Pretty Much Vanilla Skyrim

Pretty Much Vanilla Skyrim

A guide for those of you that were bitten by the modding bug so you that cannot play the game because it isn't perfect.

By Hishy

This is a Skyrim modding guide that was created from my current load order. I never actually played Skyrim because I had to keep modding it since it wasn't absolutely perfect.

I guess this was because I know a thing or two which made me feel that I had to fix everything and even with this list, I still find floating objects or minor bugs which is driving me insane.

This guide is supposed to be just fixes and the easiest to install. There is some very minor patching involved if you want to look at it.

One last thing, I put very little effort into this guide but maximum into my setup so there a bunch of minor things that I glossed over as this guide was made for people but rather for myself. 

If anyone wants to improve this guide, feel free to do so. I just ask to keep the additions to the original idea.

There are a few things that I still need to note in the guide

• LOOT rules - most I borrowed from STEP
  • Minor patches between mods - Really easy as its mostly between two mods. I may create and compile them into a semi automated installer but do not count on it.
  • Linking to other setup guides
  • Recommended MCM settings
  • Last - anything else that annoys me as I play through the game
Anyhow, have fun with my low effort writing and guide as it will quickly be forgotten

I'll probably do this for other games like FNV(I have a mod order that'll do) and oblivion

I too have been recently "overwelmed" by modding skyrim... A few months ago I returned to the game after a year and found myself with too many mods to check, patch, test, merge... and after days spent modding the will to play the game just faded away  :huh:

This guide looks simple and complete enough and it actually makes me want to play the game again, thank you for sharing this.

Whoo, just passed 100 hours on my save and had only 5 crashes.

1. I alt tabbed and when tabbing back it crashed, nothing too concerning

2. I suspect it was the magic effect crash, which was supposedly fixed in 12b of crash fixes

3. Ditto and in the same world, fighting the same creature type just in a different location.

4 and 5. Something with wyrmstooth and one of the caves, it was repeatable but it eventually went away, I summed it up to bethsoft weirdness.

Just set this up with some minor changes, as this is such a light set-up that I thought some extravagance with options would be nice. Mainly, I added Realistic Aspen Trees, Enhanced Vanilla Trees- lush with RAT support, and ran DyndoLod in Ultra with the RAT meshes from this post on Reddit. Buttery smooth and no tree pop ins at all. 

Thanks for the guide. :)

Hey, I had a proper profile in MO with almost all the mods you outline here, some of this guide I adopted also!

If I might suggest you take a look at Dynamic Immersive Seriously Dark Dungeons, Torch craft, Dragon Priests Enhanced and Vanilla Followers AI. Pretty much add to the vanilla enhancement!