Strange display errors and mod recognition with new computer

mpotto

Question

Hi everyone.  I finally built a new computer after running the last one far beyond its expiration date.  I'm reinstalling my old games and am trying to finish modding Skyrim.  

While Mod Organizer seems to work fine on my old computer it doesn't seem to display properly on the new one.  Maybe the display is  a 4k TV issue but there is something else.  It seems to know exactly what my old settings and mods were before logging into anything.  Maybe it's just recognizing the Steam mods, but with the exception of the weird display it looks like the same as on my old computer.  It also doesn't seem to recognize the new ones I downloaded manually.  Regardless, with the display issues of columns not displaying correctly and etc., I don't know how to fix the problem.  

Below is a link to a screenshot.  Note that it doesn't display any mod names to the far left of the profile window and the column names look odd.  Thanks.

https://s9.postimg.org/r32b777pb/MO_screenshot.png

MO_screenshot.png

3 answers to this question

Welcome to STEP @mpotto

I'm not really sure what "display issues" you are describing, the columns just need to be resized by grabbing the separator bar between each of them, just as you would in any modern UI. The fonts on some of the UI elements do look a little odd but they can be changed by either choosing another style in the "Settings" or even by using Windows settings for your overall appearance.

There was a report just the other day about Windows text scaling feature causing issue with some elements. Do you have that enabled?

Your screenshot also shows a lot of mods are directly installed into Skyrim's Data folder, as they are marked as "Non-MO". STEP strongly advises ALL mods used to be installed via MO to avoid any conflict mismanagement. You will need to unsubscribe from those Steam mods and install them manually using MO.

Welcome to STEP @mpotto

I'm not really sure what "display issues" you are describing, the columns just need to be resized by grabbing the separator bar between each of them, just as you would in any modern UI. The fonts on some of the UI elements do look a little odd but they can be changed by either choosing another style in the "Settings" or even by using Windows settings for your overall appearance.

There was a report just the other day about Windows text scaling feature causing issue with some elements. Do you have that enabled?

Your screenshot also shows a lot of mods are directly installed into Skyrim's Data folder, as they are marked as "Non-MO". STEP strongly advises ALL mods used to be installed via MO to avoid any conflict mismanagement. You will need to unsubscribe from those Steam mods and install them manually using MO.

Wow.  Switching to the dark really improves visibility and the columns are now expanded.  All the mods were downloaded manually to make sure I had them stored properly.  I hoped to have a clean looking mod list but it still populated.

If I'm looking at the right place the "text scaling" is at 300% which works best on the TV.  Maybe I'll play around with it.

How do I remove them from the mod list?  Requiem will remove the need for a lot of those and it looks like a mess as it is.  I was really sloppy with my first Mod Organizer experience and, with exception of downloading the mods manually, wanted to do a clean install.

You need to delete everything in the Skyrim/data directory except the files that come with the game. One potential solution is to delete everything in the Skyrim/data directory and then use Steam to validate integrity to redownload the files that came with the game.