23 replies to this topic

#16 Van555

Van555

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

Z did it when AOS came out, or he lead the whole process. I didn't help with that. It was just me and Z testing for a while so we were doing stuff without overlap. Thank god DY came along. We haven't changed that section much since.

My advice would be to just start over with AOS as the base and build the whole section from that. I'll do any necessary patching. It's pretty easy after doing it a thousand times.

If I could make a suggestion Immersive Sounds Compendium could make a solid base.

#17 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

I was totally wrong about the horse step sounds, BTW. Just checked in xEdit and they are covered by the STEP patch anyway where they conflict with AOS.

Also, I keep thinking in terms of xEdit overrides, and forgetting that some conflicts are likely intentional. My bad. :-P

#18 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,873 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:57 PM

Z did it when AOS came out, or he lead the whole process. I didn't help with that. It was just me and Z testing for a while so we were doing stuff without overlap. Thank god DY came along. We haven't changed that section much since.

My advice would be to just start over with AOS as the base and build the whole section from that. I'll do any necessary patching. It's pretty easy after doing it a thousand times.
The entire sight is volunteers so anyone can help with almost anything.

I actually with Lucidity Sound FX in testing, what needs to be done is a good compare between just those two mods and either keep one over the other as a general base to start from. If both mods are kept, they really need a sound by sound compare to find out which is better. That's getting a little crazy, though, so I would just do a smaller set compare of the two mods and go with the better of the two as the conflict winner for all conflicts based on which is the winner of the smaller set compare. Getting into scientific methods here...haha! :^_^:

I'm curious is there a process by which we could volunteer for tasks or is it anything goes?

I figure that I'm about to over invest time in Skyrim so I might as well attempt to do something for others. :;):

Read this to decided if you're up for mod testing for STEP: http://wiki.step-pro...ide:Mod_Testing

If I could make a suggestion Immersive Sounds Compendium could make a solid base.

That adds a ton of sounds and would thus be Extended territory. So not good as a base for STEP.

#19 Van555

Van555

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

That adds a ton of sounds and would thus be Extended territory. So not good as a base for STEP.

Fair enough

#20 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

The order that Neb put up is the best in my experience. Relighting Skyrim->RWT->AOS->ELE->STep Patch. 

Here's my Extended loadorder used to make the last STEP Patch (99% sure there is some extra stuff in there. Just ignore.):

I will if I ever decide to stop being lazy. :gnome:

RWT load after Relighting Skyrim and AOS load after RWT should do it, I think. May need to add another rule for some audio mods that AOS would overwrite to load after AOS, or just include the forwards in the STEP Patch (like Immersive Horse Step Sounds).

I came across this topic and I see that my load order is not like this at the end (I did follow the rules that are at the end of the guide).

I sort the plugins in LOOT and RealisticWaterTwo.esp and RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp are after FarmhouseChimneys.esp and BEFORE AOS.esp wich is after TimingIsEverything.esp.

RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp and ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp are just before the STEP Extended Patch.esp however, according to the rules (and after the Vivid Weather ESPs).

Is it important that I change RWT and AOS order?

#21 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,873 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

They should be close to the bottom, yes.

#22 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

Wow I wasn't expecting such a fast reply at this time (5AM for me, yes I should go to bed!)... Well I forgot you are in the USA!

Is the best to add a "LOAD AFTER" rule to RWT and AOS so they are in between Relighting Skyrim and ELE? (I'll also move their respective patches unless LOOT does it for me).

EDIT: I'm dumb it is exactly what Nebulous said, please slap me.

EDIT2: It seems like you are holding the fort alone these days, thank you for the answer.

Edited by Zorkha, 04 November 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#23 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:38 PM

He is pretty alone. I'll be around a bit more soon.

#24 Julien

Julien

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:29 AM

He is pretty alone. I'll be around a bit more soon.

::O: Poor people!

I don't know where you live but I wish you a nice day/evening.^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users