High Poly Project (by LucidAP)

Fantomax

High Poly Project by LucidAPs

As the title says, it enhances meshes in Skyrim by adding more polys (very high compared to vanilla) to various meshes, making them 'smoother' (well, this is what the author claims)

Yes, I know there's SMIM already, but (I think, haven't examined this carefully) this mod covers what SMIM doesn't (If not, why create it then?) Also, it is compactible.

• 1 year later...

It definitely makes the meshes smoother, the only potential issue is that it does it with a flat subdivision, which results in a LOT of extra unneeded polygons for all the meshes, rather then just adding them where its needed to smooth them out. Where SMIM actually redoes a lot of the meshes and optimizes as it goes, this just flat doubles the poly count, sometimes an insane amount more.

It definitely makes the meshes look a lot better, not doubting that at all, but there's also a lot of wasted performance here as well which is something that may need to be kept in mind when looking at this for STEP as far as value vs cost goes.

His diabella edit for example has 163441 verts (~30k polygons), as opposed to vanilla which has 741 (under 2k polygons). Heres a screenshot comparison of the two models, both with and without wireframe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f48h1rqv3uoah5m/Screenshot%202017-09-14%2013.33.01.png

I'll be looking at this for my personal SSE guide, but whether or not this would be STEP territory would be dependent upon any potential performance impact using the minimum system requirements listed on the Guide.

This would mean testing this on a system with stats as close to the below as possible:

• Core i3 or equivalent dual core processor
  • GTX 660 2GB VRAM or Radeon HD 7850 2GB VRAM (desktop versions)

To test, simple go to an empty interior and start dropping a lot of items in via the console. If you reach, say around 250 objects dropped without impact, then the mod is good there. Repeat for exterior in a town and and drop around 100. If no impact is detected, then it'll likely be fine for STEP.

I'm sure it wouldn't have any impact on our systems, Sixxness.

It covers many items not done by SMIM and the mod author accepts requests. The statues are only 1 on screen and large items, the increase polygons is probably unnoticable in performance for the majority of people, if any. 

He doesn't. Or, actually, the mod is abandoned, and has been or a long time. The guy doesn't even respond to any comments anymore (or, well, last time I checked months ago), and when I asked him directly via a PM, he admitted to not being interested in working on it anymore.

So much wasted potential.

Guess we will have to try to bug brumbek long enough to add more stuff to SMIM.

Almost regretting selling my old rig now as that would have been perfect for STEP testing which is really close to what I had. I can put a callout on the skyrimmods subreddit for anyone with a PC with specs close to that to help with testing, not just this mod but mods in general, if you like and theres none of the STEP regulars who have a PC with such specs.

Almost regretting selling my old rig now as that would have been perfect for STEP testing which is really close to what I had. I can put a callout on the skyrimmods subreddit for anyone with a PC with specs close to that to help with testing, not just this mod but mods in general, if you like and theres none of the STEP regulars who have a PC with such specs.

Sure, if they want to install the guide and keep a pure STEP profile available for to help with testing. We can set up anyone willing to help with mod testing as a Mod Tester group on the forums. This will give them access to a staff forum that they can use, if they need any more personalized help from more experienced members of the staff.

He doesn't. Or, actually, the mod is abandoned, and has been or a long time. The guy doesn't even respond to any comments anymore (or, well, last time I checked months ago), and when I asked him directly via a PM, he admitted to not being interested in working on it anymore.

So much wasted potential.

Guess we will have to try to bug brumbek long enough to add more stuff to SMIM.

He does. The mod for vanilla may have been abandoned, although the SE version is updated every few days and is still being improved. This forum needs a SE section to not cause such confusion. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12029/?

Vanilla was last updated a year ago, and is 16MB

Special Edition was updated two days ago, and is 53MB

Edited by Sixxness