Cannot use 'ReduceSystemMemoryUsage' with Injector Version; Cannot fix crashes.

BlkJeff

Question

Good afternoon, 

I've followed Neovalen's Skyrim Revisited guide to the letter, and have been diagnosing problems for a couple of days now. I cannot use the ENBoost Wrapper version. Installing DX9 June 2010 Runtime from the Web Installer OR SDK makes no difference, I experience a failure to start. This has led me to a problem with CrashFix. I'll outline my steps, so you can see if I've missed anything. Each time I experience these crashes is loading from the Live Another Life prison cell onto the Solitude Docks (via Mara Statue).

With CrashFix 'UseOSAllocator=1'

• AlignHeapAllocate on/off (no effect)
  • CustomMemoryBlock=1
  • CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=768/1024 (no effect)
  • SafetyLoad on/off (negligent?)

Without CrashFix 'UseOSAllocator=0'

'\Mod Organizer\mods\Skyrim Script Extender\SKSE.ini'
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
  • SafetyLoad on/off (negligent?)
14 Aug 13:23:53 Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 89478661 / 16. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.
3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce fragmentation. 

The one thing I've been unable to try is 'ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true'. Due to using the Injector Version of ENBoost, I receive the 'ENBhost has failed' error whenever this option is enabled. The game folder is not in a system folder, and I've added the folder and individual components of ENBoost to my antiviruses exception list.

Please let me know if there's anything I missed, or any information I could provide to help further diagnose the problem.

Edited by BlkJeff

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet