Almost there......

Hi Folks,

I am almost at the end of the guide and, even though I have never bothered in the past when following the guide (mainly because it seemed too difficult), I have now decided to bite the bullet and attempt to make my own compatibility patch.  Which, it seems once I've learnt how to do it can only be a benefit in the long run.  My only question is......how the hell do I do this?

I have followed the video mentioned in another post, the link to which is here, but I cannot figure out what I am supposed to do, for example..........

From the guide.....

To maintain compatibility with RH_IronSights - FOSE use xEdit to add records to a compatibility patch that loads after this mod (this is typically done as part of an overall manually created compatibility patch that loads just before the bashed patch from Wrye Bash):

xx000ea7 MP5A4 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations
xx000ea9 MP5K SMG - DNAM - Grip Animation - change back to Handgrip1 instead of DEFAULT
xx000eaa MP5SD5 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

where xx is the plugin vload index for the ZL-MP5 plugin from the Zealotlees MP5 Pack mod. (thanks to DanielCoffey for these changes)

I can only assume that the above assumes you already some knowledge about how to make a compatibility patch, but for those of use that haven't a clue can some advice be given please?

Regards.

Edited by MalekBrood

I'm not sure which guides or videos are most helpful. You can look on the STEP site and in the forums on xEdit to see if there are recommendations.

To me the first task is to learn what xEdit does; after that compatibility patches are much easier to understand. First step, at least the way I learned to use xEdit, was to understand more about the data structure used in a plugin. The best way is to start it up with a few mods, preferably mods that affect the same kinds of items so there are potential conflicts, and then look at the left part of the display display. Select a mod (Don't select the game esm files; they are too big) and then click the plus sign to open it up, then pick an object type (e.g., container or armor) and click the plus sign. Select an object (i.e., a row) and look at the right hand display. Now look at the records (each row is a record) in the right hand display.

This site has a list of some of the record types you might see in the records.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I am almost at the end of the guide and, even though I have never bothered in the past when following the guide (mainly because it seemed too difficult), I have now decided to bite the bullet and attempt to make my own compatibility patch.  Which, it seems once I've learnt how to do it can only be a benefit in the long run.  My only question is......how the hell do I do this?

I have followed the video mentioned in another post, the link to which is here, but I cannot figure out what I am supposed to do, for example..........

From the guide.....

To maintain compatibility with RH_IronSights - FOSE use xEdit to add records to a compatibility patch that loads after this mod (this is typically done as part of an overall manually created compatibility patch that loads just before the bashed patch from Wrye Bash):

xx000ea7 MP5A4 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

xx000ea9 MP5K SMG - DNAM - Grip Animation - change back to Handgrip1 instead of DEFAULT

xx000eaa MP5SD5 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

where xx is the plugin vload index for the ZL-MP5 plugin from the Zealotlees MP5 Pack mod. (thanks to DanielCoffey for these changes)

I can only assume that the above assumes you already some knowledge about how to make a compatibility patch, but for those of use that haven't a clue can some advice be given please?

Regards.

Hi MalekBrood,

Not sure if you still need this info but I was struggling with this as well. I'm a newb with this stuff but I'm pretty sure I found how to do it, Kelmych or others please correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I did it was open xEdit (FO3Edit) and open only the ZL-MP5 Pack.esp. One it has loaded, expand the Weapon section and you will find the relevant three records (highlighted in the linked image below - the first two digits in the ID will vary depending on you load order I believe, hence the "xx" reference in the guide, in my case they were "02"). If you right-click on each of these in turn and select "Copy into overrride" (as explained in the video you linked above) you can add them to your own manual patch, and modify the records as described in the C&PD guide.

https://s271.photobucket.com/user/drav666/media/FO3Edit_1.png.html

Hope that helps a little :)

Cheers,

drav666

Edited by drav666

Thanks for confirming Kelmych :)

For some reason I can't seem to edit my post above, so putting an amendment here - in my original post I said you should open only the ZL-MP5 Pack.esp, when in fact you should open both ZL-MP5 Pack.esp and  MP5forFWE.esp to see the records you need to modify in your manual patch.

Cheers,

drav666