Skytest and vanilla animal general toughness

Jimmayus

Question

Hey guys, big fans of both SRLE and the LOTD edition. After installing the pack in its entirety (with a few additions such as SWIFT, a few additional Chesko/Campfire mods and Hunterborn + its patches) I've really enjoyed the time I've played. My only gripe so far has been that as far as I can tell, vanilla animals seem to have insane amounts of hp relative to other creatures. I can give you 2 examples to illustrate:

1) Felling a ram at level 1 with just an imperial bow and ancient nord arrows usually takes 2 hits. Felling a deer requires 6-7. 

2) Likewise, fighting, for example, a Plague Wolf from SIC might take a reasonable number of arrows (2-3, depends on if I score an injury, etc), whereas a single wolf might need to be shot upwards up 8+ times.

Additionally, wolves seem to be literally everywhere. In the time between leaving Shor's Stone and hitting Riften I fought 3 whole packs, it has become exceptionally tedious especially since the last one will run away but stay aggroed for a long period of time. As a corrolary to the last issue, these ubiquitous packs of wolves tend to murder not only all other animals instantly, but also seem to just kill all guards. I've seen 3 wolves kill 4 Riften guards in a tower, which is such an absurd situation that I'm beyond admiring the humor in it and starting to regret installing this mod.

Do you guys have any suggestions for changing these aspects?

2 answers to this question