Adjustable HUD - aHUD Problem

Hi Folks.

Seems I have a problem with aHUD. Until yesterday I had a fairly (I am on Win 10!) stable C&PD build going and everything was working fine.  However, due to a HDD failure, I had to remod FO3 from scratch.  Everything appeared to be fine when testing after completing the Base UI section except that aHUD didn't work.

I have tried various clean saves from before and after leaving the vault and it just won't move anything around or remove any brackets.  I must stress, in my last build, aHUD working perfectly, just not now.

I tried another clean install and again it still won't work and for the life of me I cannot figure it out. 

The only thing I have done differently this time is to have FNV installed with a seperate MO install and all utilities ready to mod using the Fear and Loathing guide but I don't see how this would stop aHUD from working.

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated and if more info is needed just let me know.

Many thanks.