Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized (by Vano89)

Farlo

Would it be worth changing this mod to use the BSA version of this, and changing the notes to match? So less than 1GB uses the full 1024 + 512 secondary stuff BSA (file to download is "Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized BSA --Vanilla 512 Secondary stuff--" I believe), 1GB-1.25GB uses the Hybrid - vanilla normal maps + 1024 secondary stuff BSA (file is: "Hybrid_Vanilla Normal Maps BSA --Hi-Res 1024 Secondary stuff--"), 1.5GB uses the Hybrid + 1024 secondary stuff BSA (file is "Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized BSA --Hi-Res 1024 Secondary stuff--"), and anyone more than that doesn't use it at all. It might be worth putting the UHRP after this, just to make sure (I have no idea where it is set to load in BOSS).

If the mod isn't changed, then it could be worth moving the UHRP to be after this, and adding a note to that to extract the BSA and delete the esp. It'd remove the need to download the patch for it from this mod, seeing as it seems that all the guy did was extract the UHRP and upload the files as a patch.

Final note: the wiki link doesn't work in the OP, and there's not a link to the Nexus there either.

Can I bring up my last post in here again for consideration?

I updated the OP. Honestly I don't know enough about the conflicts here to make an informed decision on your suggestions. I'll let the others chime in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, currently, this mod offers a "Compatible Version" of the Unofficial High Resolution Patch, which is just the files from UHRP extracted from the BSA and added as an extra download so you get the fixes from it (I can't give an exact source right now, I just remember reading it on one of the pages for one of the mods). In my mind, it'd be easier to use the BSA version, as the ESP for this can just be set to load before the UHRP one. And other than the initial download for the BSA version, there's no extra files to download. The only issue comes with if people extract the BSAs. In which case, it might be worth putting this before the UHRP in the Install Order to be on the safe side.

Thanks for updating the OP, by the way!

I will have a detailed look at the updated mod myself and post a recommendation based on that. Unfortunately, the mod description is not updated with any new changes (i.e., I can't tell if Vano has gone through all of the new HRDLC textures in the same way as he did the original).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If we optimize the textures ourselves using the DDSopt instruction do we still need this mod?

Sort of... Vano edited some of the stuff from scratch or close to it iirc and you'd have to optimize everything and halfsize some textures etc. I don't think most people even the ones using the DDSOpt guide would want to bother with it. Either way I'd say uncheck the [Core] Flag in the guide.

Slightly off topic: One thing to look out for when optimising yourself is the foliage. There's mentions of it in in the guide but not much. I think I forgot the DDSopt ini first time and ended up with too sharp foliage. I didn't realise until I messed with ENBs which accentuated the problem. HRDLC optimized had taken care of this and the Vano89s result were much better than mine. I ended up using his instead, about 40 hours game time later and scrapping all my own optimised textures. About a days worth of hours down the drain so to speak :)

Thanks

Fred

• 5 months later...

The compatible version is literally just an old version of the UHRP that's been extracted from the BSA. You'd get the exact same result from either moving this mod before UHRP, or moving UHRP after it.

I brought this up ages ago and there still hasn't been anything done about it.