nVidia "Limited" Dynamic Range

hishutup

So, I don't know if people know this but I sure didn't, but nVidia cards are apparently defaulted to "Limited" dynamic range instead of "Full" for some reason.

This normally isnt a huge issue for the day-to-day user but there were several games that I just couldn't see in or were bleached out and for the longest time I thought my screen was complete s*** but it was actually because it wasn't displaying all the colors.

This makes a huge difference, even on my desktop.

WQ0bTTE.jpg

YHvs5Uk.jpg

To change it, open NVIDIA Control Panel

Go to "Video" -> "Adjust video color settings" 

Select "With the NVIDIA settings"

Go to "Advanced"

Select "Full (0-255)"

KUY0eYR.png

And now all the ENBs look fantastic :D

Thats what I thought, but when I purchased the 980ti, I had DVI, I then switched to a DVI/HDMI cable so that I can use the PS4 on my monitor and then I switched back to DVI/DVI because I couldnt get my monitor accurately calibrated.

I believe that is limited because that is what mine was set on.

Follow what I wrote in OP and tell me if you see a difference.

I did. No difference in the few tests I did. I opened up several images and programs and never seen a difference. Haven't tried a game yet. I'll be installing an ENB soon to test this.

I did a test with it on some 1080p movies and the difference is quite noticeable. The colors are deeper and richer and the contrast is better. ...and here I thought my IPS monitor could look better! I also opened up Skyrim and it seems to be better their as well. I reinstalled ELEP on default settings and this is usually what I play with so it's more or less vanilla with some of the enhanced ENB effects.

Looks like this is something that needs to be done on all systems. I'll await a few more results and then add it to the Guide for the next release.

I did a test with it on some 1080p movies and the difference is quite noticeable. The colors are deeper and richer and the contrast is better. ...and here I thought my IPS monitor could look better! I also opened up Skyrim and it seems to be better their as well. I reinstalled ELEP on default settings and this is usually what I play with so it's more or less vanilla with some of the enhanced ENB effects.

Looks like this is something that needs to be done on all systems. I'll await a few more results and then add it to the Guide for the next release.

:D

I recommend this as it is a really easy site to visually cal a display.