Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized (by Vano89)

Farlo

It's a lot less confusing to just post a link to the diff view of the edit you're talking about.

Anyways, according to the description page (which isn't exactly clear on the issue) you install "00 Core files" and "01 Hi-Res Secondary stuff" for the best looking version ("Hybrid (1024+2048)") and then install "02 Hybrid + Vanilla NM files" for the next step down ("Hybrid (1024+2048) + Vanilla NormalMaps"). So the addition of the Vanilla normals is what makes the recommended instructions not the "best", and I quote that because the difference is negligible in most places.

So completely confused...:wacko:

Lets just leave it at that. :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot less confusing to just post a link to the diff view of the edit you're talking about.

Anyways, according to the description page (which isn't exactly clear on the issue) you install "00 Core files" and "01 Hi-Res Secondary stuff" for the best looking version ("Hybrid (1024+2048)") and then install "02 Hybrid + Vanilla NM files" for the next step down ("Hybrid (1024+2048) + Vanilla NormalMaps"). So the addition of the Vanilla normals is what makes the recommended instructions not the "best", and I quote that because the difference is negligible in most places.

So completely confused...:wacko:

Lets just leave it at that. :P

Basically, only "00" and a "01" options are required, "02" adds back the Vanilla normals, which are slightly worse quality.

• 3 weeks later...

This was updated yesterday, 02/09, in case anyone missed it.

There are two files, a full version v2.0 and an update for those of us that already have v1.1.

Version 2.0

Fixed mipmap errors with female "childrenclothes" textures

Added and optimized DLCs Hi-Res textures

Mod completely reworked and updated!

First of all, I want to clear up the confusion regarding his version of the Unofficial Patch vs the original.

Considering the original unofficial patch is in a bsa format, the loose files that he uses in his mod would not be compatible.

As a result, all he did was extract the files from the bsa file to a loose format to make it compatible with his mod so that you can overwrite the files from the unofficial patch over his.

Now to my question at hand.

Do I need the Dragonborn DLC for the updated HD pack to work properly?

I know this might sound pretty obvious but I just want to make sure whether or not their would be any issues with the dragonborn portion of the HD pack if I dont have the dragonborn dlc installed.

Anyone who can enlighten me on this simple question would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

Want to confirm how to best install this using Wrye Bash.  I'm thinking that I will extract the three folders I want to use: 00 Core Files, 01 Hi-Res Secondary Stuff, and 02 Hybrid & Vanilla NM files. Then I will package them into a RAR archive file, name it HDDLC Optimized, and then drop that into the Installers tab in Wrye Bash.

Does that sound okay?  And are there any other steps that I should follow?

EDIT- I went ahead and did it that way- made a RAR file with Core Files, Hi-Res Secondary Stuff, and Hybrid & Vanilla NM Files folders. Dropped that RAR file into the Installer tab in Wrye Bash.

It's there at the bottom as a white box with a cross in it. I read the Wrye Bash FAQ that states a white box:

"The package, as configured, has no files to install. This can happen for complex packages where none of the sub-packages are selected for installation. "

Also, the text is navy blue (indicating the presence of sub packages)

I selected all three sub-packages (Core Files, Hi-Res Secondary Stuff, and Hybrid & Vanilla Files) and now the box is red.

Is all good/installed properly?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would it be worth changing this mod to use the BSA version of this, and changing the notes to match? So less than 1GB uses the full 1024 + 512 secondary stuff BSA (file to download is "Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized BSA --Vanilla 512 Secondary stuff--" I believe), 1GB-1.25GB uses the Hybrid - vanilla normal maps + 1024 secondary stuff BSA (file is: "Hybrid_Vanilla Normal Maps BSA --Hi-Res 1024 Secondary stuff--"), 1.5GB uses the Hybrid + 1024 secondary stuff BSA (file is "Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized BSA --Hi-Res 1024 Secondary stuff--"), and anyone more than that doesn't use it at all. It might be worth putting the UHRP after this, just to make sure (I have no idea where it is set to load in BOSS).

If the mod isn't changed, then it could be worth moving the UHRP to be after this, and adding a note to that to extract the BSA and delete the esp. It'd remove the need to download the patch for it from this mod, seeing as it seems that all the guy did was extract the UHRP and upload the files as a patch.

Final note: the wiki link doesn't work in the OP, and there's not a link to the Nexus there either.

• 5 weeks later...