17 replies to this topic

#16 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

so... anyone have a clue what this means?

You are not allowed to provide the resources for downloads or to sell in any form.
You are not allowed to archive or make available the resources in any form on the internet.  

You can use the resources for personal and commercial projects royality free.

this is some free software but I was wondering if the content it generated was allowed to be uploaded... I think they mean you can't distribute the package or sell it but can do what ever with the generated image.

Since the great gravel brainfart I have been very wary of what I can can can't upload (zomg)

The company itself can't be contacted directly they just post their stuff on digital river. That license info was in a text file accompanying the plugin...

#17 Bandy

Bandy

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

Yes, anything you make with the software can be placed for upload, either for free or even commercial gain, and no worries about having to pay them (AwesomeBump) any royalties.

I'm sure your base gravel image that you made your texture was not lifted from anywhere copyrighted.  So you should have a clear conscience.  Some images are free to use anyways, just acknowledge the original author.  People just want to know their work is appreciated.

#18 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for that, the Wording is difficult to grasp.

I've moved to a different software for Normal mapping to be able to blend normals for a better over all look and to be able to bring the extra information from the hand made normals in original game textures (potholes are a good example)

Now I'm struggling to ram month's/years of knowlage of blender/nif into my poor head.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users