RUSTIC GARGOYLE (by Gamwich)

Fantomax

+1 with SparrowPrince, Gamwish. Think to all people that are not unpleasant or rude with you, perhaps they don't mail anything. And imagine that they do use your great mods. The conclusion could be that unpleasant and rude are so small parts..

English is not my native language so i hope the meaning is well understood. And i do use many of your mods. There is clearly for mea before and after when i install one of them.

The name is Gamwich..... Why do so many people get that wrong?  :;):

If you're talking about endorsements, then you're correct. The ratio of endorsements to downloads of any of my mods, or mods in general tends to be low. Few people leave comments as well. You either get the people who really like something, or the people that hate something, or those who don't have a clue how to install, or want you to make something else for them. The vast majority of people just take your work, use it, and never say a word. That's the world of modding that we live in.

Sorry for S Gamwich :confused: as an excuse, Gamwish is a french acronym i use in my work. ::P:

In my job, i started with a medium knowledge 25 years ago. Then, when one of my project was ending very good, people were saying thanks to me. then years after years my knowledge level started to grew a lot. the better my job was, the less people were thinking to tell me a single word.

Now, i'm well known, i'm at a very high technical level, some important people thinks that my job is almost perfect (that's not what i think), i'm invited by great companies to make presentation about how i manage and work with some product. BUT, the only thing that i hear, when one of my project is a little less perfect in others minds, is "Good job but..."

So i'm now used to think that, if you use my job and you don't say a word, it's okay, my initial target has been hit, i did FUBAR (another acronym) so good job to myself.

i can live with it. This job takes me 12-15 hours a day sometimes. I don't expect anything more. A silent user is an happy user in my mind.

Edited by Mandalay

Sandwich mmm...

You could say the same thing if you were the owner of textures.com. I'm guessing most people silently download from their free quota without a word said - or obviously a payment drafted.

That's just how the world works when free is involved, and you acknowledge that before you start such an endeavour. You should be looking at it in a way that if you can make a handful of people happy, then that is all you could ever need.

I mean, I'm happy just looking at the images currently and admiring the effort you have put into this. So I'll finally say that it is fantastic as usual and is obviously the best replacer out there.

Edited by Guest

The name is Gamwich..... Why do so many people get that wrong?  :;):

If you're talking about endorsements, then you're correct. The ratio of endorsements to downloads of any of my mods, or mods in general tends to be low. Few people leave comments as well. You either get the people who really like something, or the people that hate something, or those who don't have a clue how to install, or want you to make something else for them. The vast majority of people just take your work, use it, and never say a word. That's the world of modding that we live in.

I feel the same way at times about my mods. But then again I'm a mod user too and I won't endorse every mod I download. Most of time I'll download something as its the only way to try it out and then decide I didn't like it or its not what I'm looking for so I'll delete it. Sorry but I won't endorse something that doesn't suit that would be disingenous. :/

Also I like to test it for a while so there will be a gap between downloading and endorsing but if I do like it though then I'll endorse. Eventually. (Sometimes I'll just plain forget sometimes I look at the page later and think "Oh I didn't endorse that I'll do it now." So its not malicious just plain forgetfulness too.

At least there isn't the option to downvote it, now that would be an unpleasant business.

I'm about exactly the same as soupdragon on Endorsements. Downloads != People enjoying the mod and then would endorse. If anything, the endorsements would be a more accurate depiction of the amount of users enjoying your mod.

For my mods I don't pay attention to the stats. I have no idea as to what their current values are. I mod because I enjoy it. If only one other person would enjoy it too, then uploading it was worth it, imo, because I've provided enjoyment for at least one individual in this crazy world.

• 9 months later...