23 replies to this topic

#1 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

I'm having some trouble with my load order. I'm working on my patches for my packs and it feels like the load order is messed up but I might remember it wrong.

Q: What is the load order of AOS.esp and RealisticWaterTwo.esp supposed to be?

I have a feeling that RealisticWaterTwo.esp used to be loaded after AOS.esp but the LOOT masterlist places AOS.esp after RealisticWaterTwo.esp if the official AOS/RW2 patch isn't used. Is this really correct?

#2 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

For STEP, I think I remember SRB telling me once that the last 5 mods in the load order should be Relighting Skryim->RWT->AOS->ELE->STEP Patch. But then some things need to be forwarded that AOS overwrites (which aren't in the STEP patch), like the horse step sounds, IIRC.

If you let LOOT sort it naturally, some RWT records are overwritten and need to be forwarded which aren't in the STEP patch (water direction).

Nothing super critical anyway, but worth mentioning if you are a perfectionist like me. :-P

I've been meaning to mention this for a bit, but I forgot. I'm glad you brought it up, Dreadflopp. :-)

Edit: For SR:LE obviously totally different. I think Neo's patch covers it.

#3 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

I'm a perfectionist too, which why I'm having some trouble with wrapping my head around this. It makes more sense for AOS to overwrite RW2 but, if it does, there are records in the STEP patch that are redundant. This lead me to believe that the load order had previously been the opposite, but I may be totally wrong. This is also my main concern about LOOT, I have no control of my load order when it changes due to a masterlist update or no way of knowing if it really has changed.

#4 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

There is a RWT/AOS patch, but it is useless if you put AOS last. I tried telling the LOOT folks this, but I'm not sure it worked. There were 3 or 4 AOS patches that had the same issue.

The STEP Patches have redundancies left over from the updates since we released the guide. I don't really clean those out until the next major release. 

#5 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

There is a RWT/AOS patch, but it is useless if you put AOS last. I tried telling the LOOT folks this, but I'm not sure it worked. There were 3 or 4 AOS patches that had the same issue.

The STEP Patches have redundancies left over from the updates since we released the guide. I don't really clean those out until the next major release.

So, what is the load order of RWT and AOS supposed to be in STEP? I think what you told the LOOT team worked. There is a LOOT rule for AOS with a condition that loads AOS after RWT if the RWT/AOS patch isn't used. This actually moves RWT before AOS instead of moving AOS, placing RWT early in the load order, even before CCOR that wins conflicts over RWT.

I have advised users of my packs to set a priority value for RealisticWaterTwo.esp. I use 980000 which I need to raise to 990000 since MLU.esp, which I use in my packs and RWT should win over, has gotten a value of 985000 in the LOOT masterlist. Maybe STEP should raise their priority values as well since it is a base for packs that uses mods that may be placed after Relighting Skyrim and ELE? I advise users of my packs to do this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#6 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

We've been trying to get those rules in LOOT changed for at least two releases now. Ess simply needs to add these rules to the STEP Guide rather than messing with LOOT since they're obviously not going to change the rules the masterlist ships with. This needs to be done before the next release because not mine is not even set up correctly. I'll stay on him like a kid with who just ate a bowl of sugar until he does it. :^_^:

@Ess,

Add them to the mod pages and then to the list at the end of the Guide, please.

#7 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:03 PM

The order that Neb put up is the best in my experience. Relighting Skyrim->RWT->AOS->ELE->STep Patch. 

Here's my Extended loadorder used to make the last STEP Patch (99% sure there is some extra stuff in there. Just ignore.):

We've been trying to get those rules in LOOT changed for at least two releases now. Ess simply needs to add these rules to the STEP Guide rather than messing with LOOT since they're obviously not going to change the rules the masterlist ships with. This needs to be done before the next release because not mine is not even set up correctly. I'll stay on him like a kid with who just ate a bowl of sugar until he does it. :^_^:

@Ess,

Add them to the mod pages and then to the list at the end of the Guide, please.

I will if I ever decide to stop being lazy. :gnome:

#8 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

You can PM me the LOOT rules if you don't have time and I'll get them added to the Guide.

#9 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

The order that Neb put up is the best in my experience. Relighting Skyrim->RWT->AOS->ELE->STep Patch. 

I totally agree. I prefer giving all these mods a global priority value to make sure they are placed last and in the preferred order.

#10 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

I don't really like globals for that many mods. Unless you use our mod setup it isn't useful. Rules are better for everything except ELE.

#11 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

RWT load after Relighting Skyrim and AOS load after RWT should do it, I think. May need to add another rule for some audio mods that AOS would overwrite to load after AOS, or just include the forwards in the STEP Patch (like Immersive Horse Step Sounds).

#12 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

All sound mods are correct as we decided when adding AOS. I haven't changed those in many moons. 

#13 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

That whole sound section needs review, but it's a massive chore to compare all those sounds.

#14 Van555

Van555

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

That whole sound section needs review, but it's a massive chore to compare all those sounds.

I'm curious is there a process by which we could volunteer for tasks or is it anything goes?

I figure that I'm about to over invest time in Skyrim so I might as well attempt to do something for others. :;):

#15 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Z did it when AOS came out, or he lead the whole process. I didn't help with that. It was just me and Z testing for a while so we were doing stuff without overlap. Thank god DY came along. We haven't changed that section much since.

My advice would be to just start over with AOS as the base and build the whole section from that. I'll do any necessary patching. It's pretty easy after doing it a thousand times.

I'm curious is there a process by which we could volunteer for tasks or is it anything goes?

I figure that I'm about to over invest time in Skyrim so I might as well attempt to do something for others. :;):

The entire sight is volunteers so anyone can help with almost anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users