be causing problems?

Edited by Dex7491

Seems going through each one as I rebuild them and leaving the esp's of the source mods visible is doing it. I guess I just messed up last time.

And it was going so well. It seems the hiccup I hit is at the Miscellaneous Merge. The problem is, even after removing that merge, Relinker keeps throwing up the original error.

At this point I'm at a loss except to either keep trying or give up on relinking in the first place.

Hi, I was looking through this forum and the mod guide but couldn't find any estimations of hardware requirements just the hardware of the maintainers. Can anyone let me know an estimation of what kind of hardware you need to get over 60fps or if my system would be capable?

Specs: 

• CPU: i5 760 @ 3.0 GHz
  • Ram: 8GB (4x2) 1600MHz
  • GPU: GTX 760 2GB
  • Storage: 256GB SSD (drive skyrim is on)

Hi, I was looking through this forum and the mod guide but couldn't find any estimations of hardware requirements just the hardware of the maintainers. Can anyone let me know an estimation of what kind of hardware you need to get over 60fps or if my system would be capable?

Specs: 

• CPU: i5 760 @ 3.0 GHz
  • Ram: 8GB (4x2) 1600MHz
  • GPU: GTX 760 2GB
  • Storage: 256GB SSD (drive skyrim is on)

With only 2GB of VRam, you will struggle with this guide. the guide is targetted for 4GB cards and higher

Hey guys, this would be my final attempt at a fix.

On the advice of another mod forum I tried removing LAL to see if that would increase my stability. It didn’t stop the crashing. I used xEdit to remove LAL from the patch and also had to remove Relic Hunter from my bashed patch manually (for some reason it wouldn’t remove it on its own). Below I’m linking my specs and Modwatch.

https://modwat.ch/u/Dex7491/plugins

https://pastebin.com/zUARTDi1

It is indeed a 2GB vram caes with shared ram of up to 8GB. Any other ideas?

Hey guys, this would be my final attempt at a fix.

On the advice of another mod forum I tried removing LAL to see if that would increase my stability. It didn’t stop the crashing. I used xEdit to remove LAL from the patch and also had to remove Relic Hunter from my bashed patch manually (for some reason it wouldn’t remove it on its own). Below I’m linking my specs and Modwatch.

https://modwat.ch/u/Dex7491/plugins

https://pastebin.com/zUARTDi1

It is indeed a 2GB vram caes with shared ram of up to 8GB. Any other ideas?

You could try using ordenador to reduce all textures to 1K or just hand pick any texture mods that have resolution bigger than 1K.

I've been there and I know the struggle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

You could try using ordenador to reduce all textures to 1K or just hand pick any texture mods that have resolution bigger than 1K.

Just curious, if I did this it would not reduce anything below 1k any further would it? If not then I will definitely try this. Thanks.

I just completed modding my Skyrim in accordance with this guide and wanted to stop by and say "thank you" to everyone involved; be it by creating the mods, making the guide and maintaining it or being helpful on this forum.

I gotta admit that I feel a sense of achievement and pride just by getting the game to run, because the guide sure looked daunting in the eyes of a modding-beginner  :lol:  

Cheers

Actually, two more:

Is it feasible to try running either this guide or the SE version with a GTX 770 2GB? Not planning to run most of the graphics mods, just a lightweight ENB like Phinix Natural(The Truth ENB on SSE I believe)

How being of a difference do you guys find between Complete Enemy Overhaul and Advanced Adversary Encounters? I tried researching for some comparisons, and maybe its just a failure in my google-fu, but I found next to nothing. A couple of comparisons with Revenge of the Enemies, but not much else D:

Other than Wheels of Lull, the SE edition is just looking...more and more glorious.

no seriously, I am one of the dumbasses still not modding Skyrim because Wheels of Lull ain't updated on SE yet.

Anyone here have a sacrificial goat or two perchance? No? Worth a shot >3>

Just a dumb question from someone who never tried to use Ordenador (but read about it and thought)... Why would you use Ordenador when DDSOpt is so much better and this guide even tells to use it when optimizing Beth's textures, Falskaar, Helgen Reborn, etc? Here's an example thread discussing both (there are many threads on this): https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2vtn9m/ddsopt_vs_optimizer_textures/

I had quick question. I assume that the guide will be updated to have the AIO Arthville mod instead of the separate plugins once the patches are updated and tested, but does this mean that you plan on adding addtional mods to take up those plugin spaces or just leave it as is?

Who knows? ;) But the guide is considered to be in a finished state and now is mainly being maintained for mod updates, etc... There is a greater effort being directed towards advancing the SSE guide. Users can (and always could) make their own changes, taking care to resolve any conflicts with the new mods they add.