WILL MO carry over from WIN10 to WIN7?

Quahogs

Question

I have a workable MO setup on my WIN10 platform.  If I create a WIN7 dual boot scenario will it be as easy as copying the MO dir to the new WIN 7 partition (assuming I install all the appropriate programs SKYRIM etc in the same place they exist on WIN10)   Can it be that simple?  

I basically want to go ahead and keep modding in WIN10 without having to recreate everyting once I ever get a dual WIN7 boot in place.    Thanks

2 answers to this question

Yes, I just did this last week.  I have Steam/Skyrim installed on a seperate SSD so just had to reinstall steam to the same location on Win7.  Other than that all my Skyrim tools (MO, TES5Edit, etc) are installed to the same SSD and are standalone so all work fine.  You'll need to reinstall LOOT and copy your userlist from its Win10 location to the new location in Win7 for any metadata rules you've added to carry across.  Plus remember to install all of the runtimes and redistributables needed for the various tools.  Run Skyrim through steam once before running through MO. Also, when you first open MO in Win7 just check all of the executable/plugin paths (blue/green cog button) to make sure they're all still pointing to the correct path as a couple of mine were wrong the first time I loaded MO in Win7.