4 replies to this topic

#1 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:02 AM

I received the error about the missing dx file but when I clicked on the link it directed me to windows media creation tool. I did some googling but they always redirected me to that same page. I'm just curious if I'm supposed to download that tool because I don't ever remember seeing that option when I've used it in the past. I feel like this is a really simple problem, but considering I couldn't find it referenced on this forum, I felt like I needed to create the post. Funny, prior to installing Windows onto my SSD, I actually didn't run into this issue. 

#2 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

Do you mean the DX9 Runtimes?

Or the requirement for DDSopt, the Visual C++ redistributable? Install both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Was the error when you tried to run DDSopt? What did it say exactly?

#3 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:23 AM

That first one was what I was looking for... I think. It's asking for where to install though. I guess in program files (for DX9 Runtimes I mean) 

#4 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, it's asking where to extract them. Just make a folder somewhere and point it there. Then run DXSETUP.exe and you should be golden.

#5 Aeradom

Aeradom

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, it's asking where to extract them. Just make a folder somewhere and point it there. Then run DXSETUP.exe and you should be golden.

That did it. I wonder why the other DirectX didn't work. Oh well, point is that it works and we're good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users